Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Hi all - 2 quick questions. It has been 11 weeks now since passing Stage 1... should I be concerned that we haven't received an AOR yet? Also, can I send in additional evidence before getting an AOR?

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
bttmntl said:
missmymexi and RIUgirl... the delays are a huge issue. We feel like we have been going around in circles for four months.. FOUR MONTHS and we still aren't ready to file the application?!
We had the same difficulties, we hired the lawyer in November of 2010, we did the medicals in February 2011 and didnt get the package to CIC till April 2011. So I guess that is 6 months it took them to prep our package and in the end they neglected to include pertinant information that delayed our case another 4 months. We are almost at the year and a half mark since my fiance was sent back to Mexico. I think that immigration lawyers are a sham, they just funnel off the paper work to thier assistant and take very little time with the files themselves, I think its easy money for them. We originally hired a lawyer because he was sent back on a exclusion order and we thought that may complicate things, now that the wonderful people of the forum have educated me I realize this is not a need for a lawyer. I think if you are doing an appeal or something more complicated it may be justified but otherwise CIC and this forum together give you way more than enough info to do it yourself and far less delays in my opinion. Personally I dont see the signature dates on the forms being an issue, and really they should have got it together to have you sign everything at once when the package was completed

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
muchacha said:
Hi all - 2 quick questions. It has been 11 weeks now since passing Stage 1... should I be concerned that we haven't received an AOR yet? Also, can I send in additional evidence before getting an AOR?

Hi Muchacha,

I wouldnt send anything until they receive your file so it doesnt get lost in the shuffle. We sent a case specific enquiry and received our AOR a few days later, iscoezy also did the same. Dont pester them to much but I think more than enough time has gone by that it is warranted to ask if they have recieved your file :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
TSauretBaxter said:
Yeah by two weeks they should have it. Before it was about 10 calendar days to send it back.
Thank you :) Well hopefully we get something real soon ! I have been checking the tracking number on the return envelope but so far it doesnt register, hopefully soon though !

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Eduram said:
Just look for a Perito Traductor, they´re certified translators, they can be pricey sometimes, at least where I´m at because there are not a lot of them.
Thanks for the reply. Did you use a Perito Traductor? No need for the affidavit mentioned in the guides..?

missmymexi said:
We had the same difficulties, we hired the lawyer in November of 2010, we did the medicals in February 2011 and didnt get the package to CIC till April 2011. So I guess that is 6 months it took them to prep our package and in the end they neglected to include pertinant information that delayed our case another 4 months. We are almost at the year and a half mark since my fiance was sent back to Mexico. I think that immigration lawyers are a sham, they just funnel off the paper work to thier assistant and take very little time with the files themselves, I think its easy money for them. We originally hired a lawyer because he was sent back on a exclusion order and we thought that may complicate things, now that the wonderful people of the forum have educated me I realize this is not a need for a lawyer. I think if you are doing an appeal or something more complicated it may be justified but otherwise CIC and this forum together give you way more than enough info to do it yourself and far less delays in my opinion. Personally I dont see the signature dates on the forms being an issue, and really they should have got it together to have you sign everything at once when the package was completed
Thanks, missmymexi. What were the circumstances around your exclusion order? My partner applied for refugee status and was rejected. He left on the date he was told to... so he fully complied with the government. Do you see that as a "complicated" case?

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:
Thanks for the reply. Did you use a Perito Traductor? No need for the affidavit mentioned in the guides..?
We did, and it was ok, the peritos usually have a stamp that certifies them. I think a few of us have done that here.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Another delay... we were not told by our lawyer that all the translations need to be accompanied by a certified true copy.

I think I read somewhere the birth certificate needs to be a copy signed and sealed by the Mexican gov't.. is that right???

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Also... did anyone include a copy of their sponsored spouse's diploma or ID card? Our lawyer's office translated these for us but if we need to get certified copies and they aren't being requested anywhere in the guide/checklists, I'm wondering if we should forget about them.

Thanks!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bttmntl. - you may want to consider looking at the checklists at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp which will give you the detailed info on what you need to send for the sponsor and principal applicant.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
We got our PRG letter by courier this morning !! So my fiance is going to go to the GDL PRG office tomorrow, anyone had experience with this ? Also, we are thinking we would like a family member to pick up the SSP in DF, any advice on doing this ?

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
I have lawyers as well, I did find them very helpful when putting together the application and everything. But now they seem a little bit lost. I Sent the pgr and other additional documents that were request and were delivered on November 30th. I emailed my laywers asking how long it will be till I hear from the embassy and they said 10-11 months from now based on the 13 months processing on the website. After asking about the 6 months quoted on the AOR she said that it is not accurate and the 13 months is a more accurate time. Part of me thinks that maybe they haev to say that but, After a few replies to other messages I kinda thinks she is talking out of her ass (pardon my language) and has no idea.
I have had other people tell me that after a month of recieving the PGR they have the PPR or interview request! Im starting to make plans for January/February being back in Canada is this a possibility if there is no interview?
HELP my lawyers are so pessimistic!

Dec 6, 2012
Hi all!
I recently got the email from the CIC saying that they sent the letter for me to get the Police checks from the PGR in the mail, but the mailing system in Mexico is not very reliable, I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if they know where I can get and WHERE TO SEND the prepaid airway bill to get the letter soon! and get things going...

Also if you've had this issue and sent the prepaid airway, how much time until you get it back? Thank you! I would appreciate all the help I can get...

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
theonewiththeair said:
Hi all!
I recently got the email from the CIC saying that they sent the letter for me to get the Police checks from the PGR in the mail, but the mailing system in Mexico is not very reliable, I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if they know where I can get and WHERE TO SEND the prepaid airway bill to get the letter soon! and get things going...

Also if you've had this issue and sent the prepaid airway, how much time until you get it back? Thank you! I would appreciate all the help I can get...
You can send the prepaid waybill to the address in the AOR letter if you received it by email, that's what we did. We ended receiving the one they sent by mail 15 days after from Mex city to GDL so in some cases it does make it. If you don't wanna take any chances just send in the waybill, it took 10 days for them to resend a copy of the letter using the waybill we sent.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
meeshy said:
I have lawyers as well, I did find them very helpful when putting together the application and everything. But now they seem a little bit lost. I Sent the pgr and other additional documents that were request and were delivered on November 30th. I emailed my laywers asking how long it will be till I hear from the embassy and they said 10-11 months from now based on the 13 months processing on the website. After asking about the 6 months quoted on the AOR she said that it is not accurate and the 13 months is a more accurate time. Part of me thinks that maybe they haev to say that but, After a few replies to other messages I kinda thinks she is talking out of her ass (pardon my language) and has no idea.
I have had other people tell me that after a month of recieving the PGR they have the PPR or interview request! Im starting to make plans for January/February being back in Canada is this a possibility if there is no interview?
HELP my lawyers are so pessimistic!
your lawyers have good reason to be pessimistic. Im waiting over 3 years for my Mexican partner

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
gsize said:
your lawyers have good reason to be pessimistic. Im waiting over 3 years for my Mexican partner
Gsize, tell me a little bit about your case? 3 years is aweful, so sorry to hear that, what has been the hold up?