+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

andrewcwilliams

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Just to give an update, DM this morning, waiting on next steps. Spouse is in Canada as a visitor.

Timeline:

App delivered: June 11, 2021
AOR: August 14, 2021
Linked to GCKey: August 13, 2021
Background Check started in GCKey: August 13, 2021
ECAS in process: August 13, 2021
Biometrics Request: August 24, 2021
Biometrics given: August 24, 2021
Sponsor Approval: August 26, 2021 - PA app sent to Mexico VO
ECAS line 2 “processing”: August 27, 2021
Medical Request: October 21, 2021
Medical given: October 25, 2021
Medical Passed: November 17, 2021
Ghost Update on GCKey: March 11, 2022
Decision Made on ECAS: March 12, 2022

Reactions: Evelynpaulino

TimBit

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Mexico
Visa Office......
Mexico
What does a GHOST UPDATE look like? I've read that term before but not sure what it means. I apologize for the ignorance

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
What does a GHOST UPDATE look like? I've read that term before but not sure what it means. I apologize for the ignorance
When you log into your GCKEY account and it says "application/profile updated" under current status but there is no update or new message. Apparently what it means is someone is working on your file. Some say that you will receive something soon. I got one three weeks ago but no update, no good news. Same old nothing

Reactions: TimBit

C&E/Mex

Apr 8, 2022
Sharing our timeline if it can help anyone here :

Spousal sponsorship- Common-law- Outland-with ARC - Québec
PA from Mexico; VO: Mexico / Sponsor : Canadian citizen
(no interview was requested)

• Application received : Oct. 30, 2019
  • AOR: Dec. 20, 2019
  • Biometrics request : Dec. 20, 2019 ; Submitted: Jan. 7, 2020
  • Police Certificate request (RCMP): Dec. 20, 2019;
    Submitted: Jan. 16, 2020 (done through accredited fingerprinting company)
  • Sponsor approval and Correspondence letter for CSQ request: Dec 23, 2019;
    CSQ submitted: Jan. 16, 2020; Payment passed: Feb. 25, 2020;
    CSQ approved & received: July 15, 2020
  • Application sent to VO Mexico : Jan 6, 2020
  • Sent additional support for application (without request)- to support common-law relationship being maintained: Oct. 26 2020
  • Medical Request letter: March 19, 2021; Submitted: April 6,2021;
    Passed (update on GCKey): April 8, 2021
  • Schedule A ; Police Certificate (FGR Mexico*); IRB notes request: March 19, 2021; Submitted all: April 14, 2021;
    FGR (done in Veracruz): Requested : March 26; Received: April 8 2021
  • Pre-arrival services Letter – Eligibility passed (as per GCMS notes): July 9, 2021
  • ARC request (letter and fees): Oct. 25, 2021; Submitted: Oct. 26, 2021
  • GCKey Updated: February 25, 2022;
    Decision Made: February 26, 2022;
    New Tracker showing COPR document # : February 28, 2022; Background check went from “not started” to Completed.
  • Passport request and photos letter: March 1st, 2022;
    Submitted to VFS/VAC: March 3rd, 2022;
    Received: March 4th;
    Forwarded by VFS and in process at IRCC: March 17th
  • New tracker and GCKEY Updated : March 23rd /24th:
    Medical was extended till 2023 (expiry date was coming up, and we’d requested it);
    Final review of Eligibility - Approved;
    Letter of accompanying visa deposited : March 28th
  • COPR- included the IMM 1203b for ARC: Received March 31st
  • Landed on – Officially a permanent resident : April 3rd
  • *Airline requested that we present an eTA ; we requested and received it on April 1st.
By God's grace, we finally made it after almost 2 years and a half.
Congratulations to those who have reunited and I hope that all who are still waiting be reunited with your loved ones soon!

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Sharing our timeline if it can help anyone here :

Spousal sponsorship- Common-law- Outland-with ARC - Québec
PA from Mexico; VO: Mexico / Sponsor : Canadian citizen
(no interview was requested)

• Application received : Oct. 30, 2019
  • AOR: Dec. 20, 2019
  • Biometrics request : Dec. 20, 2019 ; Submitted: Jan. 7, 2020
  • Police Certificate request (RCMP): Dec. 20, 2019;
    Submitted: Jan. 16, 2020 (done through accredited fingerprinting company)
  • Sponsor approval and Correspondence letter for CSQ request: Dec 23, 2019;
    CSQ submitted: Jan. 16, 2020; Payment passed: Feb. 25, 2020;
    CSQ approved & received: July 15, 2020
  • Application sent to VO Mexico : Jan 6, 2020
  • Sent additional support for application (without request)- to support common-law relationship being maintained: Oct. 26 2020
  • Medical Request letter: March 19, 2021; Submitted: April 6,2021;
    Passed (update on GCKey): April 8, 2021
  • Schedule A ; Police Certificate (FGR Mexico*); IRB notes request: March 19, 2021; Submitted all: April 14, 2021;
    FGR (done in Veracruz): Requested : March 26; Received: April 8 2021
  • Pre-arrival services Letter – Eligibility passed (as per GCMS notes): July 9, 2021
  • ARC request (letter and fees): Oct. 25, 2021; Submitted: Oct. 26, 2021
  • GCKey Updated: February 25, 2022;
    Decision Made: February 26, 2022;
    New Tracker showing COPR document # : February 28, 2022; Background check went from “not started” to Completed.
  • Passport request and photos letter: March 1st, 2022;
    Submitted to VFS/VAC: March 3rd, 2022;
    Received: March 4th;
    Forwarded by VFS and in process at IRCC: March 17th
  • New tracker and GCKEY Updated : March 23rd /24th:
    Medical was extended till 2023 (expiry date was coming up, and we’d requested it);
    Final review of Eligibility - Approved;
    Letter of accompanying visa deposited : March 28th
  • COPR- included the IMM 1203b for ARC: Received March 31st
  • Landed on – Officially a permanent resident : April 3rd
  • *Airline requested that we present an eTA ; we requested and received it on April 1st.
By God's grace, we finally made it after almost 2 years and a half.
Congratulations to those who have reunited and I hope that all who are still waiting be reunited with your loved ones soon!
Congratulations!

Reactions: C&E/Mex

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Saludos a tod@s,

I (current PR) am sponsoring my wife (Mexican) via the inland spousal sponsorship application. We have a few questions and doubts, hoping any kind souls who've had experience with this process can help out:

• Background: Under the Country specific requirements, it's noted as followed:
    • Mexico – Instruction(s) for documents
    • "Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)."
  • Questions:
    1. What are the documents that you need to get government-certified copies of?
      • Birth certificate and passport? Anything else?
    2. How did you do get the government-certified true copies from inside Canada?
      • Did you visit the local Mexican embassy?
      • Is the process different and separated for the birth certificate and the passport?
      • Please kindly outline a step-by-step process.
    3. If you had to return to Mexico to get these certified copies from the "issuing governmental authority", please kindly share the process.
My wife has her original birth certificate here with her in Canada along with her current passport. We were initially under the impression that we just had to get them translated by a certified translator, and include a photocopy of the original and the certified translated copy in the package. We later found out that the photocopy of the originals need to be <fancy-pants>government-certified true copies</fancy-pants> as stated above.

As a veteran of this forum, I trust that there are people who've had the same questions and experience and are able to help. I combed through Google, this forum, reddit, etc., but was not able to find any clear answers. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Saludos a tod@s,

I (current PR) am sponsoring my wife (Mexican) via the inland spousal sponsorship application. We have a few questions and doubts, hoping any kind souls who've had experience with this process can help out:

• Background: Under the Country specific requirements, it's noted as followed:
    • Mexico – Instruction(s) for documents
    • "Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)."
  • Questions:
    1. What are the documents that you need to get government-certified copies of?
      • Birth certificate and passport? Anything else?
    2. How did you do get the government-certified true copies from inside Canada?
      • Did you visit the local Mexican embassy?
      • Is the process different and separated for the birth certificate and the passport?
      • Please kindly outline a step-by-step process.
    3. If you had to return to Mexico to get these certified copies from the "issuing governmental authority", please kindly share the process.
My wife has her original birth certificate here with her in Canada along with her current passport. We were initially under the impression that we just had to get them translated by a certified translator, and include a photocopy of the original and the certified translated copy in the package. We later found out that the photocopy of the originals need to be <fancy-pants>government-certified true copies</fancy-pants> as stated above.

As a veteran of this forum, I trust that there are people who've had the same questions and experience and are able to help. I combed through Google, this forum, reddit, etc., but was not able to find any clear answers. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D
Hi @mapple007!
I don't know if you already sorted this out, but for the benefit of anyone who has the same questions as you posted, I'm going to answer them
:
1. In Mexico, all the birth certificates we are given (what we Mexicans call "originals") are in fact government-certified copies. In Mexico's civil registry system, there only exists one original birth certificate, and it's the one written in the civil registry books. So, no matter how many times you request a birth certificate, all of them are government-certified copies. If the birth certificate bears Mexico's coat of arms stamp, the document is good.

2. You can get a Mexican birth certificate in any Mexican embassy or consulate. I believe each consulate office has different procedures, so you should check the webpage of the closest Mexican consulate. And yes, both processes are different for birth certificates and passports.

3. It isn't necessary to go to Mexico to get the birth certificate, but I wonder if having a family member get the document and shipping it would be faster. Nowadays there are "ATMs" of the civil registry in the main cities of Mexico, and you can get a certified civil registry document instantly. I'm not aware how long it takes to get one through the embassy/consulate in comparison.

What your wife had, the "original", is what you needed to send to IRCC together with the translation and certified translation copy.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

• Love
Reactions: mapple007

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,

I applied to sponsor my spouse outland application, I received AOR on the 26AUG and SA on the 27AUG, they transferred my file to Mexico VO. It has now been one month since AOR and I have not gotten any medical request or background check started. Im just wondering is that normal? Anyone with past experience can tell me what is the usual processing time for Mexico City? Thanks

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Hello,

I applied to sponsor my spouse outland application, I received AOR on the 26AUG and SA on the 27AUG, they transferred my file to Mexico VO. It has now been one month since AOR and I have not gotten any medical request or background check started. Im just wondering is that normal? Anyone with past experience can tell me what is the usual processing time for Mexico City? Thanks
They ask for medical a bit later since it needs to remain valid for when they are approved and get their temp visa to land :)
When it comes its always a nice surprise. If you have provided your email, they will send you a request there and in ECAS.

and processing times varies, could be 6-10 mths, some 2 years! Depends on the case, the info provided, how busy they are etc.

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
They ask for medical a bit later since it needs to remain valid for when they are approved and get their temp visa to land :)
When it comes its always a nice surprise. If you have provided your email, they will send you a request there and in ECAS.

and processing times varies, could be 6-10 mths, some 2 years! Depends on the case, the info provided, how busy they are etc.
Ok thank you so much for the info

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I have another question....how can I send a scanned document to this VO? Is there an email or other way to send them a document?

Reactions: msb

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I have another question....how can I send a scanned document to this VO? Is there an email or other way to send them a document?
You can through ECAS, is it mexico?? I have their email: MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
You file must be there to use the email, they need applicant name, their location, date of birth and F#

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hello,

Lets keep posted here i sponsered my wife whose application was sent to mexico VO as well. June 21,2022 paper outland application, biometric submitted on sep2nd and since then no medical request or any other update. I heard mexico VO is really slow based on other group/thread comments.Lets hope they atelast try to speed up now as everything is back to normal.

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Lets keep posted here i sponsered my wife whose application was sent to mexico VO as well. June 21,2022 paper outland application, biometric submitted on sep2nd and since then no medical request or any other update. I heard mexico VO is really slow based on other group/thread comments.Lets hope they atelast try to speed up now as everything is back to normal.
Good idea! We will keep each other posted. I am also waiting for Medical, Background & eligibility. Biometrics was given back in 2019. Application submitted Online Outland on May 19th

Do you have any idea what the average time is for them to process it? Is it one year?