17-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015; Sponsor Approved-21-05-2015(emailed)AOR2 09-25-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 (received it Dec 21st as we had issues with DHL courrier)
LANDED..........
Scheduled for 02-05-2016
I'm here. We are still waiting for our passport to come back. We have had A LOT of headaches and my new thought is DO NOT USE DHL!!! They are horrible. When my husband initially went he went to La Romana, DR and they sent the passport and told him that he could not purchase a air waybill, but would have to go back once we got confirmation from Immigration that the passport was ready for pick up. Then once immigration told us the passport was ready and ready for pick up, he went back to La Romana DR to make the arrangments for pick. Once he got there they said they didn't offer that service at that location so he had to go to the capitol Santo Domingo and go to the DHL office there (this was 8 days ago). He went and filled out the necessary paperwork that we required for a "remote booking". This mean that DHL in Mexico was going to go to the embassy and pick up our passport and send it to Santo Domingo. In order for this to work, we had to email Immigration a copy of our paperwork showing that we had made the arrangements. WELL WE DID THAT AND.... Today we got an email saying that the paperwork we emailed only shows "a service confirmation" but not a airway bill. So annoyed. We contacted DHL and they seem very confused. I spoke to them in English, but now my husbands dealing with them. At this point DHL has emailed us looking for our information. What they are doing with it, I have no clue... I'm super frustrated as we KNOW he's approved and are literally waiting just for the passport to be in my husbands hands. I don't understand why its SO COMPLICATED!! For future DR applicants, I suggest they use UPS cause its seems a lot simpler. I wanted UPS but my husbanded is stubborn sometimes and figured DHL would be just as good. So far, it is taking a lot longer than it should have. Hopefully we will straighten it all out today/tomorrow and then KNOW that the passport is on its way back. Thank-god we weren't relying on him to be here for the holidays cause I'm skeptical that the passport will be in his hand before Christmas.

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
2worlds1love said:
I'm here. We are still waiting for our passport to come back. We have had A LOT of headaches and my new thought is DO NOT USE DHL!!! They are horrible. When my husband initially went he went to La Romana, DR and they sent the passport and told him that he could not purchase a air waybill, but would have to go back once we got confirmation from Immigration that the passport was ready for pick up. Then once immigration told us the passport was ready and ready for pick up, he went back to La Romana DR to make the arrangments for pick. Once he got there they said they didn't offer that service at that location so he had to go to the capitol Santo Domingo and go to the DHL office there (this was 8 days ago). He went and filled out the necessary paperwork that we required for a "remote booking". This mean that DHL in Mexico was going to go to the embassy and pick up our passport and send it to Santo Domingo. In order for this to work, we had to email Immigration a copy of our paperwork showing that we had made the arrangements. WELL WE DID THAT AND.... Today we got an email saying that the paperwork we emailed only shows "a service confirmation" but not a airway bill. So annoyed. We contacted DHL and they seem very confused. I spoke to them in English, but now my husbands dealing with them. At this point DHL has emailed us looking for our information. What they are doing with it, I have no clue... I'm super frustrated as we KNOW he's approved and are literally waiting just for the passport to be in my husbands hands. I don't understand why its SO COMPLICATED!! For future DR applicants, I suggest they use UPS cause its seems a lot simpler. I wanted UPS but my husbanded is stubborn sometimes and figured DHL would be just as good. So far, it is taking a lot longer than it should have. Hopefully we will straighten it all out today/tomorrow and then KNOW that the passport is on its way back. Thank-god we weren't relying on him to be here for the holidays cause I'm skeptical that the passport will be in his hand before Christmas.
2words1love!!

Sorry to hear that. Our case is similar..

It is so frustrating.. As mentioned on my previous posts, we couldn't find a courier that allows us to prepay the airway bill..So we had to email CIC asking what to do, but they took forever and I didn't want to wait so I technically forced the guy at DHL to send my passport.. I called the Embassy to ask what to do, and they only said to email CIC putting "URGENT!!" as subject, but they took forever to reply. Few days later, they replied saying we could go to an office that processes Visas in Venezuela to use their service to receive the passport back, but you won't believe, people at this office are so stubborn, even showing them my passport request and my emails communicating with CIC they refused to send MExico VO an email to tell them: "oh yes they paid for the passport send it here" so pathetic, I had to call immigration, emailed them 2 times saying to please contact that office in Venezuela because they were refusing to process the passport return, oh Lord what a PIA. Today, million days later (Got PPR Nov 18) I haven't received my passport back.. Called them today and they said it is still in transit.. Seriously? As Mexico is in another galaxy, why would it take so long to send the passport.. At this point, I just pray to God that I get it before Xmas..

Let's wait for the best..

Best of luck!

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
2worlds1love said:
that's awful! this has been a long journey for this poor little passport!
I hope it all get's straightened out very soon so you can both relax with passport in hand!
I would suggest for other Dominican applicants who need to send their passport, to use the VAC in Santo Domingo if they live close by. My husband received his passport in 8 days

nreilly

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015 AOR2 15-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
Oh no that's to bad. DHL sucks specially their customer service I went to Fedex and then went to DHL and i came back to Fedex just because the girl in fedex actuality took her timei to explain me how can I do it if they don't do airway bill..

Tinyaries I thought you send it from Toronto didn't you? That's why I recommend it to you fedex.. It got back to me with no problem within a week after the day they received it.

Hope you guys get the passport back soon!!

Tinyaries said:
2words1love!!

It is so frustrating.. As mentioned on my previous posts, we couldn't find a courier that allows us to prepay the airway bill..So we had to email CIC asking what to do, but they took forever and I didn't want to wait so I technically forced the guy at DHL to send my passport.. I called the Embassy to ask what to do, and they only said to email CIC putting "URGENT!!" as subject, but they took forever to reply. Few days later, they replied saying we could go to an office that processes Visas in Venezuela to use their service to receive the passport back, but you won't believe, people at this office are so stubborn, even showing them my passport request and my emails communicating with CIC they refused to send MExico VO an email to tell them: "oh yes they paid for the passport send it here" so pathetic, I had to call immigration, emailed them 2 times saying to please contact that office in Venezuela because they were refusing to process the passport return, oh Lord what a PIA. Today, million days later (Got PPR Nov 18) I haven't received my passport back.. Called them today and they said it is still in transit.. Seriously? As Mexico is in another galaxy, why would it take so long to send the passport.. At this point, I just pray to God that I get it before Xmas..

Best of luck!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Some good news here today. The MCVO activated our prepaid courier envelope at 3:47pm today. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

We have reconsidered our travel plans and it looks like we are flying to Calgary Sunday the 20th. Plans to surprise my mother by arriving at her house for Christmas! We had originally told her we may arrive by New Years if things go well.

Speedy Processing everyone!

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
CANzanillo said:
Some good news here today. The MCVO activated our prepaid courier envelope at 3:47pm today. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

We have reconsidered our travel plans and it looks like we are flying to Calgary Sunday the 20th. Plans to surprise my mother by arriving at her house for Christmas! We told her we may arrive by New Years if things go well.

Speedy Processing everyone!
Awesome that's great news.. Everything is going perfect.. Congrats

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Chrillan said:
Hi CANzanillo,

Can you or anyone else shed some light in the order of events for me. After the MVO start the process of our application - my understanding is they first go through your papers to make sure they have everything, we haven't received any document requests yet and they started the processing a month ago - can we assume they have the papers they need? When do they request the PGR? When do they inform us of any possible interview? In the past it seems the PGR has been requested almost at the same time as the AOR2 or no more than one month there after..? I know they have our medical and our payment so I'm hoping to get a PGR request before Christmas... am I hoping for too much? :eek:

By the way, are you guys packing yet? :) Super happy for you two!!

Speedy processing for everyone else!
Chrillan. I would say plan for 3 to 5 months more. It may be sooner but better to not set your expectations too high. Once your application is reviewed for completeness it goes through 4 stages of scrutiny. Eligibility, medicals, criminality and security. If you were to order your GMCS notes now I believe they would likely indicate that perhaps eligibility has been passed - maybe - I think it's a bit early to assume that they won't ask for more documentation. Does "Medicals Received" show up on your Ecas? If your application is considered "routine" then you may get PGR request by the end of this month. In our own timeline the time from PGR submission to PPR was just shy of 2 months, during which time I assumed they were doing criminality and security checks. As far as an interview is concerned it could come at any time, either now or forming part of the end of the process as was the case for LovelyComplex who had her interview on Nov 4th and visa issued same day. The thing is every application is different. Just looking at the spreadsheet, 300 total days seems like a pretty common timeframe for processing so maybe judge it by that. It could be sooner or longer. You are at 220 right now.

And yes! we are packing already and trying to tie up all the loose ends here. My wife is pretty much packed :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Tinyaries said:
2words1love!!

Best of luck!
It is horrible that you and 2worlds1love should have to go through this at this stage in the process. The MCVO it turning around the passports with visa in 4 days. No way you should be having to wait so long to get it back!

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hey guys! Today it's been a month since MCVO sent us a request to re do medicals, so the time is up! Hopefully ppr real soon! :p

csanti

Oct 15, 2015
Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015........AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015......SA approved on July 6th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2016
Hello everyone!
Congrats to all of you that are almost done with this horrible process!! Just a few more steps and you'll be in Canada!
Guys a have question. I decided I no longer want to be in a long distance relationship so I'll move to Canada, as a tourist, in February.
The thing is what happen if they ask me to re do medicals (mine expire on Feb 27th or around that date) or if they call me for an interview? I have doubts!! Chile is a bit far just to come back for those things!
What are your thoughts?
The other thing... I'm wondering if for visa-exempt countries they request the passport to stamp a visa or not?!
Right now I'm in process, no communication from MVO, similar to Chrillan situation I would say...
Thanks! Looking forward to read some comments!
Stay positive!!

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
nreilly said:
Oh no that's to bad. DHL sucks specially their customer service I went to Fedex and then went to DHL and i came back to Fedex just because the girl in fedex actuality took her timei to explain me how can I do it if they don't do airway bill..

Tinyaries I thought you send it from Toronto didn't you? That's why I recommend it to you fedex.. It got back to me with no problem within a week after the day they received it.

Hope you guys get the passport back soon!!
Good morning nreilly!

No, I sent my passport from Venezuela, Fedex did not want to send it, so I had no more option than DHL..
I can't believe the whole process went so smoothly and all this mess is happening at the very end..
We were even considering travelling to Mexico only to get my passport back, but to save time/money we agreed on using this VFS office in Venezuela.. Just checked and status is still "In transit" come on! I think this is another Mexico VO located in Neptune..
Just hope to get it back before Xmas, otherwise the plan for the holidays will fall apart..

Let's pray for the best!

I wish today or next week is full of PPRs for everybody!

All the best!

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
csanti said:
Hello everyone!
Congrats to all of you that are almost done with this horrible process!! Just a few more steps and you'll be in Canada!
Guys a have question. I decided I no longer want to be in a long distance relationship so I'll move to Canada, as a tourist, in February.
The thing is what happen if they ask me to re do medicals (mine expire on Feb 27th or around that date) or if they call me for an interview? I have doubts!! Chile is a bit far just to come back for those things!
What are your thoughts?
The other thing... I'm wondering if for visa-exempt countries they request the passport to stamp a visa or not?!
Right now I'm in process, no communication from MVO, similar to Chrillan situation I would say...
Thanks! Looking forward to read some comments!
Stay positive!!
Hello csanti!

When my husband got his medical request he was in Canada visiting, and his brother in Panama..
They both had to have their medical done, and they did them where they were. My husband had them done in Canada, his brother in Panama even with the application being made from Venezuela..So I guess no matter where you are, you just find a Panel Physician in that country, to have your medical done. As per the interview, my thoughts will be that you will have to travel to Mexico to get it done, hopefully it is waived as pretty much all 2015 cases so far..

Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

csanti

Oct 15, 2015
Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015........AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015......SA approved on July 6th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2016
Tinyaries said:
Hello csanti!

When my husband got his medical request he was in Canada visiting, and his brother in Panama..
They both had to have their medical done, and they did them where they were. My husband had them done in Canada, his brother in Panama even with the application being made from Venezuela..So I guess no matter where you are, you just find a Panel Physician in that country, to have your medical done. As per the interview, my thoughts will be that you will have to travel to Mexico to get it done, hopefully it is waived as pretty much all 2015 cases so far..

Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Thanks Tinyaries!!! Very useful information

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Fedex delivered my wife's passport and COPR docs 10 minutes ago!!! Everything seems to be in order! Booking flights now for Dec 20 arrival in Calgary!! God is indeed good! THANK YOU MCVO!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
CANzanillo said:
Fedex delivered my wife's passport and COPR docs 10 minutes ago!!! Everything seems to be in order! Booking flights now for Dec 20 arrive in Calgary!! God is indeed good! THANK YOU MCVO!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
OMG thats super awesome...CONGRATS.. How long was the wait..? 8 days?