+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

Hi Tarnen. We emailed the embassy and asked for an extension of time to get the FBI. We did not have a clue how long it would take so did not specify how long we needed. They emailed us back with a 90day extension. We submitted the FBI before the deadline expired. However, the embassy did not open our file again until after the 90 days elapsed. That's just an fyi to keep in mind when assessing how much of an extension you actually need.

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
that is great, and we don't need that long of a extention and knowing that they won't re-open the case until after the extention is over is helpful too. does anyone know the email address for the embassy so i can request this?

M

mrandmrsromero

mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Remember to include applicant's full name, file number and date of birth when sending any email to the embassy. Don't be surprised if you don't get a response for a couple of weeks. Good luck.

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
Hello guys!!! I have question everytime when VO request any document they give you a specific time, so my question is .. if i send my documents before that time they can see it and give an answer fast or they have to wait until this time expired to check my documents do you know how they work???

M

mrandmrsromero

I recommend always getting your documents in as early as possible no matter what the due date is so that if they do look at your file before the due date your file is up to date. In our case, we never hear anything before the due dates, BUT that may not be true for everyone else. Who knows?

Also...according to our GCMS notes whenever the embassy received documents from us the date seems to always be recorded.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tarnen said:
well, it was a long wait, but we have finally recieved our AOR however, now we have a new problem. The letter telling us to get our federal police report says we have 30 days from the date of the letter to get our report and give it to the embassy. This is a problem, we are both in Canada and getting a flight and getting everything organized in that time is well.... very hard. It takes 10 business days (so 14 real days) to get the federal report, which means we have only 13 days to get to Mexico City and get this started.
anyway... the point of my question is, Has anyone ever asked for a extention of time for this part? we don't need much extra time, just a couple extra weeks. has anyone done this? how?
Just send a fax or email telling that you require a 3 week extension and give the reason.

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Hello,

I been seriously thinking about using the services offer by the Mexican Embassy and their consulates to request the "Carta de antecedentes registrales"

My wife is here in Canada and this process will allow us to get the letter in advance using a "representative" to perform the request in Mexico.

The worse case escenario is that we will need to requet it again and there is a lot to gain!

Islenio

Mexican Embassy link (Spanish): http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=169&Itemid=41

M

mrandmrsromero

Islenio, please keep us posted on your progress if you decide to go that route. Interesting.

This prompts another question regarding our case: do you think we are we going to be asked to redo the Mexican police certificates in addition to the medical? (I'm assuming FBI won't be required seeing as my husband has not returned to the U.S. since the last report).

Does anyone have experience on the re-do situation thru Mexico? Would be interested to hear your timelines/experiences.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

How long are Police certs valid for until they have to be redone ?

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
Hi everyone,

How long are Police certs valid for until they have to be redone ?
You know, I thought at one point my hubby said the police certificates in Mexico were good for 6 months, but now I'm not sure whether I'm mixing that up with something else! I shall ask him to inquire and let you know.

Side note regarding our timeline: Embassy requested the updated IMM0008 form on August 15. CSIS received request for background check on August 16.

M

mrandmrsromero

Did you guys see this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/10/20/pol-kenney-immigration-cut-applications.html

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
mrandmrsromero said:
Did you guys see this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/10/20/pol-kenney-immigration-cut-applications.html
Kenney seems to be saying: The backlog in the Family Class applications queue is too great; too many people are being harmed by the wait. to fix it, we can't just process things faster, no, since there wil always be more people wanting to move to Canada. The only solution is to stop taking applications.

WTH? That's like saying a starving village shouldn't be fed because, well, they're just gonna get hungry again. What's the point?

Clearly the feds are determined to let fewer immigrants in, period.

M

mrandmrsromero

My husband called the DMP he saw for the first medical to ask about re-doing the exam before the embassy requests it. The doc said no problem, this is something that has been done through her office many times before. So we decided to set up an appoinment for the re-do in December. If by some miracle we have the PPR before then - great; if not then at least it will hopefully be one less delay to contend with later.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
My husband called the DMP he saw for the first medical to ask about re-doing the exam before the embassy requests it. The doc said no problem, this is something that has been done through her office many times before. So we decided to set up an appoinment for the re-do in December. If by some miracle we have the PPR before then - great; if not then at least it will hopefully be one less delay to contend with later.
I noticed that Morena from my February 2011 group had her medicals extended. She is Puerto Rican applying thru Buffalo…. So I guess I guess it can happen even to those applying outland.

“My application was approved on October 20. It was an outland application. My medicals were due on Sept. 23. They extended! It is possible!”

I do not know how much time they have given her to land......