+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

reginac said:
I've been noticing VO around the world are working very fast and people is getting their Visas in 3-4 months with no interview or any document request, (maybe just police record). I'm wondering if VO in Mexico is doing the same?????????????????????
The good news is that there have in fact been several people on this Mexico thread who received visas quickly -- like 6 months or less -- just go back and read some of the older posts for the backstory. Seems those with very straightforward cases were processed really fast, especially in the early part of this year.

The other side of the coin are situations like my husband and me. Our case is a little more complicated and we've had more than a few delays. We are now waiting out background/security checks to be completed which could be done any day now ... or not :-\ . Medicals have just expired and we are in a holding pattern . Going through a much longer wait than we expected. The bummer is, even though our process seems to be taking much longer than others on this thread, we are *still* considered within the average posted processing times! Nutty.

Getting a visa in 3 or 4 months with no interview or document request thru Mexico is not necessarily impossible; but I'm not sure I've seen any move that fast on this thread. I wish that had been the outcome for our file so I could give you a firsthand report LOL ::)

Let's face it, there is a reason for the "average" processing times posted for each country. All things being equal, for every fast approval, there is a slower one. It depends on individual merits of each case and the VO's caseload. Mexico is also now handling Haiti, so it remains to be seen what, if any, impact that will have on wait times.

Keep us posted on your timeline -- who knows -- maybe you'll be one of the fortunate ones with a fast approval story. Or not. Regardless, good luck!

M

mrandmrsromero

Oh dear god I just hit Hero Status. I don't know whether to be honoured or depressed. Perhaps it is just time to retire from the forum ??? LOL

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
@mrandmrsromero

You're right some pple in this thread got a Visa after 6-7 months, but reading other threads it seems like immigration is working very fast (maybe just in other countries), I've been reading people who got Visa in 2-3 months, others in 4-5 months, no interview, no police record, nothing...I hope we get news very soon and your case don't take any longer. Last time I applied inland and it took me 2 years to get an interview and another month to get a refusal letter =( my only wish is to have good news :D

and congratulations for your hero status, lol.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
mrandmrsromero said:
Oh dear god I just hit Hero Status. I don't know whether to be honoured or depressed. Perhaps it is just time to retire from the forum ??? LOL
All I can say is: If I was going through the process right now, your posts would be very helpful. Feel honoured!

M

mrandmrsromero

NAFTA.couple said:
All I can say is: If I was going through the process right now, your posts would be very helpful. Feel honoured!
Awww, thanks Nafta! <<hugs>> I figure whatever we experience along the way is bound to help others in some way if we share it -- I know I've learned a lot here reading about other people's adventures!!! Everyone's input is really helpful in getting through this waiting time. I keep telling myself "this is just a test; only a test..."

On another note: I just said to hell with it and booked a flight to Mexico to spend two weeks with my hubby over Christmas. If by some miracle the PPR comes in before then -- lovely, I shall simply bring my husband back with me and remember it as the best possible Christmas gift and the only one that matters ;D!!! And if that does not happen -- whatever, planning the trip gives us something to look forward to - in addition to the novelty of this being my first warm weather Christmas EVER. I do love firsts!

Happy thanksgiving weekend everyone!

M

mrandmrsromero

Hey guys. The medical has expired. Background checks are not yet completed. Should we go ahead and redo the medical to save some time or wait for the embassy to request it? We really just want to be proactive and try to avoid even further delays. What do you think?

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
Hey guys. The medical has expired. Background checks are not yet completed. Should we go ahead and redo the medical to save some time or wait for the embassy to request it? We really just want to be proactive and try to avoid even further delays. What do you think?
We were wondering what we will do if we are the same situation. (our Meds expire in a couple of months). From everything I have read (and some one please correct me if I am wrong) the only down side to doing the Meds before being requested is that you are out the cost of the meds if .....

A) they extend the validity of your Meds and new Meds are not required

or

B) your application is denied and therefore no new meds are required.......

I have also seen that it can take a couple of months for new meds to show up in the system once they are requested and done. So if you do have them done before being requested they will be in the system and ready for CIC and hopefully you can save a couple of months waiting......

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
mrandmrsromero said:
I think it's safe to assume that, despite the delays, it won't be another year for you, so might as well get it done before they ask for it. In fact, they may not even have to ask for it if it gets there before they're done with whatever the hell else they're doing. So yeah, I think it could save some time, weeks even.

M

mrandmrsromero

Thanks for the input. I think its worth it to redo the meds now and get it over with. For me, the peace of mind of having it done is worth the possible risk of losing the fees in the end. My husband, on the other hand, feels that given our history so far, if we redo the meds before they ask, there will inevitably be a screw up somewhere and they will get lost or whatever. I can't say I blame him for being pessimistic at this point! So our compromise at the moment is that if we have not yet heard anything from the embassy by the time I arrive in Mexico for Christmas, we will go ahead and redo the meds while I'm visiting.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
I can't believe you are still waiting! I really hope this is over soon for you guys.
The time between re-doing the medicals after being requested and getting the passport request was a little less than 2 months for us - April 7 to June 1st but the police certificate was submitted late April, so that may have delayed it, too. The re-do form comes with some of the pictures you sent in with the application and it has a medical number (IME no. - 8 digits). Maybe you can get that number from the GCMS (or whatever it is called now) notes you have. The form they send has a barcode on it though, probably helping to match it up with your file.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
I can't believe you are still waiting! I really hope this is over soon for you guys.
The time between re-doing the medicals after being requested and getting the passport request was a little less than 2 months for us - April 7 to June 1st but the police certificate was submitted late April, so that may have delayed it, too. The re-do form comes with some of the pictures you sent in with the application and it has a medical number (IME no. - 8 digits). Maybe you can get that number from the GCMS (or whatever it is called now) notes you have. The form they send has a barcode on it though, probably helping to match it up with your file.
This is helpful info, thanks! Did you get the re-do request by post or email? How long after your meds expired did you receive the re-do request? I have a copy of the signed report from the first medical with a number MD XX XXX XXX and a barcode underneath. Does this sound like the number that will be used to match it up?

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
mrandmrsromero said:
This is helpful info, thanks! Did you get the re-do request by post or email? How long after your meds expired did you receive the re-do request? I have a copy of the signed report from the first medical with a number MD XX XXX XXX and a barcode underneath. Does this sound like the number that will be used to match it up?
The re-do was by mail, it had pictures attached and one of the pictures was stamped with the Embassy name. We never did meds specifically for the PR application before sending it, we took the risk that the meds he had to do for his Visitor Record extension would suffice (that would be a do-over if we could go back in time). The number on the form we have has IME no. before it and is 8 digits long, starts with a 1, if that helps. I think the number you are referring to is probably the doctor's number or code.

M

mrandmrsromero

La_Ardilla said:
The re-do was by mail, it had pictures attached and one of the pictures was stamped with the Embassy name. We never did meds specifically for the PR application before sending it, we took the risk that the meds he had to do for his Visitor Record extension would suffice (that would be a do-over if we could go back in time). The number on the form we have has IME no. before it and is 8 digits long, starts with a 1, if that helps. I think the number you are referring to is probably the doctor's number or code.
I will look at the GCMS tonight to see if I can find the IME No. Thanks for the tips!!!

Well guys, keep your fingers crossed that the mystery "third party" doing background checks gets this thing done sometime before my hair turns grey!

M

mrandmrsromero

The mystery third party is officially no longer a mystery. Received a two-page response from CSIS in the mail tonight saying our file was forwarded to them for screening investigation on August 16 and is currently in process. Although generic in nature the letter did explain that automatic checks are initially done and if any anomolies appear, then those are investigated manually; which does not mean the applicant is necessarily a security concern, but the anomaly must be analyzed for clearance before a case can be concluded. Of course, there are no guarantees how long said clearance might take.

I would hazard a guess that this happens often to rule out flags in similar name/date of birth situations, etc. In any event, at least now we (sort of) have an idea where our application is.

Translation: The waiting game continues.

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
well, it was a long wait, but we have finally recieved our AOR however, now we have a new problem. The letter telling us to get our federal police report says we have 30 days from the date of the letter to get our report and give it to the embassy. This is a problem, we are both in Canada and getting a flight and getting everything organized in that time is well.... very hard. It takes 10 business days (so 14 real days) to get the federal report, which means we have only 13 days to get to Mexico City and get this started.
anyway... the point of my question is, Has anyone ever asked for a extention of time for this part? we don't need much extra time, just a couple extra weeks. has anyone done this? how?