Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
canexican said:
Hi! Today I received great news from the embassy as I got my passport request. Now, I knew that this step is part of the normal process for everyone but I don't know if I have to go through it. I've been living in Canada for a while and chose to issue my permanent residence in Mexico instead of Canada. I have a legal status in Canada and a multiple entry visa for the next couple of years. Do I still have to go through this process? Thanks a lot to everyone and I will post my timeline once the whole process is done. Good luck!
I'm pretty sure that you do. You will still have to land as a PR officially and you need the landing visa that they put in your passport to do that.

DesiPTY

Apr 9, 2014
Panama
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3
Doc's Request.
Birth Certificate - May 12
AOR Received.
May 12
File Transfer...
March 25
Med's Done....
January 23
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
June 2
I received my AOR on May 12th and a letter requesting my birth certificate with the translation, I sent it the next day and they should be receiving it today or tomorrow. Im pretty excited I feel its been pretty fast. I sent my application on March 3rd.
Can´t wait to live with my hubby !! :D :-*

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
Chauncey said:
Anyone have an answer to my second question ^^ :)
Hi! I got a request for additional paperwork and for the PRF payment and it said the same thing (send everything together) but since one was emailed and the other mailed, I sent them separate and had no problems.

canexican

May 13, 2014
agarand8 said:
I'm pretty sure that you do. You will still have to land as a PR officially and you need the landing visa that they put in your passport to do that.
Thanks a lot! I got confused there for a bit but my passport has been sent! Hopefully I will get it back soon as I was planning on travelling during the summer. I've read that for most people it takes two weeks and that's also what it is said on the letter. What's people experience with the passport return?

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
We picked up my wife´s visa etc today! So that´s just under a year from start to finish. Her interview was waived and for the ARC we just had to pay the fee! Was as smooth as we could hope for. Visa is valid until mid November so we have plenty of time to gather funds for the flights and my fee for being in Mexico so long.. sigh...

And I didn´t the sponsorship myself, no lawyers! So it can be done, for those of you who cannot afford a lawyer. Just be thorough, check everything 3 times and make sure you get the docs they need in the time they need them.

Anyways, good luck everyone still doing the waiting game! Keep your head up!

DesiPTY

Apr 9, 2014
Panama
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3
Doc's Request.
Birth Certificate - May 12
AOR Received.
May 12
File Transfer...
March 25
Med's Done....
January 23
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
June 2
ZaCormyr said:
We picked up my wife´s visa etc today! So that´s just under a year from start to finish. Her interview was waived and for the ARC we just had to pay the fee! Was as smooth as we could hope for. Visa is valid until mid November so we have plenty of time to gather funds for the flights and my fee for being in Mexico so long.. sigh...

And I didn´t the sponsorship myself, no lawyers! So it can be done, for those of you who cannot afford a lawyer. Just be thorough, check everything 3 times and make sure you get the docs they need in the time they need them.

Anyways, good luck everyone still doing the waiting game! Keep your head up!
Those are very good news!! Congrats! My husband and I did everything also with no lawyers, hopefuly we will be together soon. :)

kikifranco28

May 19, 2014
I have a question for cicconfused. My husband was recently asked to send his passport to Mexico from el Salvador along with a prepaid airway bill. We have been trying to find an international courier that offers this service here in el Salvador with no luck. I read you recently got your passport back, maybe you would be able to tell me how you went about this. Or if anyone else could offer any advice would be appreciated.

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
kikifranco28 said:
I have a question for cicconfused. My husband was recently asked to send his passport to Mexico from el Salvador along with a prepaid airway bill. We have been trying to find an international courier that offers this service here in el Salvador with no luck. I read you recently got your passport back, maybe you would be able to tell me how you went about this. Or if anyone else could offer any advice would be appreciated.
Hello there, I would recommend UPS, that´s what I used here in Guatemala City. You can use this link to find a point of service near you: https://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en_SV&WT.svl=PriNav.

I started with DHL but then switched to UPS, I emailed the embassy a scanned copy of the airway bill and my passport got back to me with no problems, so I would say UPS is the way to go if possible.

kikifranco28

May 19, 2014
guanada said:
Hello there, I would recommend UPS, that´s what I used here in Guatemala City. You can use this link to find a point of service near you.

I started with DHL but then switched to UPS, I emailed the embassy a scanned copy of the airway bill and my passport got back to me with no problems, so I would say UPS is the way to go if possible.
I went to DHL but they just told me that they don't offer that service here in El Salvador , neither Fedex,EMS,etc. UPS said they have a similar service, which the cs agent called "guia de importacion", it is not the same but similar he said, so far it seems to be our only option, but that is why I wondered if anyone from El Salvador had the same issue and used that UPS service.

ann75

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/2014
Doc's Request.
With application
Nomination.....
PER March 04 2014
AOR Received.
AOR May 06 2014
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
Process Started on June 12 2014
Med's Request
Aug 25 2014
Med's Done....
September 02 2014
Interview........
RPRF asked on june 13
Passport Req..
October 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 17 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
hello I am a federal skilled worker 2013 applicant, does anybody here knows more about other applicants in this program who have Mexico as visa office? I see reading all this threads that Mexico visa office is kind of complicated, I hope they speed up on my process soon......best luck to all on this thread :D

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
DesiPTY said:
Those are very good news!! Congrats! My husband and I did everything also with no lawyers, hopefuly we will be together soon. :)
Just keep positive and try not to think about the time too much. Good luck!

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
ann75 said:
hello I am a federal skilled worker 2013 applicant, does anybody here knows more about other applicants in this program who have Mexico as visa office? I see reading all this threads that Mexico visa office is kind of complicated, I hope they speed up on my process soon......best luck to all on this thread :D
This section is for family class sponsorship. Should check this section:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hello my friends! Hope u are fine! My husband and me are so happy! ;D

Our Time Line:

Visa Office.....: Mexico
Med's Done....: 26-07-2013
App. Filed......: 10-10-2013
File Transfer...: 14-11-2013 Sponsorship Approval
AOR Received.: 10-12-2013
CSQ: Send.....: 24-12-13
Credit Charged for the CSQ: 08-01-14
CSQ:17-01-14 ( and I new it until today! I didn't receive the letter. My husband call to MICC and asked for the CSQ
I send the copy of the CSQ and my PGR document to the embassy: 26-01-14
Passport Request: 17-02-14 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Landing: 10-May-2014 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks a lot my friends! Love u so much! Bisous!

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
kikifranco28 said:
Sorry, I wasn't really online these last couple of days. I sent you a pm, but the short answer is UPS.

C.sanz

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all :) for passport request and/or interview is it done mostly by letter or email ? Is it ever done by phone call ? Just curious because I'm in Mexico with my hubby and my phone data is off which means the numbers don't show up when people call. Im scared I'm going to miss an important call and not know who it is.