Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
E5TH3R said:
Hi there, my husband will be applying in the next month for permanent residence, but I am expecting our first child in August and will be delivering in Mexico. Does anyone know if we need to add our child to the application, or at least inform them, when he/she is born? I was born in Canada, so our child will also be canadian.
The child shouldn't be on the application unless you apply after they are born. When it is born you can send an email announcing the birth to CIC. Because the baby is Canadian I don't think they'll want more than it's name and date of birth but if they do then they will request it.

Congratulations! I'm pregnant as well, due in July. :) my baby will also be Canadian and I didn't include her on the application. It does say more than once within the application that I am pregnant though. I made sure that they knew.

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
Finally got my passport back and the CPR documents!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys have any idea how detailed the list required to import your belongings have to be?

Reason I ask is because my field of work is automotive service and I will be bringing a 'few' hand tools and what not, do I have to
itemize every single socket and wrench?

What about clothing, how detailed does it have to be?

Thanks a lot for all your help and guidance that you have provided, and good luck to everybody waiting on their paperwork.

cmartin

Jan 7, 2014
simple_guy said:

Do you guys have any idea how detailed the list required to import your belongings have to be?

Reason I ask is because my field of work is automotive service and I will be bringing a 'few' hand tools and what not, do I have to

Thanks a lot for all your help and guidance that you have provided, and good luck to everybody waiting on their paperwork.
Hi, how many time it took to got back the passport?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
simple_guy said:

I don't think you have to declare clothing unless maybe if it's coming later. I think unless you had some items with a higher value you could just write "clothing" and them estimate the total value of it. "small tools" and estimate the total value. but then if you have specific things like a generator or an expensive drill or cowboy boots worth $500 or something, you should list that separately. I can't imagine they'd want a 5 page list of every hammer and screwdriver you're bringing, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

simple_guy

Mar 28, 2014
agarand8 said:
I don't think you have to declare clothing unless maybe if it's coming later. I think unless you had some items with a higher value you could just write "clothing" and them estimate the total value of it. "small tools" and estimate the total value. but then if you have specific things like a generator or an expensive drill or cowboy boots worth $500 or something, you should list that separately. I can't imagine they'd want a 5 page list of every hammer and screwdriver you're bringing, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope you're right about not having to make a long arse list, I think I will just itemize the tools that are expensive. If any one knows different or better I'd love to hear it.
Thanks all.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
cmartin said:
Hi, how many time it took to got back the passport?
18 days

E5TH3R

Apr 22, 2014
agarand8 said:
The child shouldn't be on the application unless you apply after they are born. When it is born you can send an email announcing the birth to CIC. Because the baby is Canadian I don't think they'll want more than it's name and date of birth but if they do then they will request it.

Congratulations! I'm pregnant as well, due in July. :) my baby will also be Canadian and I didn't include her on the application. It does say more than once within the application that I am pregnant though. I made sure that they knew.

Fabulous, thank you SO much!! Congratulations to you too :)

Nell1236

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 3, 2013
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
simple_guy said:
I hope you're right about not having to make a long arse list, I think I will just itemize the tools that are expensive. If any one knows different or better I'd love to hear it.
Thanks all.
When I came through customs in January I had a list of goods to follow ready, and the customs woman kept asking me if that was everything because I could be charged duty for whatever is not on the list. I think you do have to make "a long-arse list", whether you're a returning resident or a new settler.

This week I am going to the airport to clear our stuff through customs and will find out if it was sufficient to lump small items together (like kitchen utensils). You should specify more expensive items like drills and such things should also have serial numbers.

zimbub

Sep 25, 2013
Hi everyone, I think our case is in a state of emergency.

My mexican husband recieved his police record from the "PGR" and on it is some kind of register that we are told it is some kind of minor thing but we don't know what it is. and the PGR said they do not know what it is and he would have to find the police station where the incident was (anytime in 12 years) and ask them to find out.

He could only remember an incident 8-9 years ago - where he had been taken in and questioned about marijuana they claimed to have found in his surroundings. (The cop said he found a joint on a bench near a place in the park where my husband was excercising - and then asked for money to avoid further problems. When my husband said he had no money, the cop took him to the station and fingerprinted him and tried to get him to admit it was his marijuana, but never once would he admit it. He called his dad and his brother, who is a lawyer, and they paid the police some money, and my husband was allowed to leave.

So now when this thing showed up in my husbands record, the visa office emailed him and asked to know what it is. They want the full details from the police explaining what the charge and/or conviction was.

They gave my husband 30 days to get it or the visa application we have worked so hard on for so long, will be automatically refused.

The next day my husband went to the PGR and thats when they said they didn't know!
And told him to go to the police station where it happened.
He went to the station where that thing happened, and they said it would take a long time to get it, IF he could even get it! Someone said he might not be allowed to have it since he was the "accused" in the situation.

He has gone there 5 times over the past 3 weeks, and been told the same. That if he can get it, its in the archives and will take several weeks.

May 8th is the 30th day..........and now we have a new problem: The visa office told my husband on friday that they are now open fridays only. That means even if he gets it at the last minute, and tries to bring it in on day 30, they will be closed.

1. How can they close the doors to him when his 30 days are not even up?

2. And how can he get around this problem of the police not wanting to help him, and in a timely manner?

3. And if nothing else, couldn't the visa extend this time? We sent a short letter asking for more time, but the lady at the desk just took it and put it in the file. We don't know if it gets given to the officer the day its brought in, or just shoved in the file to be looked at when its convenient.

4. And what is with this friday thing?

5. If the office is now only open fridays, does that mean the officer wont see it till may 2nd, when it might be too late? Undecided

I have an anxiety disorder with ptsd, and this situation is not helping. I have heart palpitations, and the saddest part of it all is that my kids suffer when I go through all this. Please I hope someone can help me out. We just want this nightmare over with, so my family can be stable

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
Good news for us, the wheels are in motion, received the AOR on Friday with instructions on how to send a DHL pre-paid airway bill to the embassy so they can send us instructions on how to get the PGR. Seems a little odd but nonetheless glad things are getting going.

I had two detail questions that hopefully someone can help me with :)

1) My wife is in Mexico City and the embassy wants her to send them a pre-paid airway bill with her name, birthdate, file number... so does she go to DHL get this pre-paid airway bill, and then hand deliver it to the embassy, and do the people at DHL know how to do this?

Edit: I'm not too technologically advanced (to say the least) but if there is a way to do the DHL pre-paid airway bill through the internet that would be a priority, if possible.

Double edit: Could she just go into the embassy herself to pick up the letter that she needs in order to get the PGR?

2) The embassy is also requesting the payment for the right of permanent residence fee receipt which I need to pay. They want me to send an email with a copy of the receipt to two email addresses. Fine, no problem. But at the bottom of the letter it says "to avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time" - this part confuses me, or I'm over complicating it. So if I pay for the PR fee right now, do I wait to email them until we get the PGR from the Police? Or how does that work exactly??

Thanks for any help :)

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
cmartin said:
Somebody else is waiting the passeport return? We are waiting since April 16 and we start to be impatien!! :)
I sent my passport around the same time and still waiting as well. Did you send it with a courier company? You can check the waybill tracking number to see when it was received and if it has been sent. I used DHL but they didn´t exactly have a prepaid airway bill avaible here in Guatemala, so they asked me for contact info for the embassy and said they could do receiver paid pick up, hoping that it´s not going to cause me trouble, I don´t even know if they´ll be able to contact the embassy.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
guanada said:
I sent my passport around the same time and still waiting as well. Did you send it with a courier company? You can check the waybill tracking number to see when it was received and if it has been sent. I used DHL but they didn´t exactly have a prepaid airway bill avaible here in Guatemala, so they asked me for contact info for the embassy and said they could do receiver paid pick up, hoping that it´s not going to cause me trouble, I don´t even know if they´ll be able to contact the embassy.
Yikes. Almost sounds like it would be easier to take a bus there to pick it up.

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
agarand8 said:
Yikes. Almost sounds like it would be easier to take a bus there to pick it up.
I probably would if I had my passport haha. I contacted the embassy beforehand to warn them and they said that they do accept that method and it should be fine but I´m still nervous about it, I might contact them again and try to make different arrangements. Almost over, but not quite.