+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

Just received CAIPS/GCMS by email (30 Pages!!!) dated June 30. Basically confirmed our collective guesswork. The notes in a nutshell:

* satisfied relationship is bona fide
* criminality: passed
* medicals: passed
* security clearance: processing

The most recent request from the embassy came in July so not noted in report.

So looks like we are good to go. Even though nothing really new was revealed, it is actually comforting to see the IO's notes and that we are moving along. I shall remain optimistic that this is The Month.

By the way: fear not the big DF. I LOVE MEXICO CITY! :D

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news that there were no bad surprises in your CAIPS/GCMS notes! It won’t be long now.

The DF is a great city, and a lot of fun. Unfortunately now it is more and more dangerous to get there because of the buses from other cites being hijacked and robbed on the way to DF. There was another bus incident just this morning and 2 people were killed. Also since Mexicana De Aviación stopped flying due to bankruptcy filing it is more expensive to fly there.

On the bright side at least we do not have to go to CD Juarez that is where the USA processes all of their spousal (K-visa) PR applications.

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys, Last week I received an email from CIC letting me know they mailed me a package with instructions on how to get the mexican police certificate and my understanding is that it is the PGR one and Im aware that it is only issued in mexico city but due to some personal circumstances would be difficult for me to travel twice to mexico city to get such report. A while ago someone posted this link: http://www.antecedentes.com.mx/constancias/index.htm in wich they offer the servive of helping you to get the report, you mail them what is needed and they help you, the cost is 300.00dlls but in my case considering that I dont have any relatives in DF to help me and I have to travel to get it plus buses, taxis, ect. the cost would be the same or almost the same, so I am seriously considering the option of doing it through them, BUT I´d like to know if you or someone you know have use the services provided on that website because it could be a scam..... I hope someone can provide me a good advice
thanks for your time

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Sillymemo Congratulations on receiving your AOR. I could not get your link for the antecedents to work.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Hi All,
I applied for a TRV through Mexico City July.6th. I just checked "The VAC" and it says:

Your current application status is Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant

If you have the DHL Air Way Bill number, you may track the status of your package by logging onto the DHL website, http://www.dhl.com.mx.

Do they really not say if I am approved or not? I have to wait until I get the application back to find out? Or is there somewhere else I can look to see if I've been approved?

I see all of you who have applied for PR are receiving emails so I am super worried :(.

Thanks

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
Hi All,
I applied for a TRV through Mexico City July.6th. I just checked "The VAC" and it says:

Your current application status is Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant

If you have the DHL Air Way Bill number, you may track the status of your package by logging onto the DHL website, http://www.dhl.com.mx.

Do they really not say if I am approved or not? I have to wait until I get the application back to find out? Or is there somewhere else I can look to see if I've been approved?

I see all of you who have applied for PR are receiving emails so I am super worried :(.

Thanks
Yes you have to wait until you receive the package and rip it open to see if the visa is in the passport

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
oh my gosh, this wait is unbearable lol. I thought using VAC would tell me the result. Either we are so far from being accepted cuz they didnt even call us in for an interview, or we really convinced them and got it lol. still 50/50 :(

Fingers are crosssssssssssed

Thanks!! :)

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Huron

here's the link agan:

http://www.antecedentes.com.mx/constancias/index.htm

hope u can open it now

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:
@ Huron

here's the link agan:

http://www.antecedentes.com.mx/constancias/index.htm

hope u can open it now
Thanks but no I could not load it in IE or Fire Fox it says the web page cannot be found. ( I was able to find a cached version though)

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
My ECAS its been update in process since july 15, medicals received :D

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Im Getting everything ready to get the antecedentes registrales as soon as I get the letter, somebody now how to get the form SAT -5 to pay the fees? Thanks so much,

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ wooeraCongrats on being "in progress" My Ecas still says received.....
You used to be able to buy a SAT5 form at any paperleria I am not sure any more since I have not bought any lately

Anyone else with an update ?

@ cuenca_perez did your letter arrive yet from the embassy?
@ dattad did you get your aor?

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know what´s email address for the canadian embasy in Mex City. I got an email asking me to email them a copy of proof of payment of permanent residence fee but I am unsure what email address should I send it.
If someone knows please let me know as well if you receive like an uutomatic auto reply when you send the email.

thank you

M

mrandmrsromero

Embassy email:

mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I suggest sending a new email to this address rather than hitting "reply" so that you get the automatic confirmation of receipt. I found out the hard way that things sometimes "get lost" when you use reply rather than starting a new email to the embassy.

Good luck!

p.s. always quote applicant's last name and file number in the subject line.

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
On the bright side at least we do not have to go to CD Juarez that is where the USA processes all of their spousal (K-visa) PR applications.
So, so true. When we were scrambling trying to figure out fingerprinting for the FBI report we were initially told he had to go to US embassy in CD Juarez! We freaked. Then the office there completely closed down! OMG - now THAT was stress. Actually, I feel pretty calm these days in comparison to that bit of drama. ???