+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well like I said I am not sure what to say. On one hand I feel terrible for the people of Haiti and am glad that Canada is in a position to help. After tragedies like the earth quake in Haiti, it makes one thankful for the people and things they have in their life.

On the other hand I can see the processing times creeping up. I remember not too long ago the processing time was around 6 to 11 months…… it is now stating 15 months. (However that is only how long it took applications in the past year, and not representative of how long it is currently taking… so who really knows how long it will take now. Before people got AOR fairly quickly and on the embassy web site it still says 15 days on one page and 45 days on another but there seems to be very few AORs since January, (I have not found any :'()

Who knows maybe they are transferring personal from Haiti to Mexico City to handle these cases. (Conditions are too rough on Canadian IOs in Haiti so they are relocating to Mexico City?)

One thing seems certain and that is that the processing time seems to be getting longer. I guess it really doesn’t matter if it is because of the Mennonite situation, Haiti, or more family class applications, all we can do is wait. (And maybe apply for and get a TRV and wait in Canada)

@wooera, I sure hope it does not go to 25 months……. Did you ever hear back from the Embassy on the inquiry you sent for your AOR?

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
@Huron : not at all! nothing!!

M

mrandmrsromero

@ Huron. I am with you. It puts things into perspective to think of what these poor people in Haiti are going through. At the same time processing times are clearly increasing; and having no responses from the embassy is an uneasy feeling for everyone waiting. Nothing to do now except hang in there and hope for the best for everyone. We'll all get there, sooner or later.

lovekitten

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
guess i'm on both sides with this one. i'm sponsoring my mexican boyfriend, but i'm actually haitian :) my parents, sisters and i went to haiti last year in may after the earthquake to help (i was four months pregnant!) and my parents adopted a little girl from haiti as well - she arrived in canada just in january. you will not understand the desperation that exists until you see it firsthand.

i miss my boyfriend. so much so that the words "i miss him" seem ridiculous - what an understatement! it breaks my heart that he missed the birth of our son, i pray to God that he makes it in time for his first birthday, but i understand that my situation, lonely and sad as it may be, is not life threatening or desperate, and what i'm going through pales in comparison to what the people of haiti are going through every single day. we just want to have a better life. these people just want to live. i will live with whatever delays might come, and i'll cry about it some days, and be angry about it most days probably, but i hope that something inside of me will just keep reminding me to count my blessings.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
lovekitten said:
guess i'm on both sides with this one. i'm sponsoring my mexican boyfriend, but i'm actually haitian :) my parents, sisters and i went to haiti last year in may after the earthquake to help (i was four months pregnant!) and my parents adopted a little girl from haiti as well - she arrived in canada just in january. you will not understand the desperation that exists until you see it firsthand.

i miss my boyfriend. so much so that the words "i miss him" seem ridiculous - what an understatement! it breaks my heart that he missed the birth of our son, i pray to God that he makes it in time for his first birthday, but i understand that my situation, lonely and sad as it may be, is not life threatening or desperate, and what i'm going through pales in comparison to what the people of haiti are going through every single day. we just want to have a better life. these people just want to live. i will live with whatever delays might come, and i'll cry about it some days, and be angry about it most days probably, but i hope that something inside of me will just keep reminding me to count my blessings.
Well said! I feel for you, that would be so hard to be away from your boyfriend especially being pregnant and then having the baby without him. I did that for over a year with my boyfirend who is mexican also. I lived in Canada, he lived in Mexico. I finally gave up and moved to Mexico in April this year as it was too hard all the back and forth and phone calls.

Goodluck to you!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wooera I have not heard anything either. I will of course post any update here. I do think we are in for a long wait. (Ceuenca Perez and Dattad from March still do not have any news or AORs yet and their apps arrived at the VO over 100 days ago) Maybe we should plan for next spring/summer that will be 15 months and it will be easier to get adjusted when it’s warm there and raining here.

@ Lovekitten Thanks for posting your story. It is interesting that you really can see both sides first hand. Like I said I am glad Canada is in a position to help Haiti and make me proud of Canada…..(I do wish they would have sent the files to Buffalo or London or New Delhi, or somewhere with a shorter processing time…….. for the Haitians sake of course).

@ Itscozy so how do you like Mexico so far?

M

mrandmrsromero

@ lovekitten: I can't even imagine the devastation Haiti is dealing with. It must have been overwhelming to see firsthand. I am glad that Canada is in a position to help as many people as possible.

@ itscozy: I've thought about joining my husband in Mexico many times during this journey and still have not ruled it out! It is great that at least now you are together waiting it out.

@ Huron: I think your earlier comment about dealing with the longer wait times by going for TRVs is absolutely the best option to get through the separation. Every moment together helps!

Have a great weekend everybody, and best wishes to all!

lovekitten

Jun 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2010
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Omgoodness gracious! Since we got our letter asking for the RPRF, we just RAN with the assumption that we wouldn't be waiting long. He was asleep this morning (as he is most mornings - he works a 2-11pm shift at the Mexico City airport duty free) so rather than wake him up, I just logged into his email to see if I could find his resume in there to start sending out for him. And then I see an email address that always makes my heart race ...

re-mexico-im-enquiry

We got our passport request :) His visa will be issued. If he goes there in person before 10:30am on Monday, he'll be able to pick his visa up at 3:00pm the same day! ;D

SO HAPPY !!!

cuenca_perez

Sep 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Hi guys, today I finall got an email from the embassy, I guess is the AOR, it just says that they are proccesign my application and that they might need further documentation that will be send by mail and stuff like that, nothing really new but I guess is a good sign that things are moving.

How long do you guys thing is gonna take for the next step?

Thanks, cheers!

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
THAT´S AWSOME SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!! =) FINALLY WE HEAR THEY ARE MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOO HAPPY FOR ALL HOPEFULLY THE REST WE CAN HAVE SOME NEWS SOON!!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cuenca_perez said:
Hi guys, today I finall got an email from the embassy, I guess is the AOR, it just says that they are proccesign my application and that they might need further documentation that will be send by mail and stuff like that, nothing really new but I guess is a good sign that things are moving.

How long do you guys thing is gonna take for the next step?

Thanks, cheers!
Great news

From what I have read on line it can take up to 60 days to actually receive the SEPOMEX mail from the embassy with the information on the “further documentation” (Antecedentes Registrales or federal police report). You would then need to obtain the report and any other documentation they require and submit it to the Embassy and wait.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovekitten said:
re-mexico-im-enquiry

We got our passport request :) His visa will be issued. If he goes there in person before 10:30am on Monday, he'll be able to pick his visa up at 3:00pm the same day! ;D

SO HAPPY !!!
Great news congratulations!!

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
@mrandmrsromero SEPOMEX is the regular mail for MEXICO same as CANADA POST for Canada, and how Huron says can take maybe 60 days , but usually in the forum everybody get it within 2 weeks or sometimes less, all depend of the season, like aroun christmas NEVER HOPE to get something from SEPOMEX on time