+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

edgarsitow said:
Almost 6 weeks since I handed in my ARC. I'm thankful for gyms, videogames and beer. Otherwise I would've blown my brains out already.
I could pretty much say the same except I'm highly allergic to gyms, videogames, beer and well ... guns. However, wine and yoga (in no particular order) have proven to be rather therapeutic. :)

Hope you hear something soon.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Does anyone know if the medicals have gotten lost along the way :-[ if the doctors office could just resend the results again to CIC Ottawa rather than us paying for the medicals again ? It might save a lot of money/time/waiting.. Trying to be proactive.. lol.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
I just got the letter from the embassy asking for the PGR. Does anyone know how do I pay for the process? do I just show up at any bank and say I need to pay for it?

OhCanadiana can you elaborate more on how to pay for the RPRF? Do I have to pay with a certified cheque? They´re also asking me to email a copie of the receipt to both offices, in Mississauga and Mexico city...do I also send the original receipt to the embassy when i send the other documents?

I feel I´m getting so close now!!

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
edgarsitow said:
Almost 6 weeks since I handed in my ARC. I'm thankful for gyms, videogames and beer. Otherwise I would've blown my brains out already.

Lol Edgar!! We just hit 5 weeks since we sent in the PGR :(
I hope we both hear someting next week!!!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Does anyone know if the medicals have gotten lost along the way :-[ if the doctors office could just resend the results again to CIC Ottawa rather than us paying for the medicals again ? It might save a lot of money/time/waiting.. Trying to be proactive.. lol.
It probably depends on whether the physician still has a copy of all the results (e.g., whether x-ray was done electronically or on film). You may find this section of the DMP Handbook handy:

"5.3 Guidelines for Records Management

DMPs should be aware that the forms, documents and results of investigations required for the completion of the IME are the property of CIC. DMPs may be required to maintain their own copies and records in accordance with local regulatory and licensing requirements. All documents and information related to the individual applicant’s IME should be forwarded to the responsible regional medical office. Immigration medical forms and information should be transmitted by post or commercial courier, and should never be given to the applicant or their representatives for delivery to the regional medical office. DMPs should never provide copies of immigration medical forms to applicants or their representatives.

When documents are sent by courier, the DMP should retain tracking numbers for the shipment for six months. These numbers can assist in the tracing of lost or misplaced records."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/section-5.asp

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eduram said:
I just got the letter from the embassy asking for the PGR. Does anyone know how do I pay for the process? do I just show up at any bank and say I need to pay for it?

OhCanadiana can you elaborate more on how to pay for the RPRF? Do I have to pay with a certified cheque? They´re also asking me to email a copie of the receipt to both offices, in Mississauga and Mexico city...do I also send the original receipt to the embassy when i send the other documents?

I feel I´m getting so close now!!
You can pay for it at a bank. To do so, you can print out the 'hoya de ayuda' with all the information the bank will need via the link off of http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/e5cinco/e5cinco.asp (the link specifically is http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/e5cinco/Pago_5Millar/pago_5millar.asp?Inicio=0)

If you have electronic banking with your bank, you may be able to pay for it there too.

Take a look at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp for the details including price to pay (currently $130 MXP)

Congratulations!!!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
OhCanadiana said:
You can pay for it at a bank. To do so, you can print out the 'hoya de ayuda' with all the information the bank will need via the link off of http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/e5cinco/e5cinco.asp (the link specifically is http://www.pgr.gob.mx/servicios/e5cinco/Pago_5Millar/pago_5millar.asp?Inicio=0)

If you have electronic banking with your bank, you may be able to pay for it there too.

Take a look at http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp for the details including price to pay (currently $130 MXP)

Congratulations!!!
Thanks, I got the form ready, so i´ll be doing it next week.

What about the RPRF? Can it be done with a certified check? CIC is confusing...the embassy website says to check cic on forms to pay for family class and cic says to check the embassy webpage to pay outside of Canada.

Do I just scan the receipt from the bank and email it to Mississauga and Mex City? or should I also send it with all the documents they´re asking?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eduram said:
Thanks, I got the form ready, so i´ll be doing it next week.

What about the RPRF? Can it be done with a certified check? CIC is confusing...the embassy website says to check cic on forms to pay for family class and cic says to check the embassy webpage to pay outside of Canada.

Do I just scan the receipt from the bank and email it to Mississauga and Mex City? or should I also send it with all the documents they´re asking?
Good :)

For the RPRF, for Mexico the instructions and current exchange rate are at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

You should be able to pay with a bank draft (cheque de caja) sent to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, but read the instructions they sent you carefully since they do periodically change. It would be faster to pay it in Mexico than online in Canada. If you pay it online in Canada, send the receipt to CPC-M via the links toward the bottom of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp

"Residents of Mexico only:

If you are paying in Mexican pesos, the bank draft or certified cheque should be made payable to: “Embajada de Canadá”. Please take note of the following:

Do not write on the back of the bank draft or certified cheque.
If you are paying with a certified cheque, it must have 2 signatures and the 2 code numbers of the bank officers, except for Banamex. In this case, only 1 signature and 1 code number of the bank officer is accepted.
If you are paying with a bank draft, it must have 2 signatures and the 2 code numbers of the bank officer, except for Banamex and Bancomer. In those cases, only 1 signature and 1 code number of the bank officer is accepted.
Cheques must have been recently issued.
Pay the exact fee for your application (do not add cents).
Your payment must accompany your application.
Please ensure that the bank does not forward your bank draft or certified cheque to this office.
If your application is received at this office without the correct processing fee attached, it will be returned to you."

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
edgarsitow said:
I AM going through Ontario. I know that the Quebec flag can be deceiving, but I applied through Ontario because that's where my wife lives (I'm the one being sponsored). We're just planning to move to Montreal after I get my permanent residence.

It took a bit over three months for the embassy to contact me. My wife was told at the hearing that they were allowing my appeal.

There is no "fast track" per se. The file will now be processed a bit faster because they don't have to verify the relationship anymore. You should be getting an email (this month hopefully!) requesting updated immigration forms, another medical exam and your police checks.

All in all, the judge told my wife at the hearing that I should be back within 6 months to a year, and it's been pretty consistent so far.

I understand how you're feeling. Take a look at my timeline, I've been waiting for over three years, but we're almost there, don't give up! :)
Hi Edgar

Whats the latest.....please update.....When do you think I will hear.....appeal was allowed in Toronto August....I havent heard anything since then.....I miss my Mexican guy so much......

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
if anyone can update on timeline AFTER successful appeal....it would be most appreciated.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
gsize said:
Hi Edgar

Whats the latest.....please update.....When do you think I will hear.....appeal was allowed in Toronto August....I havent heard anything since then.....I miss my Mexican guy so much......
Well if my case is any indication. You should hear something by the end of this month/beginning of November.

There aren't many appeal cases (at least recently) from Mexico City. It seems that they've cut down on interviews lately, a few years ago it was almost a given to have an interview. I already gave you my timeline. Right now you're looking at another 6 months or so. Was your husband deported from Canada?

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
One month now since our file was transferred to Mexico city but no word yet.... sure starting to get a little anxious, hopefully something soon ....

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Odd question - are there any neutral places at the border between the US and Canada?

My husband can't enter the US. Two of his three brothers cannot leave the US. However, his brothers are going to visit New York. Is there any place they could talk or see each other while being in different countries?

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Odd question - are there any neutral places at the border between the US and Canada?

My husband can't enter the US. Two of his three brothers cannot leave the US. However, his brothers are going to visit New York. Is there any place they could talk or see each other while being in different countries?
I don't think so. Even in Stanstead, QC which is a town divided by the US-Canada border you have to register with customs when visiting certain streets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanstead,_Quebec

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
We might have to go to BC. The border is a ditch with signs and a neighborhood on the US side. We could talk from either side.