Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
CdnMxHusb said:
Good morning.
I am so sorry to bother everyone, but all this process is sooo confusing. I am about to start, I am in Canada and my wife in Mexico. She will have to go to Mexico city for the Medical exam. Do you know how much it is? Also, I understand she needs two police letters? One from SSP and the other from PGR. Does she have to get them in Mexico city or can she get them in her hometown?
If she gets the letters on this trip, do I have to send them together with the proof she had her medical exams? or does she send the letters latter.
So, just to get out of confusion, I send all the sponsorship documents filled out with letters from friends, photos, chats, etc plus proof that she did her Medical plus the letters from PGR and SSP. Is this correct?
Can someone please help me out? I dont want the papers sent back for some mistake I make.
Thank you soooo much....
hi!! you're not bothering anyone that's what we're here for to help each other out :)

The PGR is being offered in some states, but you can only get it with the letter from the embassy. The SSP you can only get in Mexico City, as for the medical I think it varies depending on the dr. try calling a couple from the list to see what they are charging.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
CdnMxHusb said:
Good morning.
I am so sorry to bother everyone, but all this process is sooo confusing. I am about to start, I am in Canada and my wife in Mexico. She will have to go to Mexico city for the Medical exam. Do you know how much it is? Also, I understand she needs two police letters? One from SSP and the other from PGR. Does she have to get them in Mexico city or can she get them in her hometown?
If she gets the letters on this trip, do I have to send them together with the proof she had her medical exams? or does she send the letters latter.
So, just to get out of confusion, I send all the sponsorship documents filled out with letters from friends, photos, chats, etc plus proof that she did her Medical plus the letters from PGR and SSP. Is this correct?
Can someone please help me out? I dont want the papers sent back for some mistake I make.
Thank you soooo much....
Hi I will try to explain this as best as I can. Your wife needs to get her medicals done before submitting your whole file. There are a few DMP's (Designated Medical Practicioners) throughout Mexico. She does not have to travel to Mexico City for one (if it is not the closes one) Here is a list of where they are located in Mexico.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2041&CountryName=Mexico

I just took a look and it looks like they have taken out a lot of doctors.. so she will have to choose the one closes to her based on that list.
Then you gather all evidence you two are in a genuine relationship. Photographs, vacations, homes or vehicles under both your names, letters, history of conversations between the two, whatever you have! The stronger your evidence the better it is.
Then you send your application into Mississauga, they will approve you as a sponsor and then send your application off to Mexico City
About a month and a month and a half later (on avg.) you will receive AOR from Mexico City and also either probably an interview request (if needed) and a police check request.

Your wife will be able to get the PGR in her state, it takes 10 days and since she is a woman it should be relatively easy since she doesn’t need a precartilla or cartilla liberada. She needs a recent birth certificate so if she is from a different state then the one she is now I suggest you two start working on getting it because it can be costly and time consuming. The PGR takes ten days, then she will also need another police check, an SSP which can only be obtained in Mexico City. She will have 60 days to do both police checks.

If everything checks out well, after you submit the police checks usually what happens is PPR (passport Request) which means the process is almost done and you wife will soon be able to join you in Canada.

Hope this answers all of your questions!

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi!! you're not bothering anyone that's what we're here for to help each other out :)

The PGR is being offered in some states, but you can only get it with the letter from the embassy. The SSP you can only get in Mexico City, as for the medical I think it varies depending on the dr. try calling a couple from the list to see what they are charging.
[/quote]

Thank you so much!! This is really so stressful.
There is a PGR office back there so I guess she has to wait until the Embassy sends her the letter. About SSP, so she should get the letter when she goes for Medical? Because she does not live in Mexico City and it is so far but it is the best choice to go between Juarez and Monterrey. Now, does that letter (SSP) have a cost and what does she have to take to get it. Do they give it to her the same day?

Thank you again so much!!!

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Hi I will try to explain this as best as I can. Your wife needs to get her medicals done before submitting your whole file. There are a few DMP's (Designated Medical Practicioners) throughout Mexico. She does not have to travel to Mexico City for one (if it is not the closes one) Here is a list of where they are located in Mexico.

I just took a look and it looks like they have taken out a lot of doctors.. so she will have to choose the one closes to her based on that list.
Then you gather all evidence you two are in a genuine relationship. Photographs, vacations, homes or vehicles under both your names, letters, history of conversations between the two, whatever you have! The stronger your evidence the better it is.
Then you send your application into Mississauga, they will approve you as a sponsor and then send your application off to Mexico City
About a month and a month and a half later (on avg.) you will receive AOR from Mexico City and also either probably an interview request (if needed) and a police check request.

Your wife will be able to get the PGR in her state, it takes 10 days and since she is a woman it should be relatively easy since she doesn't need a precartilla or cartilla liberada. She needs a recent birth certificate so if she is from a different state then the one she is now I suggest you two start working on getting it because it can be costly and time consuming. The PGR takes ten days, then she will also need another police check, an SSP which can only be obtained in Mexico City. She will have 60 days to do both police checks.

If everything checks out well, after you submit the police checks usually what happens is PPR (passport Request) which means the process is almost done and you wife will soon be able to join you in Canada.

Hope this answers all of your questions!

Hi again
So she will do her Medicals in Mexico city, can she do the SSP at the same time? Because going back in 2 months is going to be very expensive. One trip is quite expensive and then another one, just doesnt make sense.
I really hope she can do both in one trip.

Thanks

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Technically she could, but by the time you get AOR from Mexico City your SSP would be 4 - 41/2 months old so they would probably request it again regardless

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Technically she could, but by the time you get AOR from Mexico City your SSP would be 4 - 41/2 months old so they would probably request it again regardless
Is there anyway she can go and take what they request and then have someone order it later with a carta poder?
Sorry for all this but I am trying to avoid her making two trips. She hardly wants to go on the first one and now I tell her there is another one. This is so hard.

Thanks again for your time

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
CdnMxHusb said:
Is there anyway she can go and take what they request and then have someone order it later with a carta poder?
Sorry for all this but I am trying to avoid her making two trips. She hardly wants to go on the first one and now I tell her there is another one. This is so hard.

Thanks again for your time
Does she have any direct family members living in Mexico City. Mother, Father, children, brothers, sisters etc. The SSP is unfortunatly very strict about this rule. That is the only way you can send someone with a carta poder. We actually had to fly my Mother in Law in from Cancun because of this. Very expensive process.

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Does she have any direct family members living in Mexico City. Mother, Father, children, brothers, sisters etc. The SSP is unfortunatly very strict about this rule. That is the only way you can send someone with a carta poder. We actually had to fly my Mother in Law in from Cancun because of this. Very expensive process.

I really hate doing this but you are helping me so much! I really thank you for this.
She has no one in Mexico city. That is why she is afraid to go there on her own. They should accept medicals from other cities, at least where they have Consulates. Now I will have to see how to convince her to go twice to Mexico city. Once was so hard. I dont know what I can do here.
Time is just going by so fast and I havent even started. This is so but so stressful. Sorry to tell you all my problems!

So then, she will be sending the 2 police letters to the Embassy. I will send all the paperwork, her Medical proof, chats, letters from friends knowing us, photos and the most important, the fees, to Missisauga to be approved. Is this correct?
Once approved they will contact her and tell her to send the 2 letters. Maybe they interview here also.

Is there anything else I am missing?

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
mc1234 said:

I just took a look and it looks like they have taken out a lot of doctors..
wow they've really taken out a lot of dr's ... Juarez, Mexico City and Moterrey, left all the very safe cities on there huh?

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Make sure you check out the country specific guide for Mexico

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf

This will tell you everything you need to submit.

Np and goodluck!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
tsjunx said:
wow they've really taken out a lot of dr's ... Juarez, Mexico City and Moterrey, left all the very safe city on there huh?
thats what I was thinking!! haha.

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
CdnMxHusb said:
I really hate doing this but you are helping me so much! I really thank you for this.
She has no one in Mexico city. That is why she is afraid to go there on her own. They should accept medicals from other cities, at least where they have Consulates. Now I will have to see how to convince her to go twice to Mexico city. Once was so hard. I dont know what I can do here.
Time is just going by so fast and I havent even started. This is so but so stressful. Sorry to tell you all my problems!

So then, she will be sending the 2 police letters to the Embassy. I will send all the paperwork, her Medical proof, chats, letters from friends knowing us, photos and the most important, the fees, to Missisauga to be approved. Is this correct?
Once approved they will contact her and tell her to send the 2 letters. Maybe they interview here also.

Is there anything else I am missing?
They used to accept medicals from other cities but I guess they've shorten the list. She doesn't have to send 2 police letters to the embassy, the embassy will send the PGR letter to her. You as the sponsor send the whole package to Mississauga, I don't think you're missing anything, include enough proof of your relationship, medical, fees, passport pictures for the principal applicant, along with all the required forms. Double check your forms to make sure no signature is missing, go over the list of required things before you mail your application.

Take a deep breath and good luck!!

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
I just came back from 5 days in Puerto Vallarta with the Husband, it´s hard to be by myself again. Still no changes on my ecas and no emails...so frustrating but I hope this week brings more good news to everyone!!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Eduram said:
I just came back from 5 days in Puerto Vallarta with the Husband, it´s hard to be by myself again. Still no changes on my ecas and no emails...so frustrating but I hope this week brings more good news to everyone!!
what are you waiting for? AOR or PPR?

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
mc1234 said:
what are you waiting for? AOR or PPR?
AOR still, I got my SSP so I´ll be sending that next week along with a prepaid waybill for the PGR request.

I know a lot of people´s ecas doesnt change at all until the end but not having a VO AOR makes me crazy