File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Well another day has gone by and still no response from MVO. It's been 14 months since our application with medicals expired. I have sent web forms, inquiries through MP twice, emailed the Minister of Immigration and sent a complaint through the proper channels and it has done nothing. We continue to wait......
It took the death of my unborn child and my wife being in a bad situation and 17 months into our application and now my MP has become my representative and is dealing directly with the immigration minister. Hopefully my process will finally end with this. It took a lot of writing for me to get this accomplished so keep trying

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
I really don't know how to feel about this situation, currently my application is 17 months old. Yesterday I received gsm notes and what is my surprise the only time in Mexico they opened my application was when they sent AOR2, this seems like a joke in 3 months my application is going to have a year there and they haven't even bothered to open it. This whole process sucks and they only play with our time.

• Sad
Reactions: gvalsa

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I really don't know how to feel about this situation, currently my application is 17 months old. Yesterday I received gsm notes and what is my surprise the only time in Mexico they opened my application was when they sent AOR2, this seems like a joke in 3 months my application is going to have a year there and they haven't even bothered to open it. This whole process sucks and they only play with our time.
I got our notes in February (we were at 16 months by then - now I have lost count) - and it was essentially blank. We have done the medicals and the interview that was supposed to happen in March was cancelled because of COVID...but like you I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's ridiculous. It never should have taken this long to reunite a family.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
I got our notes in February (we were at 16 months by then - now I have lost count) - and it was essentially blank. We have done the medicals and the interview that was supposed to happen in March was cancelled because of COVID...but like you I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's ridiculous. It never should have taken this long to reunite a family.
If I am tired I don't want to imagine how you feel and even more now with this situation, that they use as an excuse for their delay with the applications. I really don't see the day this ends, sometimes I feel like I don't even have any hope.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Idk but the more i think they should put all the couples a Spouse Visa (if you meet security and medical), AND PR conditionnal (after 2 years) of staying with your husband or wife as sponsor or living close as in to be married on site instead of always trying to put us to emotionnal limit like they do.

Like it exists in usa and some other places .. Spouse Visa conditionnal to Permanence. They want to know if we are real couples and are able to manage the relationship from same roof? well they have to give this opportunity to ppl to show it tho. So during those two years we would gather all the needed proofs to our case that it's solid , the person has integrated the canadian system and that yes , act as a couple.

Would be sooo easier on countries or human ressources needed.

All of them would be preliminary checks... like 3,4 months ok granted Spouse Visa and then they would return a paper saying if you are caught cheating or whatever in those 2 years you are loosing that eligibility to permanence ,is the condition. Of course with obligation to the sponsor to mention ANY change of address and soo on.

So basically would just have to have a few agents, calling now and then random to know how the relationship is going , which improvement has happened in integration and so on... Taking notes and hang up.

With a system like this , we woulnd't have to wait years to be reunited.

Last edited:

Aemanuel369

Apr 5, 2019
Hello everyone,
As anyone experience this? My file is now 13 months over and I spoke with my MP's office and they said we were at the security stage. However, my husband just got an email asking for additional information. Should I contact my MP's office again or is this normal? Thank you in advance.

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hello everyone,
As anyone experience this? My file is now 13 months over and I spoke with my MP's office and they said we were at the security stage. However, my husband just got an email asking for additional information. Should I contact my MP's office again or is this normal? Thank you in advance.
What are they asking for? Just send them what they are asking i would suggest. You have to respond either ways, your mp can not dictate them what to do. The mp can only enquire about the file. Am i right ?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
What are they asking for? Just send them what they are asking i would suggest. You have to respond either ways, your mp can not dictate them what to do. The mp can only enquire about the file. Am i right ?
You are right.

Just send them what they ask for!

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I received my GCMS notes today, applied on May 4th. Last update on the file was in January. Criminality has been passed, information sharing: Complete. Eligibility and Security has not been started.

What else do I have to look at? The 46 pages has no notes from the officer. At which stage will they check if the relationship is genuine?

Reactions: princess7880

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I received my GCMS notes today, applied on May 4th. Last update on the file was in January. Criminality has been passed, information sharing: Complete. Eligibility and Security has not been started.

What else do I have to look at? The 46 pages has no notes from the officer. At which stage will they check if the relationship is genuine?
Eligibility

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Whats your timeline?
What is in those mamy pages anyways?
Codes? How does it look like?
Does it come from a server in Canada automatically or its a report from mexico directly? I think whom ever updates the case puts down the info and when you apply for the notes a copy automatically will be mailed to you. ?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Another tough event , today is my wife's bday and i can only wish her by online , never been able to be there at the timing or her bday is seriously frustrating. *sigh* may this thing ends , i'm really tired of all this.

And is the first real time i can't even send a thing to her at that date... not even a parcel , never gonna be delivered there from Intl during covid.

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Whats your timeline?
What is in those mamy pages anyways?
Codes? How does it look like?
Does it come from a server in Canada automatically or its a report from mexico directly? I think whom ever updates the case puts down the info and when you apply for the notes a copy automatically will be mailed to you. ?
Well....they don't get automatically sent to you. Someone has to review all the notes and remove anything that they would consider confidential (for example - your spouse is being considered for a security interview because of a past military career...or they suspect you of human trafficking). Depending on how much is in your file already, this could take awhile as it is a manual process.

Notes aren't generally helpful until after your application is done and your spouse is here (THEN, they send you everything). You may see in your notes "review required" which means they will ask or have asked for an interview, but that's about it.

Reactions: FVPupnorth