+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Mariana948 and Patvicto are correct.... we don't feel welcome and nobody really seems to care.

We are at 14 months in processing, 17 months married. Medicals expire on the May 13, 2020.
We have written to Mexico VO, gotten a generic response that their office is now closed. This after getting notification that our file was transferred in October 2019 and not receiving AOR2 until March 11, 2020, 5 days after our one year mark.:rolleyes:

We have written to the MP, no response in over 3 weeks of waiting, although we were told that we should get a response 10 days... still waiting. :(

We have written to the Immigration Minister, long long reply to all our concerns but nothing of substance. The reply basically just told us patient that the process is what it is and everyone is treated fairly... which I think is nonsense.:confused::confused::confused:

So we wait, and pray and hope that something good will happen, before this year is out.
We wait and try to support each other on video chats, try to keep depression and anxiety at bay and generally not lose our minds.

Nothing about this is fair. Nothing about this makes any logical sense. Nothing about this is easy.

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
So our application was received January 7, 2019. November 2019 our application was fully completed pending an interview. I pleaded with my MP and the immigration minister to help expedite given the situation in Ecuador and being the worst hit South American country with this outbreak. Today my wife spent 12 hours looking for a doctor and it was to late. Our unborn child was decreased before she could find a doctor that could help us. I can't blame the immigration system for this....but I really wonder if the outcome would have been different had she been in Canada. Our MP continuously told us our application was complex but that does not explain why our application was finished and we are 6+ months awaiting an interview date. Our immigration system seems truly broken when an innocent baby doesn't stand a chance because our government couldn't make this a humanitarian issue. I have pleaded with many government officials over the last month for the safety of my family and received nothing more back then a generic response. I think the worst part is the difficulty to get a visitor visa and the crazy expense to hire lawyers. And now my wife and I cannot even be together to support each other in our time of loss.

I know we are all missing our families and all going through our own seperate issues but I really wish our government would step up and make this process easier and more transparent. I wish there was a way to make this government hear our stories because simply writing them does nothing of benefit.
We are so sorry for your loss, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your spouse during this difficult time.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Mariana948 and Patvicto are correct.... we don't feel welcome and nobody really seems to care.

We are at 14 months in processing, 17 months married. Medicals expire on the May 13, 2020.
We have written to Mexico VO, gotten a generic response that their office is now closed. This after getting notification that our file was transferred in October 2019 and not receiving AOR2 until March 11, 2020, 5 days after our one year mark.:rolleyes:

We have written to the MP, no response in over 3 weeks of waiting, although we were told that we should get a response 10 days... still waiting. :(

We have written to the Immigration Minister, long long reply to all our concerns but nothing of substance. The reply basically just told us patient that the process is what it is and everyone is treated fairly... which I think is nonsense.:confused::confused::confused:

So we wait, and pray and hope that something good will happen, before this year is out.
We wait and try to support each other on video chats, try to keep depression and anxiety at bay and generally not lose our minds.

Nothing about this is fair. Nothing about this makes any logical sense. Nothing about this is easy.

Which is basically means they really have NO intention to change any inches in the way it's done.

We'll be at 15 months too on 19th of May and still not seeing the end of this... we'll be married for 2 complete years in September..and started as it we'll still be there at those 2 years!

Fairly ??!? hahahaha yeah right *play violin*

Reactions: Meibyram18

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019

I know is so hard all of this glad Im not the only one who feels like this, I feel we will need support to feel accepted and ok when we get there all process seems a joke from start to end the amount of money we have spend already without counting the flight tickets and buy the one way one.

i hope they extend our medical really their VO and call centers are a waste of time you call for nothing lol at least a letter to all of us saying we sorry for delay we have plus covid19 will be impacting etc you know something but nothing this damn silences kills me.

i really want to contact a journalist and share all of our nightmare like Patvicto said don’t know why the preference for others... we same nothing makes us different but well guys my medical also expires may 29 we getting next week middle may no news of Quebec since Patvicto are waiting a damn paper that seems useless for me and rest waiting just a never ending story next month June damn i can’t avoid not thinking in future.

i feel like creating a support group I was thinking I was the problem feeling like this and not accepted glad we can listen each other here , this pandemic just complicated all much more :(

• Sad
Reactions: Meibyram18

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I know is so hard all of this glad Im not the only one who feels like this, I feel we will need support to feel accepted and ok when we get there all process seems a joke from start to end the amount of money we have spend already without counting the flight tickets and buy the one way one.

i hope they extend our medical really their VO and call centers are a waste of time you call for nothing lol at least a letter to all of us saying we sorry for delay we have plus covid19 will be impacting etc you know something but nothing this damn silences kills me.

i really want to contact a journalist and share all of our nightmare like Patvicto said don’t know why the preference for others... we same nothing makes us different but well guys my medical also expires may 29 we getting next week middle may no news of Quebec since Patvicto are waiting a damn paper that seems useless for me and rest waiting just a never ending story next month June damn i can’t avoid not thinking in future.

i feel like creating a support group I was thinking I was the problem feeling like this and not accepted glad we can listen each other here , this pandemic just complicated all much more :(
just officially sent a complaint to MIFI this morning btw.. since our politicians seems not even able to get infos more than "finalisation" well... i've got to it.. Encourage you to do the same, maybe if they receive a bunch of it will put their focus at it

http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/commissaire-plaintes.html

seems like the whole system is broken

Last edited:

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
just officially sent a complaint to MIFI this morning btw.. since our politicians seems not even able to get infos more than "finalisation" well... i've got to it.. Encourage you to do the same, maybe if they receive a bunch of it will put their focus at it

http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/commissaire-plaintes.html

seems like the whole system is broken
Thanks for doing it ! Im sharing this with my husband so he can do the same too , upsets me not having the damn CSQ is a joke right

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi guys, i like to mention couple things here, i am sure they are doing their best to do their jobs at immigration, its not their fault even if the system is broken, they are there to work, the problem is that they are loaded with work, why howmany countries app goes to mexico VO? Its very clear to me. I have had to deal with couple other countries immigration in the past. And believe it Canada is alright.
About those of you who feel are not welcomed by Canadian immigration system , i want to say, you are certainly welcome by your sponsor and thats all it matters i think. About the waitting period, i have to agree that its not the fastest, but like i said, it worth it after all. We are all waitting some couple for 2 years and some 2 months, it is all relationship between those countries. Its like you say its not fare why they do not need a visa to visit Canada while some other countries people need vida. So its all about relationships whether politically or economically or traditionally. Idk.

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: John Lennon / Paul Mccartney

Reactions: Tina556 and gvalsa

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hi guys, i like to mention couple things here, i am sure they are doing their best to do their jobs at immigration, its not their fault even if the system is broken, they are there to work, the problem is that they are loaded with work, why howmany countries app goes to mexico VO? Its very clear to me. I have had to deal with couple other countries immigration in the past. And believe it Canada is alright.
About those of you who feel are not welcomed by Canadian immigration system , i want to say, you are certainly welcome by your sponsor and thats all it matters i think. About the waitting period, i have to agree that its not the fastest, but like i said, it worth it after all. We are all waitting some couple for 2 years and some 2 months, it is all relationship between those countries. Its like you say its not fare why they do not need a visa to visit Canada while some other countries people need vida. So its all about relationships whether politically or economically or traditionally. Idk.

we also talk about Quebec not just Mexico VO itself. and when i meant "broken" meant like the way things are done. They leave you for months and months without a review , nothing in the unknown.

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
we also talk about Quebec not just Mexico VO itself. and when i meant "broken" meant like the way things are done. They leave you for months and months without a review , nothing in the unknown.
Well, lol Quebec is a whole another separate story lol. You are living in a different planet if you are in Quebec my friend.
It has its own system.
Hope you hear the good news this week.

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
When you see all those that get treatment of favor in 3,4 months from a certain nation i won't mention about and us all on wait for 12 (for the lucky ones..) 15..20 months !

This 12 months is NOT even effective anymore , they just put the statistics to be around 75-80% cause of this streamline as priority they do toward a certain nation. I rather not naming it cause ppl will think i'm racist (which i'm not) , but everyone knows who's i'm talking about...

Well sorry but i understand those like Mariana948 that says she doesn't feel welcomed in here. The whole system is broken , it's now ridiculous the wait you have to face unless you are on that "selected group".
True

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
A few people on a forum I am in - with files in Mexico - are having their interviews WAIVED and they are going straight on to pre-arrival. Has that happened to anyone here? I can say it hasn't happened to us - but I hope it does!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
A few people on a forum I am in - with files in Mexico - are having their interviews WAIVED and they are going straight on to pre-arrival. Has that happened to anyone here? I can say it hasn't happened to us - but I hope it does!
My file would probably be it if CSQ was arrived but... it's not so... Mexico is on Wait of Quebec paper and it's fu*** slow, we approaching the 6 months just for Quebec!

CSQ Sent : October 31th 2019
CSQ Entered in system : November 15th 2019
CSQ AOR : November 18th 2019

CSQ Completed : ? (Still on wait...)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Response from Quebec...

Monsieur XXX,

Nous donnons suite à votre courriel du 5 mai 2020. L’équipe de gestion des plaintes a le mandat de traiter les plaintes et les commentaires concernant les services offerts par le ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration à sa clientèle.

Nous tenons à vous informer et à vous assurer que le traitement de votre demande d’engagement suit son cours normal compte tenu de la situation actuelle. En effet, comme indiqué sur le site internet du Ministère, ce dernier n’est pas en mesure de respecter le délai de 25 jours, dû à un grand volume de demandes reçues. De plus, bien que le Ministère continue à traiter les demandes de sélection permanente, le gouvernement ainsi que tous les ministères sont actuellement mobilisés pour freiner la propagation du virus et pour limiter les impacts de la crise sans précédent que nous traversons. Les mesures gouvernementales prises dans les dernières semaines pour répondre à la situation actuelle pourront avoir une incidence sur les délais de traitement des demandes. C’est pourquoi nous ne sommes pas en mesure de préciser la date à laquelle le traitement de votre dossier sera finalisé.

Nous devons également souligner que le traitement des demandes de résidence permanente des personnes parrainées (auprès d’IRCC) et celui de l’engagement (auprès du MIFI) visant des ressortissants étrangers qui résident à l’extérieur du Canada ne peuvent pas être privilégiés durant cette période parce que ces personnes ne peuvent pas recevoir leur visa. En effet, la majorité de ces services ne sont pas assurés en cette période de pandémie.

Compte tenu des explications fournies, l’équipe de la gestion des plaintes ne peut que vous inviter à patienter. Nous comprenons votre déception, mais soyez assuré que notre équipe suit cette situation de près.

Recevez nos cordiales salutations.

I'm done trying ... i'm just giving up on this, it's too exhausting.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: laleona