+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
after all this has happen to you.... and to other people that are going to go through with this what is the next step..... i mean will you have another interview or your just waiting now... what is the next step

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Anyone in Mexico feel the earthquake? That was a strong one according to the news reports. I have been through a 7.0 and it was scary!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
@ grice i am really sorry to hear that news :( Sorry if I missed it, what was the official explanation? You and your husband are in my thoughts.. hoping for a successful appeal for you two.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
gricelanora said:
after all this has happen to you.... and to other people that are going to go through with this what is the next step..... i mean will you have another interview or your just waiting now... what is the next step
Sorry for taking so long to reply. As you probably know, there was a 7.8 earthquake and I was left without electricity for 7 hours.... Man that was one of the scariest experiences of my life. I live on the 4th floor of an apartment complex and the thing was shaking like it was the end of the world.

Sooooo glad Canada doesn't have any of these bad boys!

Since my appeal was allowed, the embassy is forced to process my PR. I might get another interview for the ARC, but I'm not sure yet.

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
edgarsitow said:
Sorry for taking so long to reply. As you probably know, there was a 7.8 earthquake and I was left without electricity for 7 hours.... Man that was one of the scariest experiences of my life. I live on the 4th floor of an apartment complex and the thing was shaking like it was the end of the world.

Sooooo glad Canada doesn't have any of these bad boys!

Since my appeal was allowed, the embassy is forced to process my PR. I might get another interview for the ARC, but I'm not sure yet.
So edgarsitow, was initial denial triggered because of the removal notice?

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Americana In T.O. said:
So edgarsitow, was initial denial triggered because of the removal notice?
Technically no, they're not allowed to do that, since the purpose of the interview is to verify the truthfulness of the relationship, however it will definitely make them scrutinize your application.

Her reason was that I didn't satisfy her that the relationship was real and that I would just leave as soon as I got permanent residence. ::)

She was wrong obviously and the IAD has full control over the decision now, so they're forced to process the PR.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
So sorry to hear the news Grice! There must be a solution though, I mean it wasn´t your fault you didn´t get the letter and then all that stuff with the cartilla! Everything will work out in the end!

I totally felt the earthquake, I was in UNAM and we got evacuated from the building for like an hour! Sounds like it was much stronger in other parts of the city though...Was my first earthquake ever! Glad we don´t get them back in Canada!

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
So glad that you guys are okay after the earthquake! One of my greatest fears living in this brick house in Mexico :) Thankfully I live in Puerto Vallarta (Jalisco) and we felt nothing here :).

I dunno what you guys mean though about Canada! Canada has earthquakes too lol. In fact there was just a 6.4 one in the town we are relocating to just a few months ago. :) At least we will be in houses made of wood though =)

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
i just wanted to say thank you. for your responses..... and this just a stop but it doesnt mean i will give up i have faith and i know that i can prove that marriage is real anyhow i wish everyone of you all best, and hope with all my heart that no one is put in this position of waiting an extra long time to see there love once.and to you edgar thank you for providing me that information.
i m thinking of going to mexico and stay there as soon as i send my appeal.. anyhow i wish all you guys the best.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
No problem gricelanora.

We're here to help and I think we can all relate to the pain that is immigration.

I went today to the embassy, it was soooo annoying, there were only three people there, so I was like "hey this will be quick :) just a few minutes and I'm out" Well it turns out I was wrong. It took 90 minutes for me to finally get to the service booth. Mind you that by the time that they started servicing people there were already about 30 there, and only on person inside the booth.

Anyway I asked about my case, and nothing yet :/ They told me that they already received the appeal copy, and yes my address is updated, so hopefully they won't send stuff to Tijuana this time, but she couldn't give me a time frame, she only said that it was taking a bit because the officer has to reopen the case, but that an officer already has my case and I should be contacted soon, however "soon" is relative and I when I asked how soon, she said she didn't know, but I could send an email if I wanted to.

I'll just wait a week or two and if I don't hear something, then I'll send my email.

On the earthquake topic, yeah Canada has them, but nothing compared to Mexico City. The only region that is long overdue for an earthquake is Vancouver, and a big one actually. Forecasts indicate that Vancouver should've been hit by a major earthquake a while ago, and that it may happen soon. Hopefully I'm wrong, as earthquakes are horrible. :-X

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
edgarsitow said:
No problem gricelanora.

We're here to help and I think we can all relate to the pain that is immigration.

I went today to the embassy, it was soooo annoying, there were only three people there, so I was like "hey this will be quick :) just a few minutes and I'm out" Well it turns out I was wrong. It took 90 minutes for me to finally get to the service booth. Mind you that by the time that they started servicing people there were already about 30 there, and only on person inside the booth.

Anyway I asked about my case, and nothing yet :/ They told me that they already received the appeal copy, and yes my address is updated, so hopefully they won't send stuff to Tijuana this time, but she couldn't give me a time frame, she only said that it was taking a bit because the officer has to reopen the case, but that an officer already has my case and I should be contacted soon, however "soon" is relative and I when I asked how soon, she said she didn't know, but I could send an email if I wanted to.

I'll just wait a week or two and if I don't hear something, then I'll send my email.

On the earthquake topic, yeah Canada has them, but nothing compared to Mexico City. The only region that is long overdue for an earthquake is Vancouver, and a big one actually. Forecasts indicate that Vancouver should've been hit by a major earthquake a while ago, and that it may happen soon. Hopefully I'm wrong, as earthquakes are horrible. :-X
Wishing for a very quick "soon" for you guys!! Keep us posted!!

In regards to the earthquake, that is so true! I'm from Vancouver Island and that's where we are moving back to. They've been saying we are expecting a big earthquake for i don't know how many years now. Lots!! Really hope it doesn't happen :( they are so scary! The 6.4 one was on Van Island so hopefully that relieved some pressure =D

@gricelanora - Wishing you all the best in this next step! Keep us updated :D

juliecanadian

Mar 21, 2012
Hello Everyone.

I am Canadian and my husband is Mexican. We have been together for three years, and married for almost one year. My husband just recieved a multi-entry tourist visa which is valid until Sept. 6th. We are trying to decide between applying inland our outside of Canada. Any tips would be helpful!

Also, I am wondering about notarizing and translating his documents. Is there an "offical" person the government uses?

Cheers!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
juliecanadian said:
Hello Everyone.

I am Canadian and my husband is Mexican. We have been together for three years, and married for almost one year. My husband just recieved a multi-entry tourist visa which is valid until Sept. 6th. We are trying to decide between applying inland our outside of Canada. Any tips would be helpful!

Also, I am wondering about notarizing and translating his documents. Is there an "offical" person the government uses?

Cheers!
Hi julie,

Welcome to the Mexico Board!

my SO also holds a multiple entry TRV.. we are applying outland to mexico city although he is in Canada with me.. You said his multiple entry visa is only valid until sept 6th.. just to clarify, do you mean of this year?

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
juliecanadian said:
Hello Everyone.

Cheers!
Welcome Julie!

You have to weigh in on both the advantages and disadvantages of inland and outland applications.

If you apply inland then the benefit is that your husband can stay with you in Canada while you wait for the interview and decision. After a few months he can apply for a work permit and while you guys wait he can work. The downside is that there is no right to appeal, which means that if they deny the application, he has to go back to Mexico and apply all over again. It also takes longer (about two years)

If you apply outland then you have a right to appeal, and it also takes less time (around 6 - 8 months, maybe more, maybe less) but your husband technically has to wait in Mexico, even though he can visit you and perhaps even stay there, he can't work and he has to travel to Mexico for the interview and to wait for his visa.

So the choice is yours, you just have to consider what's the best option for you two, good luck!

For translating the documents I did it in Canada in a settlement agency. It was the cheapest option available, so look for settlement services and they can give you a pretty good rate.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
itscoezy said:
Wishing for a very quick "soon" for you guys!! Keep us posted!!

In regards to the earthquake, that is so true! I'm from Vancouver Island and that's where we are moving back to. They've been saying we are expecting a big earthquake for i don't know how many years now. Lots!! Really hope it doesn't happen :( they are so scary! The 6.4 one was on Van Island so hopefully that relieved some pressure =D

@ gricelanora - Wishing you all the best in this next step! Keep us updated :D
Thanks itscoezy! Yeah Sadly Vancouver and it's surrounding region is situated on what is called "The Ring of Fire" which are unstable tectonic plates , but let's hope that nothing ever happens!

How is Vancouver Island btw? I've heard it's quite beautiful and not as rainy as Vancouver. I personally HATE the rain.
I'm moving to Montreal, but I'm landing in Toronto because my wife lives in Hamilton, which is why I couldn't take advantage of the Quebec programme, but once I land and receive my SIN and PR Card, we're moving out of Hamilton (Hate that place)