Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Just to rectify , i don't have any idea of giving up on things nor i think ppl here have the intention. I was just pointing out that it's a reality on some cases and i saw some during this timeline year. It's def sad to see that but na, we shouldnt be judging any. Everyone lives this process differently ... doesnt mesn there's a better way to do. We all get moments on discouragement and is totally normal which is why this forum is also for , exchanging and sharing what we live. It def enforce you to your limits, i was prepared for a bit of as heard some stories in my surrounding, but you always think that those persons exaggerate and you give and take... well is totally true is really tough mentally.

Reactions: Jan27 and laleona

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
I'm hoping to hear this week. I know there was a bring forward date last Friday so hopefully this means they will finish. The longest part of the process is done and the background check was finished and passed in Mexico so I hope the eligibility of the principal applicant is faster. I will be 13 months on Friday.

Reactions: FVPupnorth

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/immigration-calgary-cuba-1.5446028

This was what ran on the CBC website today. It isn't 100% accurate (for example, they do seem to think now that the Havana embassy closure is due to excessive spraying for mosquitos) and they didn't quote Tito exactly, but it got attention for the process, and if you all take the momentum and start writing now and writing to CBC (to Elise - the reporter) and keep it up, we may get somewhere!

I am really grateful to Elise (the reporter) for bringing attention to this - she's been wonderful.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
I agree. It has been very hard on us - especially because Cuba is not known for it's great telecommunications. My husband and I have known each other for 10 years - before Cubans had access to email and cellphones on a regular basis, and communication can still be very sketchy at times. Video calls are few and far between for example (he lives in a rural area of the country). We are both suffering from depression, we can't plan anything at all, and the depression means we don't laugh and joke around like we used to - so there is a vicious circle there. I don't know if we would ever survive and appeal process, and that is not out of a lack of love, it would be about managing the depression of another couple of years apart. We are 15 months into this process and it's pretty much unbearable. Our wedding anniversary is on Saturday and we never imagined we would be apart again. I can't fly down there becuase we are awaiting an interview date and if the date comes soon I wouldn't be able to afford a trip to Cuba AND a trip to Trinidad. So it's all a waiting game and we keep hedging our bets that something will happen "soon". Pure sucktitude.

Hoping that the CBC interview does get published tomorrow and that someone takes notice - for ALL of us!
I also read in the CBC this weekend about some of the federal computer systems being 60 YEARS old and at the point of critical failure. Willing to bet that the immigration software and hardware is among that group. I don't envy the staff working on our files.
Reading this makes me feel what you're going through, it's almost the same way I feel this whole process has made me fall into a depression I can't stand anymore. I hate so much that they make us suffer with all this, in 2 weeks it will be 14 months for me and still with nothing, not even the bgc has started nor is there an interview request. They are destroying my mental health.Thank God my husband stays strong, but I can't take it anymore :(

Reactions: Jan27

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Reading this makes me feel what you're going through, it's almost the same way I feel this whole process has made me fall into a depression I can't stand anymore. I hate so much that they make us suffer with all this, in 2 weeks it will be 14 months for me and still with nothing, not even the bgc has started nor is there an interview request. They are destroying my mental health.Thank God my husband stays strong, but I can't take it anymore :(
I know how you feel. We haven't got anything started either, yet. Nothing on GC Key - and even when the MPs office calls they tell them the same thing. How can nothing be done in 16 MONTHS?? My husband is a mess - he's in really rough shape. About 4 months ago they lost running water in their village and with the increasing shortages I am pretty sure he is starving too. Not good.

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Like i said before, we need to get togather and write something and sign and submit it to the ministry of immigration and citizenship.
Thats the only way to maybe get some help.

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/immigration-calgary-cuba-1.5446028

This was what ran on the CBC website today. It isn't 100% accurate (for example, they do seem to think now that the Havana embassy closure is due to excessive spraying for mosquitos) and they didn't quote Tito exactly, but it got attention for the process, and if you all take the momentum and start writing now and writing to CBC (to Elise - the reporter) and keep it up, we may get somewhere!

I am really grateful to Elise (the reporter) for bringing attention to this - she's been wonderful.
My husband and I read it and we are very thankful to you and your baby...we pray God this will call the attention and make someone take a look to all of us...let's keep fingers crossed

Reactions: Tina556

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I know how you feel. We haven't got anything started either, yet. Nothing on GC Key - and even when the MPs office calls they tell them the same thing. How can nothing be done in 16 MONTHS?? My husband is a mess - he's in really rough shape. About 4 months ago they lost running water in their village and with the increasing shortages I am pretty sure he is starving too. Not good.
I know what you mean...I am suffering because I am far from my husband and he is not taking care of himself and start getting symptoms from stress...I am too but he needs me strong now because he was strong for me and my baby this all time...I hate all this process...when I finish I will make such a big book ..I will make people get ready to this horrible process....

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I know what you mean...I am suffering because I am far from my husband and he is not taking care of himself and start getting symptoms from stress...I am too but he needs me strong now because he was strong for me and my baby this all time...I hate all this process...when I finish I will make such a big book ..I will make people get ready to this horrible process....
I think the fact i've always been able to see my wife every 3,4 months since start is less affecting ( def is helping.. but ) , but i don't like to know that she has to go in danger zones in her country.

When i visit , we def avoid those zones ( she always pointed out , "nooo not this area..", avoiding public buses .. always by car, Basically her family and her does all for me to stay safe.).

i mean we arrive there from North, we don't know all those things...) but sometimes she has to go as for obligation for her work or so ... Stress me a lot , cause she has been pointed gun at her tummy in a public bus. (true story...) Been stolen her phone and all. Crossed some gangs controlled areas to go to French classes on saturdays ! I just want this process to be done so i have her safe here ans us having a good life. She does all to be ready on her part for the departure, trying to adapt.

We try to stay strong but is def horrible process time. You would think as a doctor, she is safe there and gangs won't get to her .. but is sooo wrong , doctor there has to same value as a guy putting gas in car here. They don't recognize really who you are and what you do to help society. Is seriously crazy.

All those times, leaving her by the aiport saying bye.. not knowing what could happen to her until the next visit... is def not fun.

Estimated remaining processing time: 16 Day(s)
Application received - 96% complete

... Sure won't be finished on time at all.. not even the f*** AOR2 of Mexico , a total joke.

Last edited:

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I think the fact i've always been able to see my wife every 3,4 months since start is less affecting ( def is helping.. but ) , but i don't like to know that she has to go in danger zones in her country.

When i visit , we def avoid those zones ( she always pointed out , "nooo not this area..", avoiding public buses .. always by car, Basically her family and her does all for me to stay safe.).

i mean we arrive there from North, we don't know all those things...) but sometimes she has to go as for obligation for her work or so ... Stress me a lot , cause she has been pointed gun at her tummy in a public bus. (true story...) Been stolen her phone and all. Crossed some gangs controlled areas to go to French classes on saturdays ! I just want this process to be done so i have her safe here ans us having a good life. She does all to be ready on her part for the departure, trying to adapt.

We try to stay strong but is def horrible process time. You would think as a doctor, she is safe there and gangs won't get to her .. but is sooo wrong , doctor there has to same value as a guy putting gas in car here. They don't recognize really who you are and what you do to help society. Is seriously crazy.

All those times, leaving her by the aiport saying bye.. not knowing what could happen to her until the next visit... is def not fun.

Estimated remaining processing time: 16 Day(s)
Application received - 96% complete

... Sure won't be finished on time at all.. not even the f*** AOR2 of Mexico , a total joke.
I feel your words..I chat with my husband constantly and we try to be as close as possible from each even at this enormous distance...he is sick and I feel my all world is going down..if my baby got sick he gets crazy...if he comes we try to spend as much time together as possible. Make new memories. Meet new places...thanks for the amazing words...i prey every day to receive good news soon...

Reactions: FVPupnorth

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I feel your words..I chat with my husband constantly and we try to be as close as possible from each even at this enormous distance...he is sick and I feel my all world is going down..if my baby got sick he gets crazy...if he comes we try to spend as much time together as possible. Make new memories. Meet new places...thanks for the amazing words...i prey every day to receive good news soon...
Yeah we try to have awesome time when i go there too.. but the tougher moment is when i need to go back to Canada , usually after a week and have to stay strong not knowing when this f** thing will end. She looks at the plane going in cries cause she knows her place is on my side , in my life and all the times is the same feeling of been desperate not to be part of and again she is still stuck there having to endure the distance.

What's crazy is they rather us to be safe and back home than living what they live there... is totally true love. If i have learned something in those countries , is this. I wouldn't do her schedule and all the sacrifices she has to do all the times. Waking up early every morning so we can phone a bit while i drive to work with my bluetooth. All thoses signs are real. Our first time , we met at Roatan she saved money a good 6 months at working in Call Center there as a student part time to save enough to go with me 7 days , paying her flight and part of resort fees. Was horrible moments with the conditons they had not even time to go to pee and all was calculated. Minutes she was not taking calls , reduced on paycheck was none sense conditions but she kept going everyday 10hrs 50-60hrs /week around. Knowing the reward of one week with me there.

Hope our government to feel those signs and getting to the idea that the relationship is totally real and that nothing will destroy this.

Last edited:

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
My husband picked up his passport today, he will arrive in Canada in a week! So happy this process is over! Good luck everyone still waiting
Like you I am so happy this part of the process is completed , however it’s far from over lol .
I now have the new task of helping my family accustom to life here in Toronto, the cold, the difference , job searches , learning to live together ,schools the list goes on .
Hang in there everyone please stay positive because you will need it once they arrive . Trust me When I say it’s not all roses hahaha
I wish you all the best of luck