App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
That's crazy ! Why do you think your app is taking soo long , what are the potential red flags in your relationship, if any ??
I know right ! No red flags to think of. 34 and 35 years old. Together 3 years. First marriage for both .. I think part of the delay is because we got caught up in the Havana closure and files being transferred to Mexico

But it’s been almost 3 months since receiving the Pre-Arrival email.. thought that we’d have visa by now

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
That's crazy ! Why do you think your app is taking soo long , what are the potential red flags in your relationship, if any ??
I don’t think it’s always about red flags . I truly believe that interviews are becoming the new norm with Canada . I for one agree with an interview . Some may not agree and that’s fine but if they can process and interview within the 12 month timeline then I say it’s great . USA interviews every applicant and I think Canada will start to follow suit .
Like so many others I am in cue for interview and I’m not frustrated at the interview part I’m frustrated at the wait !

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
True it would be fine if then can process an interview within the timeline but these days when you hear about interview , you roll your eyes because you know it's another waiting game again
Anyways keep us updated with everything want to hear how the interview went and all,when the time comes, you seem very confident about it which is totally great.
We are doing an application from Cuba and got a request, Friday, for an interview. We just reached the one year mark. Keep us posted on soon you hear the date. I did hear of someone who got a date within 2 weeks of electing for an interview in POS. But most I know of have waited a couple of months. Makes my heart sink.

Reactions: laport2018

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
True it would be fine if then can process an interview within the timeline but these days when you hear about interview , you roll your eyes because you know it's another waiting game again
Anyways keep us updated with everything want to hear how the interview went and all,when the time comes, you seem very confident about it which is totally great.
Yes the long waits and we did roll our eyes when we got the request lol . We have nothing to worry about which is why we are confident . Now don’t get me wrong , I’m confident yet nervous all at the same time . I have never had someone question my marriage so it’s strange and nerve wracking . Like my husband says there’s nothing they can ask that I wouldn’t know , or wouldn’t be able to explain .
Thank you for your kind words , I will keep you all updated .

Reactions: laleona

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
We are doing an application from Cuba and got a request, Friday, for an interview. We just reached the one year mark. Keep us posted on soon you hear the date. I did hear of someone who got a date within 2 weeks of electing for an interview in POS. But most I know of have waited a couple of months. Makes my heart sink.
Mine too , the not knowing when ! My husband is in Dominican Republic and last interviews there as far as I know were n July Urgh . Some waited 6 months in queue and I’m hoping we get in at least by November .
Don’t worry about the interview , you guys will do great . Just be confident and always speak from the heart and speak the truth .

Reactions: laleona

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I noticed interviews are getting more common but is it just me or is it in a few specific countries?

I think the crappy part is having to wait in cue. Here in Nicaragua there is no Canadian Embassy and as far as I know that means if anyone here is asked for one that means they would have to travel. That sucks as far as missing work and the added expense and all.

anyone else from February been transferred to Mexico yet?

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
My understanding is if there is no visa office they come to you, is that just for the Dominican Republic? I’m sure we will get an interview request and we aren’t worried but it’s just an added wait in an already long process. And yes they seem to focus the interviews on certain countries.

I noticed interviews are getting more common but is it just me or is it in a few specific countries?

I think the crappy part is having to wait in cue. Here in Nicaragua there is no Canadian Embassy and as far as I know that means if anyone here is asked for one that means they would have to travel. That sucks as far as missing work and the added expense and all.

anyone else from February been transferred to Mexico yet?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I guess we all just have to keep waiting and see what happens.

We have been overall pretty positive through this process, we are lucky enough to be together in Nicaragua until the process is over. However we can't help but feel a bit frustrated when we look at the spread sheet for 2019 applicants and you notice that a very high percentage of applicants in Europe and Asia moved so quickly through the process. Some even in 4 5 months time. I have heard it depends on the PA's country of origin and the background check and bla bla, but those people got transferred to their VO's in most cases within 3-4 months. Maybe Mexico is just so backed up they have to hold off on transfers or are they just slower with our applications in Sydney?

I know the spread sheet is only a small sample of the total applications but seems like a pretty fair representation on how slow the process is for us from Central/ South America , Caribbean.

Anyways the bright side for all of us is that this is just temporary and soon enough it will be over and behind us. Keep positive everyone!!! For all 2018 applicants and early 2019 the finish line is in sight!!!!!!

vleurgat

Sep 13, 2019
Told y'all some PPRs are on the way ! Omg soo happy for you , congratulations !!! What's your timeline like ?
It has been a crazy ride. Hopefully we can be in Canada by Christmas time :)

Canada PR (Spouse sponsorship - Outland)

September 25 - Application sent

Oct 4 - Application received

January 7 - USA police certificate request

January 10 - Aor

January 29 - Sponsor Approval

February 1 - File Transfer (Forwarded to CPC-Mississauga)

February 14 - Medical Passed

February 28 - File Transfer (Forwarded to México)

March 21 - Aor 2 | USA police certificate request

October 3 - Pre-arrival letter

October 8 - Decision Made shown on Ecas

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
It has been a crazy ride. Hopefully we can be in Canada by Christmas time :)

Canada PR (Spouse sponsorship - Outland)

September 25 - Application sent

Oct 4 - Application received

January 7 - USA police certificate request

January 10 - Aor

January 29 - Sponsor Approval

February 1 - File Transfer (Forwarded to CPC-Mississauga)

February 14 - Medical Passed

February 28 - File Transfer (Forwarded to México)

March 21 - Aor 2 | USA police certificate request

October 3 - Pre-arrival letter

October 8 - Decision Made shown on Ecas

Congrats!!!! So exciting to see applications finish close to the 12 months, really gives us hope!!

One more step and you guys are SET!!!!!

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
My understanding is if there is no visa office they come to you, is that just for the Dominican Republic? I’m sure we will get an interview request and we aren’t worried but it’s just an added wait in an already long process. And yes they seem to focus the interviews on certain countries.
The interviews are held at the closest Visa office. Dominican Republic has an Embassy so lucky for us its held there, in Santo Domingo. Others such as Cuban applicants are given options to travel to Mexico or Trinidad to do an interview, its incredibly inconvenient for them not to mention an added cost .
We may have extra costs if they dont extend the Medicals before we get an interview date lol.
Have you heard anything about being in queue?

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
No news yet, they just started on our file last week. 2.5 months till 1 year.

The interviews are held at the closest Visa office. Dominican Republic has an Embassy so lucky for us its held there, in Santo Domingo. Others such as Cuban applicants are given options to travel to Mexico or Trinidad to do an interview, its incredibly inconvenient for them not to mention an added cost .
We may have extra costs if they dont extend the Medicals before we get an interview date lol.
Have you heard anything about being in queue?

Reactions: FVPupnorth

Lisaroberts

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
February 2 2018
AOR Received.
Aor may......AOR2 October 28
File Transfer...
May 18 2018
Med's Request
March 28 2018
Med's Done....
Passed
So lawyer just let me know that passport was complete October 4. Hopefully it’s on the way back to Dominican. Still hope for Thanksgiving!!
How do you find out if it was sent back...in transit?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
So lawyer just let me know that passport was complete October 4. Hopefully it’s on the way back to Dominican. Still hope for Thanksgiving!!
How do you find out if it was sent back...in transit?
Yay !!!!!!! Whoop whoop happy dance !!!!! Lol