+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico visa office

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
"In Transit ? " .... Called last week and they said it's still at Sydney but gonna be sent ... yeah right but when damn it ?... They said the same thing in May and June. Same statement... a bit getting tired of those evasive answers.
right. that's why until I see the notes I ordered for myself or get a transfer email, I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Reactions: laport2018

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I feel sick to my stomach now, just spoke with my MP and said a review is going to be held on my application after August 11 for the eligibility. Then that's when they'll proceed with background check*slapforehead*.
She told me if interview is required then it's going take another half a year, which really made my stomach turn. If that's the case my wife won't even be able to travel outside her country(Venezuela). She was telling me something Canada issuing a travel document if she can't renew her passport. What is this travel document? And she can use it to leave her own country with an expired passport with that travel document?

MP will call me back around August 25th, to give VO some time and space for the eligibility review. Medical is complete.

She spoke to senior officers of the ministry. So I'm not sure how truthful that is, because I was explaining my whole background story of our wedding and how we met and how I communicate with the younger brother of my wife. She's on the phone "mmhmmmm, yes,mmmmm". I know from there she can't do much more but check status of the application.

The only thing that alarmed her is when I told her why I took so long to apply for sponsorship when I got married in late September 2016. Is that really an alarming alert to everyone? Even my lawyer tone of voice changed when I told them why I took so long to apply for the application. I'm feeling it now. :(
eTa maybe ?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
right. that's why until I see the notes I ordered for myself or get a transfer email, I take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Waiting those notes too.. ordered on June 26th...

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Exactly !

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I feel sick to my stomach now, just spoke with my MP and said a review is going to be held on my application after August 11 for the eligibility. Then that's when they'll proceed with background check*slapforehead*.
She told me if interview is required then it's going take another half a year, which really made my stomach turn. If that's the case my wife won't even be able to travel outside her country(Venezuela). She was telling me Canada will issue a travel document if she can't renew her passport. What is this travel document? And she can use it to leave her own country with an expired passport with that travel document?

MP will call me back around August 25th, to give VO some time and space for the eligibility review. Medical is complete.

She spoke to senior officers of the ministry. So I'm not sure how truthful that is, because I was explaining my whole background story of our wedding and how we met and how I communicate with the younger brother of my wife. She's on the phone "mmhmmmm, yes,mmmmm". I know from there she can't do much more but check status of the application.

The only thing that alarmed her is when I told her why I took so long to apply for sponsorship when I got married in late September 2016. Is that really an alarming alert to everyone? Even my lawyer tone of voice changed when I told them why I took so long to apply for the application. I'm feeling it now. :(
from reading your post, there is a lot of "IFS". I count not imagine being in your position but eligibility doesn't take a load of time and again the interview part is a BIG IF.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
She didn't specifically say what it is. But is that really the last resort if her passport is expired?
Well ETA is an authorization of Travel that basically replace a Visa ...

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
She told me if interview is required then it's going take another half a year, which really made my stomach turn. If that's the case my wife won't even be able to travel outside her country(Venezuela). She was telling me Canada will issue a travel document if she can't renew her passport. What is this travel document? And she can use it to leave her own country with an expired passport with that travel document?

stay positive, as long as your MP stays on top of it and they are able to keep track of things and talk to the right people.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
from reading your post, there is a lot of "IFS". I count not imagine being in your position but eligibility doesn't take a load of time and again the interview part is a BIG IF.
Yeah how does the eligibility take like 4 months from March 1, 2019 when they said my wife application is being processed. I'm surprised they didn't even ask for more documents to support the application yet. Cause my wedding was a destination civil wedding with no family members but witness and translators there with us with pictures and identification of the witness and translators.

If there's interview required, I'm surprised they didn't even ask for passport request if that's going take another 6 months. It's July now. So in January 2020??? My god.

What is the average time frame from BGC to PPR?

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
stay positive, as long as your MP stays on top of it and they are able to keep track of things and talk to the right people.
Yeah the MP said everything on my application looks good so far. But I question it cause if it looks good how is eligibility still not in review or passed

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Yeah how does the eligibility take like 4 months from March 1, 2019 when they said my wife application is being processed. I'm surprised they didn't even ask for more documents to support the application yet. Cause my wedding was a destination civil wedding with no family members but witness and translators there with us with pictures and identification of the witness and translators.

If there's interview required, I'm surprised they didn't even ask for passport request if that's going take another 6 months. It's July now. So in January 2020??? My god.

What is the average time frame from BGC to PPR?
take a deep breath my friend. no one knows how long BCG takes to tell you the truth. have you tried ordering notes? Have you been told anything about criminality or security? did he complete bio and medicals? They may not need additional proof at this point, who knows.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
take a deep breath my friend. no one knows how long BCG takes to tell you the truth. have you tried ordering notes? Have you been told anything about criminality or security? did he complete bio and medicals? They may not need additional proof at this point, who knows.
Notes not ordered yet. Going look into it tonight. No criminal background, from the police certificate.

Medical was completed in January 2019. No biometric asked as of now.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
never mind @calvinw06 I see you time line is from September 2018. So yes I think you need to relax a bit. They could most certainly be working on eligibility and I would not start to freak out until you pass the year mark. ordering notes would be best right now. takes 30 days and maybe in the next 30 days there will be some clear answers in the notes as you are close to the year mark.

Reactions: laport2018

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Notes not ordered yet. Going look into it tonight. No criminal background, from the police certificate.

Medical was completed in January 2019. No biometric asked as of now.
has anyone given you a answer regarding the biometrics. it's quite strange you have not gotten the request yet.