Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Before you guys call this propaganda for Quebec , i 've found this news :(

Those are Official declarations, just saying :

"The CAQ lowered the quota to 19,500 this year, meaning even more of those 41,200 files won't be processed until 2020 at the earliest, and some will wait two years."

So to resume , we are minimum 41200 asking to enter Quebec as permanent residence in collaboration with IRCC in 2019 and... we are 21000 around on wait if they only accept 19 500.

Call this the way you want , but there's no way we gonna pass that sooner here...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/immigration-quebec-ottawa-1.5035880

Last edited:

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Yaaaayyy!! Got an email from IRCC with letter attached saying our file has been transferred to Mexico Visa Office!! :D

It's exactly 9 months as of today that our file has been in the system so there is still hope, as far as I'm concerned, that we can make the one year mark. I choose to stay positive no matter what and look for miracles, because they do happen!

Smile with the good stuff because crap happens along the way anyhow, so don't look for it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: dorkismalorkis

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Excellent!! There is hope we'll get there someday! :cool:

I've been watching your application for awhile because we both have Costa Rican spouses and will eventually have to deal with the Mexico VO. So glad you made it, girl. Hopefully, ours won't be too far behind ... maybe like end of October ... please??!! :rolleyes:

Could you keep us posted, so we know how things are going?

Sure will.... well, as of today, I checked our account and we haven't heard any updates.
Application status says 57 DAYS remaining... on GC KEY.

I fly back to Costa Rica for 3 months.... After the Canadian Thanksgiving with baby to be with my husband.
This tells you how confident I am that the application WILL NOT be processed by year end. I KNOW, it won't be done by Xmas. Can almost guarantee it, based on other applications submitted ahead of ours that aren't yet finished.

I am set to fly back to Canada Mid January.... We seriously do not expect my husband will be able to come here in the early new year.

I estimate, he may be approved early SPRING 2020. Will definitely keep you updated. Wish I had a better outlook for you, but I am basing this information on the current state of the MEXICO VO.

Last edited:
Reactions: FVPupnorth

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Yeah but that doesn't explain WHY app have stayed there 5 months and not even transferred , not even touched. i still have hope on the 12 months but they should give us some following , there's nothing is what annoy me the most.

You call , "your app is perfect , going fine" then you hear that it hasn't moved an inch during the last 5 months..... imagine it's a "perfect app"...lol can only imagine for those that aren't ha.
Canada's relationships/ deals with certain places in the world....

Speculation commonwealth countries have priority for sure.
Also highly suspect there are mandates to accept #s of immigrants from certain places, like Somolia, India, Africa UK, etc ... much faster.
Why isn't the system even remotely uniform when dealing with Central America...?

I posted in this thread about the plausibilities of slow Mexico VO, are they paid a mexican wage? Average wages in Mexico are very low. This wouldn't be much incentive to process anything faster. If there is such a backlog in Mexico.... Why wouldn't IRCC hire more workers to meet demand? Are there increased security checks for Central America...? Does it have to do with the applicants' net income?

Some family friends
have speculated to me... after working with students from India who are flooding my hometown of Peterborough Ontario, (with little to show for their incredible academic credentials), that they simply have VERY, VERY RICH families, who are bringing a lot of wealth to Canada. A family friend said, "These kids have come here as students with these fancy educations and can barely do percentages in math, but they all had 3 butlers at home in India ... they are lost here doing things for themselves but parents send a steady supply of $$$$"

The possibilities are endless...

Reactions: FVPupnorth

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Sure will.... well, as of today, I checked our account and we haven't heard any updates.
Application status says 57 DAYS remaining... on GC KEY.

I fly back to Costa Rica for 3 months.... After the Canadian Thanksgiving with baby to be with my husband.
This tells you how confident I am that the application WILL NOT be processed by year end. I KNOW, it won't be done by Xmas. Can almost guarantee it, based on other applications submitted ahead of ours that aren't yet finished.

I am set to fly back to Canada Mid January.... We seriously do not expect my husband will be able to come here in the early new year.

I estimate, he may be approved early SPRING 2020. Will definitely keep you updated. Wish I had a better outlook for you, but I am basing this information on the current state of the MEXICO VO.
Yup, just waiting ... always waiting it seems. As you saw we got our file transferred today and I don't expect to be done by the end of this year either, maybe by our one year mark (Jan 4th) if we're lucky or shortly after. The weather will be better in March than January in Canada anyway for a warm climate guy. :p

Appreciate you comments and will stay tuned for future developments. It's just good to see movement!

I'll still be in CR when you get down here, maybe we can get together. I sent you a private message the other day, maybe you can answer there about personal stuff.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019

Also highly suspect there are mandates to accept #s of immigrants from certain places, like Somolia, India, Africa UK, etc ... much faster.
Why isn't the system even remotely uniform when dealing with Central America...?

I posted in this thread about the plausibilities of slow Mexico VO, are they paid a mexican wage? Average wages in Mexico are very low. This wouldn't be much incentive to process anything faster. If there is such a backlog in Mexico.... Why wouldn't IRCC hire more workers to meet demand? Are there increased security checks for Central America...? Does it have to do with the applicants' net income?

Some family friends
have speculated to me... after working with students from India who are flooding my hometown of Peterborough Ontario, (with little to show for their incredible academic credentials), that they simply have VERY, VERY RICH families, who are bringing a lot of wealth to Canada. A family friend said, "These kids have come here as students with these fancy educations and can barely do percentages in math, but they all had 3 butlers at home in India ... they are lost here doing things for themselves but parents send a steady supply of $$$$"

We got an email after several I had sent for follow ups that we are in queue for interview . Finally some news ...... but no date for interview as of yet . Wishing you luck in your process :)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
We got an email after several I had sent for follow ups that we are in queue for interview . Finally some news ...... but no date for interview as of yet . Wishing you luck in your process :)
interview ? ugh , well as you say at least it moved.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

Some family friends

A day the truth will be public , someone will do a mistake and the real version gonna be told.

Karma they say and if they have played on us... well some will pay.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
interview ? ugh , well as you say at least it moved.
Yes c and to be perfectly honest it’s becoming more normal . I’m not sure why some people paint the interview as a bad thing . They obviously have some questions they would like answered but it doesn’t mean someone’s marriage isn’t genuine .
We are happy to have some news ..... and now we wait again for a date :)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Yes c and to be perfectly honest it’s becoming more normal . I’m not sure why some people paint the interview as a bad thing . They obviously have some questions they would like answered but it doesn’t mean someone’s marriage isn’t genuine .
We are happy to have some news ..... and now we wait again for a date :)
Well , personally i would like to avoid this , cause that's ALSO fees to go there at Mexico and that's a BIG delay of the application. Heard they do interview in batch around twice a year so... and that's a lot of complication for PA to even go there. i don't know if she would need to ask for a VISA for one day there ?? (she's not allowed to enter Mexio's area with her nationality , not visa exempt, that's also issue.

But yes finally some news i guess it's moving along.

Last edited:

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Well , personally i would like to avoid this , cause that's ALSO fees to go there at Mexico and that's a BIG delay of the application. Heard they do interview in batch around twice a year so... and that's a lot of complication for PA to even go there. i don't know if she would need to ask for a VISA for one day there ?? (she's not allowed to enter Mexio's area with her nationality , not visa exempt, that's also issue.

But yes finally some news i guess it's moving along.
In our case the interview is held in Santo Domingo in my husbands country , so not such a huge travel problem for him , if I can go depending on when it’s scheduled then yes that will be the expense . What else can you do . I knew this wasn’t going to be an easy process and to be honest yes it’s a set back in waiting and money .... but to have my family here it’s all going to be worth it .

Reactions: waitingtoheartoo

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
In our case the interview is held in Santo Domingo in my husbands country , so not such a huge travel problem for him , if I can go depending on when it’s scheduled then yes that will be the expense . What else can you do . I knew this wasn’t going to be an easy process and to be honest yes it’s a set back in waiting and money .... but to have my family here it’s all going to be worth it .
Well i guess at least they don't make him travel. I'm most apprehending the fact that they gonna ask (if so) the interview to be held at Mexico and not her central american country.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Well i guess at least they don't make him travel. I'm most apprehending the fact that they gonna ask (if so) the interview to be held at Mexico and not her central american country.
Depending on where she is from . You should do some research to find out if they have an embassy in her country where interviews are conducted .

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Depending on where she is from . You should do some research to find out if they have an embassy in her country where interviews are conducted .
Guatemala is my guess. Anyway for now we aren't at that stage and hope we won't go this way :p

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
We just got an interview notice today. As we are Cuban applicants, we chose to go to Trinidad for the interview. So I answered with that response today, and now we wait for a date. I heard of someone who was told they needed an interview 3 weeks ago getting a date for December.