+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico police certificate

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hello,
I've only heard similar experiences to yours about the Mexican consulate in Vancouver. My experience is that the Montreal ones are really helpful.
Write to Isabel at this email
docmon03@sre.gob.mx
Tell her that you need an appointment to get the letter and to please tell you where to get your fingerprints.
She offered me a same day appointment and I picked up my letter 3 working days after. But I read that if you're coming from far away they can help you make everything on the same day.

Good luck!

Do you have copr now? whats the status of your inland application?

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
Do you have copr now? whats the status of your inland application?
Hello :)
No update from IRCC so far.

I'm unsure about their timing because they say their processing time is of 6 months when they receive a full application. So my doubt is if that time started not until I uploaded my Mexican police certificate.

Anyway, will keep you posted if I get good news :)

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
No update from IRCC so far.

I'm unsure about their timing because they say their processing time is of 6 months when they receive a full application. So my doubt is if that time started not until I uploaded my Mexican police certificate.

Anyway, will keep you posted if I get good news :)
Hello!

I just got today my Passport Request (PPR) (13-Oct-23). I'll send my documents and in the next 30 days IRCC will confirm the permanent residency.

:)

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
As far as I know, it is not longer allowed to get the PCC from Mexico on your own. It actually says it has to be through the Embassy of Canada in MExico

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
As far as I know, it is not longer allowed to get the PCC from Mexico on your own. It actually says it has to be through the Embassy of Canada in MExico
If you can get the document they require which is the “constancia de datos registrales”, which is not easy to get, you would need a letter from a consulate or an embassy, it’s worth trying… otherwise they will take 6+ centuries, sorry, months to submit this document to IRCC.

Edilbertolg

Feb 11, 2023
I quote
"If you live outside of Mexico, you won’t receive the original police certificate. It will be uploaded directly to our system.

If you try to submit this police certificate on your own, we won’t accept it."

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
Hi there. I just shipped all my documents to my family member in Mexico… my question is, did IRCC accept the PCC that you got on your own and submitted?
Yes, IRCC accepted the Mexican police certificate. I uploaded it to my profile and had no indication of them or anything going wrong.

Good luck with your application! Let us know how it's going

Reactions: andymro28

Verosa

Aug 8, 2023
Yes, IRCC accepted the Mexican police certificate. I uploaded it to my profile and had no indication of them or anything going wrong.

Good luck with your application! Let us know how it's going
Hello Andy!

The PCC (Police certificate) I got also said it was issued by request of the letter from the Mexican Consulate in Montreal.
But that is not where I live.

IRCC did not mentioned anything at all about my submited Mexican PCC. The just OK'd it.
But you can always add an explanation letter when you submit your document if you feel you need to clarify this point.

• Love
Reactions: andymro28

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hello Andy!

The PCC (Police certificate) I got also said it was issued by request of the letter from the Mexican Consulate in Montreal.
But that is not where I live.

IRCC did not mentioned anything at all about my submited Mexican PCC. The just OK'd it.
But you can always add an explanation letter when you submit your document if you feel you need to clarify this point.
Thank you so much!
If you don’t mind me asking how long after you submitted the translated PCC they approved your PR?