+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexican boyfriend visiting me in Canada.

Knicole

Jan 29, 2018
Hi all,
Me and my boyfriend will be travelling together from Mexico to Canada, I am a Canadian citizen and I just spent 4 months with him in Mexico. He’s visiting Canada for 2 weeks for his first time ever. No travel history. He’s 19 years old.

I have been flagged by the Canadian border.. I had marijuana seeds in my suitcase 2 years ago after coming back from a trip with my boyfriend. They asked me who I was with and his birthday. I wrote it down and asked if this will affect him. She said “no he will just get searched”

Does this mean they put his name on some sort of list? I don’t want what I didn’t to affect him or give him less of a chance of getting into Canada.

Also what things should we have prepared to show? We have a letter from his job, proof of funds, passport, eta, and a letter from my dad stating he will be staying at my house. Also I will be there.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi all,
Me and my boyfriend will be travelling together from Mexico to Canada, I am a Canadian citizen and I just spent 4 months with him in Mexico. He’s visiting Canada for 2 weeks for his first time ever. No travel history. He’s 19 years old.

I have been flagged by the Canadian border.. I had marijuana seeds in my suitcase 2 years ago after coming back from a trip with my boyfriend. They asked me who I was with and his birthday. I wrote it down and asked if this will affect him. She said “no he will just get searched”

Does this mean they put his name on some sort of list? I don’t want what I didn’t to affect him or give him less of a chance of getting into Canada.

Also what things should we have prepared to show? We have a letter from his job, proof of funds, passport, eta, and a letter from my dad stating he will be staying at my house. Also I will be there.
Since he already has his eTA, those are fine. Yes, he will likely be searched at the port of entry, but as long as he doesn't have any prohibited items, then he should be fine.

Knicole

Jan 29, 2018
Since he already has his eTA, those are fine. Yes, he will likely be searched at the port of entry, but as long as he doesn't have any prohibited items, then he should be fine.
Perfect! You think my thing will affect his chances of getting in? Or he will only be searched?

Canadian84

Mar 31, 2018
Thank you, I appreciate your feed back, I am just too nervous the CBSA will not like that I am staying too long each visit, and won't let me in, that would break our hearts!