+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

message to Indian specifically on PCC

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Since most of you guys get rejected just because of PCC date etc which is so sad. Can't you guys write to your government or the authority in charge of issuing the PCC to make alternative or a different format of PCC for Canadian Express Entry.

I feel for you guys each time I go through rejected page and see is just because of PCC. Maybe Im wrong or is just some guys not getting it right.

Please advice yourself on the right process to get a proper certificate.

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Right way is to get PCC fromPSK in India. Still people are submitting PCC from police stations and getting rejected.

In India, we get PCC from PSK within 2 hrs. Its extremely convenient.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun22 said:
Right way is to get PCC fromPSK in India. Still people are submitting PCC from police stations and getting rejected.

In India, we get PCC from PSK within 2 hrs. Its extremely convenient.
Hi Varun,

Does PCC from PSK covers PCC for all the locations/addresses & their corresponding duration? What all docs do we need to carry to PSK?

Thanks

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
softwaretesting said:
Hi Varun,

Does PCC from PSK covers PCC for all the locations/addresses & their corresponding duration? What all docs do we need to carry to PSK?

Thanks
PCC from PSK will not contain any address or date, it'll contain your passport no, passport issue date, issue place ...

to obtain PCC from PSK, book an online appointment (you'll get the list of docs on the website)

shubhang_18

Star Member
May 30, 2015
i have submitted PCC from Police commissioner Office from My City where i leave. will that PCC not be accepted ??

This same PCC got me Nomination from one of the province.

I am expecting reply for PPR in couple of months..

if any one can highlight on my issue whether PCC from Police Commissioner office will be valid

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
I have found that the format of PCC issued by PSK is exactly the same as issued by the Indian embassies abroad.
This is the best thing to do. Obtain the PCC from PSK.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shubhang_18 said:
i have submitted PCC from Police commissioner Office from My City where i leave. will that PCC not be accepted ??

This same PCC got me Nomination from one of the province.

I am expecting reply for PPR in couple of months..

if any one can highlight on my issue whether PCC from Police Commissioner office will be valid
Provinces have nothing to do with PCC. If your PCC details do not match with Address history section or contains time-bound or geography-bound elements or both, your application may well be refused.

shubhang_18

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Provinces have nothing to do with PCC. If your PCC details do not match with Address history section or contains time-bound or geography-bound elements or both, your application may well be refused.
thks asivad.. that is matching... but i hope PCC from Police commissioner office is not a issue ?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hello, after reading all these frustrating posts about pcc based refusals, I just wonder, are there any applicants that are being firstly requested to submit the missing document or literally evry application with such an issue is directly rejected?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
Hello, after reading all these frustrating posts about pcc based refusals, I just wonder, are there any applicants that are being firstly requested to submit the missing document or literally evry application with such an issue is directly rejected?
Rejected upfront - CIC has traded in empathy for efficiency.

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCC through PSK is the right way. Please read below of how to go about with applying for PCC via PSK anywhere in India.

Go on the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) website and make an account. Go for the PCC option. You will have to fill the form, give 2 people's names (Family, friends or neighbours) along with their address and phone numbers. Pay online or via SBI bank, it's around Rs. 500 for PCC. Then choose your date of appointment and centre. You will need only your passport (a copy of front page, back page and the passport officer's signature page), aadhar card (just keep another identification document from the Gov. of India, just in case) and the acknowledgement receipt to show at the PSK reception desk. They will send you to counter A for online form filling and photo clicking (the photo will be in grey so doesn't matter what you wear), then they'll send you to counter B for verification and questioning and then to counter C. If all is ok, you'll get the PCC and get your passport stamped. They may ask you to wait for Police verification, in which case the local police office will try to contact you in 4-5 days. You will have to go to the police office with ALL DOCUMENTS (Phone bill, electricity Bill, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, SSC/HSC Certificates, Photographs, Passport Old/New and some other) according to the receipt given by the police officer. It usually takes a week or two after submitting your documents at the police office. You'll receive a notification (SMS or email) that your PCC is ready and you'll have to go and collect it from the PSK you applied to.

PS: Take a early morning appointment otherwise you might have to wait for 3-4 hours or more to reach counter C.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Rejected upfront - CIC has traded in empathy for efficiency.
But in other threads I read how people are asked for additional documents (usually not specified), they submit those and everything goes all right after that. However I don't understand why they are so suspicious about this pcc paper. For example in my country all pcc are issued by a single governmental authority - the ministry of foreign afairs. They have their common format - name, date of birth (note, there is no passport details), the residing address - it is the address that people are registered at and it is always mentioned in the passport, so that the people making the pcc even don't ask you where you actually live, they simply take it from your passport, and in the end it states that the person is and has always been clear. So, no time bound at all, and it is obvious that the paper is issued by a federal agency, not at the city or province scale. I believe that it means that no matter in which city or district you have ever lived within the country, if you had done smt wrong it would not be possible to obtain a clear pcc. My only concerns regarding the pcc are is the pcc of my spouse. She has always lived in the same city, just moved to my place after marriage, however in her pcc it's mentioned 'residing in address as per passport'. I think like this, if they issue this document in a single format and so many people are possible to leave the country for PR using it, should I just calm down and hope everything will be ok then?

shubhang_18

Star Member
May 30, 2015
rhy2014 said:
PCC through PSK is the right way. Please read below of how to go about with applying for PCC via PSK anywhere in India.

Go on the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) website and make an account. Go for the PCC option. You will have to fill the form, give 2 people's names (Family, friends or neighbours) along with their address and phone numbers. Pay online or via SBI bank, it's around Rs. 500 for PCC. Then choose your date of appointment and centre. You will need only your passport (a copy of front page, back page and the passport officer's signature page), aadhar card (just keep another identification document from the Gov. of India, just in case) and the acknowledgement receipt to show at the PSK reception desk. They will send you to counter A for online form filling and photo clicking (the photo will be in grey so doesn't matter what you wear), then they'll send you to counter B for verification and questioning and then to counter C. If all is ok, you'll get the PCC and get your passport stamped. They may ask you to wait for Police verification, in which case the local police office will try to contact you in 4-5 days. You will have to go to the police office with ALL DOCUMENTS (Phone bill, electricity Bill, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, SSC/HSC Certificates, Photographs, Passport Old/New and some other) according to the receipt given by the police officer. It usually takes a week or two after submitting your documents at the police office. You'll receive a notification (SMS or email) that your PCC is ready and you'll have to go and collect it from the PSK you applied to.

PS: Take a early morning appointment otherwise you might have to wait for 3-4 hours or more to reach counter C.

quote from CIC wbsite. PSK is not compulsory.

If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shubhang_18 said:
quote from CIC wbsite. PSK is not compulsory.

If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.
There are many posts over here about being rejected for providing a PCC from the police station. It would be better to do it via PSK as it is not time/region bound.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
But in other threads I read how people are asked for additional documents (usually not specified), they submit those and everything goes all right after that. However I don't understand why they are so suspicious about this pcc paper. For example in my country all pcc are issued by a single governmental authority - the ministry of foreign afairs. They have their common format - name, date of birth (note, there is no passport details), the residing address - it is the address that people are registered at and it is always mentioned in the passport, so that the people making the pcc even don't ask you where you actually live, they simply take it from your passport, and in the end it states that the person is and has always been clear. So, no time bound at all, and it is obvious that the paper is issued by a federal agency, not at the city or province scale. I believe that it means that no matter in which city or district you have ever lived within the country, if you had done smt wrong it would not be possible to obtain a clear pcc. My only concerns regarding the pcc are is the pcc of my spouse. She has always lived in the same city, just moved to my place after marriage, however in her pcc it's mentioned 'residing in address as per passport'. I think like this, if they issue this document in a single format and so many people are possible to leave the country for PR using it, should I just calm down and hope everything will be ok then?
Depends. Refusal on PCC grounds almost always happens without asking for clarifications from the applicant. Under EE, CIC aims to process most applications in 6 months or less. Hence this attitude of refusing applications upfront rather than asking the applicants to clarify something. Provinces still seem to be following the old habits of giving the applicants a chance at explaining their position - CIC has been brutal since 2015.

As for your spouse's PCC, it will be fine if their Address history in the EE application doesn't show any other address within the same country.