+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEP, IP1, IP2, etc: Application stages and what they mean

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
I would encourage applicants to take these IP1/IP2/NA1...etc with a grain of salt.
I submitted my application and immediately got "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Even before passing medicals...
Maybe I'm wrong of course, but just doesn't seem to make much sense for now as far as I'm concerned.
Agree. I also got ""We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Just after I submitted my application. Waiting to see when they give the Medical Passed Status.

deegy

Nov 13, 2018
Hello everyone! I would like to know whether these stages (e.g IP1 IP2, NA, etc) are also applicable in the Study Permit application to Canada? Appreciate any response. :)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone! I would like to know whether these stages (e.g IP1 IP2, NA, etc) are also applicable in the Study Permit application to Canada? Appreciate any response. :)
They're not applicable or reliable at all. Don't follow those indicators.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I am not sure what was the status after I submitted the application but after a week, I see that BG check shows we are processing your background check. Medicals are not passed yet. I see UCI number assigned to all the applicants in the profile.
Does it mean there had been some progress on the application? Or it's just as is since the day of submission?

sabi_d

Jun 26, 2018
Agree. I also got ""We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Just after I submitted my application. Waiting to see when they give the Medical Passed Status.
Same for me too

Reactions: anu1990

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Guys need urgent help..i am cec inland of jan10 2019 aor, bgc says its in progress and mep but i am more worried about the eligibility part, when does it goes to completed?

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
In my opinion, the fact that you were able to create and submit an EE profile means you are eligible. When you created your EE profile, it showed which stream you were eligible. Therefore, unless you entered and/or submitted false claims about your details, you are definitely eligible. The only question is when will they officially change your eligibility status, but for sure it will come.

Reactions: Raginne

Yue

Aug 18, 2018
1.5 month after I submit the application, it shows medical passeed and We are processing your background check. It also tells me I need to upload additional file Schedule A. How long does it take to the next step....

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
NA1
- "Not Applicable" 1: Background check says "Not Applicable", usually right after submission.
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam."
IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially inland and CEC) skip this stage.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed.
IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon)
Ghost update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

These are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track processing of applications.

How much is the general processing time from IP2 to PPR or COPR

rupinderk29

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
New
hello sir
i want to know that how can i know about my updated status of express entry file
i have submitted my file on October 17th,2018 and it is showing the following results
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
  • You passed the medical exam.
  • We do not need additional documents
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
what does it mean? how can i know about the status and it also shows remaining days on the graph which are 36. but after medical i still do not get any updation from last 3 months .
please help me to find out some way