10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Hi everyone!

I have already sent my application, but I'm curious to know how deeply you talked about your future plans as a couple in your applications.. We did not mention too many details, something very general, we focused more on the present and I don't know if that's ok.. We basically mentioned we admire Canada and we see it as a perfect place to raise a family, this is why we wish to settle here, and we dream of getting a house someday and two kids..
And a dog and a cat.. ;D

Should we have explained more?
Thanks for your answers!

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
We pretty much did the same thing.

We explained the reasons behind our choice to relocate to Canada as opposed to my wife moving to the UK and put the emphasis on our wishes to start and raise a family in Canada.

All was noted generally rather than in great depth however.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
We didn't put it in our cover letter, but both wrote personal letters along with our applications which outlined our history, our feelings for each other, and our plans for the future. I said things like how I would change my name after he arrives, that my kids are looking forward to meeting him (actually, all three kids wrote letters saying what they want to do with him, teach him to swim, play hockey, go to movies) that we plan to live in St Albert, he will work, we can't wait to have children together. Basic stuff.

paris_roc

Aug 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobshynoswife said:
We didn't put it in our cover letter, but both wrote personal letters along with our applications which outlined our history, our feelings for each other, and our plans for the future. I said things like how I would change my name after he arrives, that my kids are looking forward to meeting him (actually, all three kids wrote letters saying what they want to do with him, teach him to swim, play hockey, go to movies) that we plan to live in St Albert, he will work, we can't wait to have children together. Basic stuff.
St. Albert, I am from Edmonton! Also, I did not write a "cover letter" per say, but I did write a 2 page (single spaced) letter outlining how our relationship developed and our activities together, and contact throughout our time apart.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Thanks everyone for your answers!

bobshynoswife said:
That is so sweet! I'm glad your husband has landed already, congratulations! :)