+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mentioning Foreign Work Experience in EE Profile

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
I have the following foreign work experience:
NOC 2232 - Employment duration: September 13, 2015, to August 07, 2016
For this position, while filling out my express entry profile, the CRS system is rewarding me 26 points for foreign work experience and my total score is 472. Do I have to mention this job position in this type of conflicted situation? If the CIC officer does not consider it as one year of experience, then is there a chance of me getting banned from the immigration process? Please Help! Thank you

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
I have the following foreign work experience:
NOC 2232 - Employment duration: September 13, 2015, to August 07, 2016
For this position, while filling out my express entry profile, the CRS system is rewarding me 26 points for foreign work experience and my total score is 472. Do I have to mention this job position in this type of conflicted situation? If the CIC officer does not consider it as one year of experience, then is there a chance of me getting banned from the immigration process? Please Help! Thank you
The IRCC system calculates work experience by calculating months and not actual days worked in the month. IRCC is aware some applicants are receiving an ITA a month or two early and we advise the candidate not to delay their eAPR or turn down the invitation IF the work experience is continuing. If the work genuinely ended before accumulating one year of work however, they should decline the invitation.

IRCC examining officers are aware of this, and when looking at the application they will take into consideration factors such as the continuous work status, the Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and whether the applicant reached the experience required by the time the application is processed.

Reactions: Islander216

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Thank you so much for your response! As a matter of fact I don’t have complete one year of experience, considering that can I apply without mentioning this experience prior to ITA and will mention this experience in my personal history once I get an ETA? Thank you so much again. Your help is really appreciated.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Thank you so much for your response! As a matter of fact I don’t have complete one year of experience, considering that can I apply without mentioning this experience prior to ITA and will mention this experience in my personal history once I get an ETA? Thank you so much again. Your help is really appreciated.
Yes if you are not claiming points for this work ex, you don't need to put this in your EE profile but you can put this under the personal history section in e-APR.

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Yes if you are not claiming points for this work ex, you don't need to put this in your EE profile but you can put this under the personal history section in e-APR.
Thank you for this information. I was filling out my profile and accidentally put NO to the question “Have you applied to IRCC before?” In immigration section of EE and created my profile. I later realized the ans should be YES as I have my work permit and hence UCI. Can I update that answer to yes and enter my work permit’s UCI in this profile itself or I have to make a new one? Please help. Thank you!

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Hello, I have a quick question. Should I mention work history of my wife in express entry or post ITA in personal history? Please help. My points are 461. Want to make changes before getting an ITA if needed. Thank you!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello, I have a quick question. Should I mention work history of my wife in express entry or post ITA in personal history? Please help. My points are 461. Want to make changes before getting an ITA if needed. Thank you!
If the work experience for spouse is not Canadian you get no points so you can mention that work experience in personal history post ITA.

Reactions: Miracle2018

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
The IRCC system calculates work experience by calculating months and not actual days worked in the month. IRCC is aware some applicants are receiving an ITA a month or two early and we advise the candidate not to delay their eAPR or turn down the invitation IF the work experience is continuing. If the work genuinely ended before accumulating one year of work however, they should decline the invitation.

IRCC examining officers are aware of this, and when looking at the application they will take into consideration factors such as the continuous work status, the Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and whether the applicant reached the experience required by the time the application is processed.
Hi ankita,

You have been of so much help till now. I am in big trouble. please help me urgently. I have only 26 days left to submit my application.
Here is my case:
We just got my wife's dependent work visa and she lives in India.
I just realize that the names of my wife's parents have been interchanged by mistake in the family info form in her work visa application.
As this is incorrect information, how am I supposed to correct it during my express entry application? Please advise. Thank you so much for any guidance you can give.