+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Menber

Saraah

Jun 14, 2019
I received a request like proof of citizenship and/or search of citizenship records.I have applied for family sponsorship application and my file was transferred to los angeles for further reference.I want complete details regarding this document request the requested document screenshot is attached below for your reference. I tried calling cic but I am not getting any help what we have to do since I leave in USA and my application was submitted on September 10 2018

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Can’t see the image.

Are you a Canadian citizen? How did you get citizenship? They are asking for proof that you are Canadian.

Saraah

Jun 14, 2019
I am not a Canadian citizien. I just saw when I scrolled down under gckey but it’s not showing me on ecas. They gave me 2 option either continue or delete it. When I click under continue section there are form to fill my general information my name ,birth date , country.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not a Canadian citizien. I just saw when I scrolled down under gckey but it’s not showing me on ecas. They gave me 2 option either continue or delete it. When I click under continue section there are form to fill my general information my name ,birth date , country.
It's not at all clear what you have applied for. What kind of application have you submitted?

Saraah

Jun 14, 2019
For permanent residence I am just waiting for my background check they haven’t started my background check

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For permanent residence I am just waiting for my background check they haven’t started my background check
How have you applied for permanent residency? Through which program? You need to provide full details if you want help.

Saraah

Jun 14, 2019
It's not at all clear what you have applied for. What kind of application have you submitted?
I already mention above I am applied for permanent residence. I am a September 2018 applicant.Application Submitted Date = 10th september 2018.
File transferred to los angeles = 6th february 2019
file went under processed = 21th february 2019
Country of birth India
Currently staying in USA as f1

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I already mention above I am applied for permanent residence. I am a September 2018 applicant.Application Submitted Date = 10th september 2018.
File transferred to los angeles = 6th february 2019
file went under processed = 21th february 2019
Country of birth India
Currently staying in USA as f1
You never answered our question.

From your reply... I am guessing that you apply as a spouse. (your Canadian citizen or PR spouse is sponsoring you)

If that's the case, having your file transferred to LA means a further look into your current status and your relationship.

Again, what kind of document is IRCC requesting?

Telling us that you apply for PR doesn't give us any more information. There are MANY ways to apply for PR.
PNP, spousal, Express entry, skill worker, coming as dependent of PGP, sponsor by parents if you still qualified as their dependent and they declared you as non-accompanying when they applied for PR.....etc.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I received a request like proof of citizenship and/or search of citizenship records.
BTW both proof of citizenship or search of citizenship records are for Canadian citizens to request a search of their official documents to show their citizenship.

I don't see that applicable in your case. Do they have doubt of the citizenship status of your sponsor?

Saraah

Jun 14, 2019
How have you applied for permanent residency? Through which program? You need to provide full details if you want help.
You never answered our question.

From your reply... I am guessing that you apply as a spouse. (your Canadian citizen or PR spouse is sponsoring you)

If that's the case, having your file transferred to LA means a further look into your current status and your relationship.

Again, what kind of document is IRCC requesting?

Telling us that you apply for PR doesn't give us any more information. There are MANY ways to apply for PR.
PNP, spousal, Express entry, skill worker, coming as dependent of PGP, sponsor by parents if you still qualified as their dependent and they declared you as non-accompanying when they applied for PR.....etc.
I am trying to upload the image but it’s not letting me do that. My husbands is applying for me they ask for Proof of citizenship or search of citizenship record but I am Indian and staying in USA

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I am trying to upload the image but it’s not letting me do that. My husbands is applying for me they ask for Proof of citizenship or search of citizenship record but I am Indian and staying in USA
Then they want your husband’s proof of citizenship. What did you provide them as proof of that so far?