18-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Passport Req..
Already Provided
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2014
arandas said:
let's hope that all my fears come faulty, and we get the visa.

I have a question, If i paid the tuition fee and then i failed to get the visa could i make refund to all the money which i have paid?

Soory for late reply i did not visit forum for some time and Yes the payment will be refunded if you fail to get the visa.

based on the program website: w ww.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php
Duration:Graduate diploma, MASc, MEng: 1-2 years
what i understand based on this and based on the number of courses written in the acceptance letter (6) this program normally students finish it in 1 year but it could be extended to two years. But for the tuition fees, Based on this pdf (w ww.mun.ca/sgs/MinimumExpense.pdf) which should be printed and applied with the acceptance letter that you have to pay the tuition of 9 semesters with 420$ fee of each semester Regardless of the period in which you finished the program.
Thanks for your detailed reply . As u said Duration of program is 1 to 2 years so i think we should write down duration of stay between September 2014 to august 2016 on study permit application form .When you are planning to file application mine is 15 June .

Adeel Ahmed

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Passport Req..
Already Provided
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2014
arandas said:
let's hope that all my fears come faulty, and we get the visa.

I have a question, If i paid the tuition fee and then i failed to get the visa could i make refund to all the money which i have paid?

based on the program website: w ww.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php
Duration:Graduate diploma, MASc, MEng: 1-2 years
what i understand based on this and based on the number of courses written in the acceptance letter (6) this program normally students finish it in 1 year but it could be extended to two years. But for the tuition fees, Based on this pdf (w ww.mun.ca/sgs/MinimumExpense.pdf) which should be printed and applied with the acceptance letter that you have to pay the tuition of 9 semesters with 420$ fee of each semester Regardless of the period in which you finished the program.
Soory for late reply i did not visit forum for some time and Yes the payment will be refunded if you fail to get the visa.

arandas

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
Adeel Ahmed said:
Thanks for your detailed reply . As u said Duration of program is 1 to 2 years so i think we should write down duration of stay between September 2014 to august 2016 on study permit application form .When you are planning to file application mine is 15 June .
I will apply in the beginning of June In-Chaa-Allah.

Adeel Ahmed said:
Sorry for late reply i did not visit forum for some time and Yes the payment will be refunded if you fail to get the visa.
never mind, I don't think i will pay the fees, I will apply the bank statement only because i don't think paying the fees will make a big difference.

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
Hello everyone.
I m aamir khan. I have done BS electrical(telecom) engineering. I want to apply for MEng internetworking at dalhousie university, Master of engineering management at memorial university and MEng in computer networks at Ryerson university.

My profile is:
Matric 76 %
FSc 71%
BS electrical(telecom) engg CGPA 2.41 ( 67.3%)
3.5 years of work experience in a telecom company.

Please guide me what are my chances at these universities
Possitive response will be appreciated.
thanks in advance

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
Guys i m waiting for your possitive response..... :)

arandas

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
aamir_comsian123 said:
Guys i m waiting for your possitive response..... :)
I could tell you about Engineering Management Memorial, because i sent an email to them from two months to ask about the average requirements (not the minimum) to be accepted in the program and that was the answer:

Usually students need to have at least the second class upper, plus an IELTS 7.0 and above, or TOFEL 90 and above, plus work experience in order to get the admission.

Wish you the best.

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
arandas said:
I could tell you about Engineering Management Memorial, because i sent an email to them from two months to ask about the average requirements (not the minimum) to be accepted in the program and that was the answer:

Usually students need to have at least the second class upper, plus an IELTS 7.0 and above, or TOFEL 90 and above, plus work experience in order to get the admission.

Wish you the best.
Dear brother as i did not give the IELTS yet. and i m applying on the basis of English proficiency letter from my own univ. so do i still have a chance to get admission? Plz guide me I m very confused as i already prepared my application

arandas

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
aamir_comsian123 said:
Dear brother as i did not give the IELTS yet. and i m applying on the basis of English proficiency letter from my own univ. so do i still have a chance to get admission? Plz guide me I m very confused as i already prepared my application
Sorry brother i can't tell you about your chances because it depends completely on competition of applications. I applied last year for the MEng (Electrical) in memorial university and my application got rejected because "Unfortunately, your file has been closed. You met the minimum requirements but were not competitive in the admissions competition." (My profile was Bsc 70% & proof of English from university) , and upon this when i thought to apply this year for the Master of engineering management i decided to ask first about the average requirement not the minimum and when they told me the answer in the previous post i decided not to apply in spite of i got TOEFL 89.

Wish you the best.

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
Thank you so much brother now I got your point . Stay blessed Ameen

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
atush said:
Hi..I checked with many international students who are studying @ mun.

There are no part-time jobs available and on-campus jobs for grad students are nil...you better take loan and secure yourself.

A very small city and no boom in economy..less people...less jobs..less career options..better to go for good universities..
You must be kidding. Wherever I go in town, I see "Help Wanted" signs in the windows of restaurants and stores. At least Marie's Mini Mart, McDonalds and Tim Horton's have those signs posted. I haven't tried to get an off-campus part time job yet, but when I do, I don't think it will be too difficult since I'm not going to be picky about it. It is not a big city, true, but to say that there are NO part time jobs is false. Of course, proper funds will be needed since you won't be able to pay your living and tuition with just a part-time job anywhere in Canada.

Sep 22, 2013
Thanks very much for starting this highly informative thread. However, I have a little question which goes thus:

I have already been admitted for an MBA which starts in September in Memorial University, but I want to defer this admission till next year. Will I get another admission letter IMMEDIATELY I defer this admission or need to wait till next year to get another?

Also, can I opt to defer my admission till an earlier admission period say defer till January 2015 when indeed I was initially admitted for a September programme?

I would sincerely appreciate your response.

Cheers.

khaleesiv

Jun 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I'm Vidya from India, I would like your valuable suggestions on below:

My Profile

X : 84.09%
XII : 84.25%
B.E Aeronautics : 75% (First Class)
IELTS : Yet to take.
Experience in IT field for 9 months.

I would like to apply for the MUN's MEM (Engineering Management) Program, I would like to know

*** What are my chances of getting an admission?
** Employment opportunities after the completion of the program?
* In your honest opinion is it the best option?

Thank in advance for your valuable feedbacks :)

khaleesiv

Jun 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atush said:
Hi Vidya, Chances are good, your academics are fine.

I have an admit for MBA program from MUN. Not sure about engineering management program ?

Could you please check with the department they will tell you better.
Thanks atush, will do :)

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
@Vidya. Wanted to add this valuable information that I had received earlier for the MEM program in MUN. Below is part of the email that I had received from them and might be of some use for you:

Thank you for your inquiry. Admission to a program leading to a Master of Engineering Management degree requires a Bachelor's degree (second class) in an appropriate area of study.

New students are admitted to this one-year course-based program in the Fall (September) semester. The deadline for application for international students is April 1, and for Canadian students May 1 for admission to the Fall semester.

Please note this is one of our special fee programs. In addition to tuition under Payment Plan A, Canadian students pay a special fee of $11,602 over the first two semesters and international students pay $16,282 over the first two semesters. Therefore, the total tuition for this program is $22,000 for international students and $16,000 for domestic students. Additional information regarding the program can be found online: http://www.engr.mun.ca/MEM.

Applicants who did not complete a four-year baccalaureate degree at a recognized university where English is the primary language of instruction must normally complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a paper based score of 580 (or higher), computer-based score of 237 (or higher) or Internet based score of 92 (or higher).

khaleesiv

Jun 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mizan776 said:
@ Vidya. Wanted to add this valuable information that I had received earlier for the MEM program in MUN. Below is part of the email that I had received from them and might be of some use for you:
Thank you very much mizan776! Special fee program is not for me I guess :D