+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fall 2019 intake, Questions and Answers

gradApplicant_2020

Jun 2, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for M.sc Computer Science in Memorial for winter intake 2021. Anyone who had applied for the same can share the updates in this thread.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Did anyone hear anything from MUN? As the decisions are made post 2-3 months of the deadline date which is April 1st for Winter 2021 admissions. Please update here if anyone who applied for Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science at MUN.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Did anyone hear anything from MUN? As the decisions are made post 2-3 months of the deadline date which is April 1st for Winter 2021 admissions. Please update here if anyone who applied for Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science at MUN.
Sam, I think you will be better off by contacting the program coordinator and asking specifics to them. Do not forget to include your MUN # when you email. That's the best source of info for now. Please keep us posted.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Sam, I think you will be better off by contacting the program coordinator and asking specifics to them. Do not forget to include your MUN # when you email. That's the best source of info for now. Please keep us posted.
I already emailed them a couple of weeks back, I got a response stating my file is already reviewed by the admissions committe, and the department coordinator is waiting for the paperwork from my supervisor. Post which they were going to process my admission.

I also emailed my supervisor, to which I couldn't receive any response. He's one of well known Prof in my field, and perhaps he must be busy.

Although I asked them by when can I expect to hear about the final decision, to which they said in the next month, is that too late? Considering I applied for winter 2021 intake on May 31st. Also, I was seeing the visa processing times for Indian study permit had suddenly bumped upto 19 weeks which used to be 7-8 weeks earlier.

Thoughts?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I already emailed them a couple of weeks back, I got a response stating my file is already reviewed by the admissions committe, and the department coordinator is waiting for the paperwork from my supervisor. Post which they were going to process my admission.

I also emailed my supervisor, to which I couldn't receive any response. He's one of well known Prof in my field, and perhaps he must be busy.

Although I asked them by when can I expect to hear about the final decision, to which they said in the next month, is that too late? Considering I applied for winter 2021 intake on May 31st. Also, I was seeing the visa processing times for Indian study permit had suddenly bumped upto 19 weeks which used to be 7-8 weeks earlier.

Thoughts?
First thing first, I think you will get through and it takes time to process things. Remember its a very bureaucratic process.

I think you will be better off by deferring your admission to Fall 2021. It will serve your better as you will have a lot of time to prepare. Considering COVID-19, you may be exposed to travel restrictions too. So deferral is in order. Don't panic. Prepare well.

All the best, and keep us apprised.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
First thing first, I think you will get through and it takes time to process things. Remember its a very bureaucratic process.

I think you will be better off by deferring your admission to Fall 2021. It will serve your better as you will have a lot of time to prepare. Considering COVID-19, you may be exposed to travel restrictions too. So deferral is in order. Don't panic. Prepare well.

All the best, and keep us apprised.

Do you think I will be able to make it on time if I apply through the SDS scheme? I assume by December-ish, the travelling restrictions maybe revoked, and people should be able to travel by then.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
I think Canada will remove the travel restrictions only if Covid completely subsides in the whole world or if there's an assured vaccine - both of which may not happen by December end in all probability.

So, revoking the travel restrictions by December end seems unlikely as of now.

They'll continue to have restrictions with some exemptions - we have to try our luck to see if we come under those exemptions.

jay.joshi.3

Jun 12, 2017
I too have applied in December for Master program and still waiting. My deadline date was Feb 1st.
Hi! I am applying for MUN - MASc in Oil and Gas Engg. I have prepared the personal statement and every other document. I need your help in one of the questions that suggest " List any relevant research experience, publication, scholarships or awards (for scholarships and awards, please note award name, date, and value)."

I am applying for course-based program and this question, I believe, is related to a research-based application. Although I am not sure whether to write anything or just answer it as N/A. I have achievements like scoring A grades in 3 subjects of my engineering, awarded as hall of fame, appreciation certificate, providing cost cutting solutions in my employment, etc. I am not sure whether I should write this as my academics and resume is supposed to be attached where these details are already there. Could you please advice.

jay.joshi.3

Jun 12, 2017
Hi! I am applying for MUN - MASc in Oil and Gas Engg. I have prepared the personal statement and every other document. I need your help in one of the questions that suggest " List any relevant research experience, publication, scholarships or awards (for scholarships and awards, please note award name, date, and value)."

I am applying for course-based program and this question, I believe, is related to a research-based application. Although I am not sure whether to write anything or just answer it as N/A. I have achievements like scoring A grades in 3 subjects of my engineering, awarded as hall of fame, appreciation certificate, providing cost cutting solutions in my employment, etc. I am not sure whether I should write this as my academics and resume is supposed to be attached where these details are already there. Could anyone please advice.