+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fall 2019 intake, Questions and Answers

opeyemi19

Mar 15, 2019
Okay. What does that mean? They have already selected and yet to release decisions?
Did you ask them or they just sent you thyis mail?
I asked them, he didn't tell me if they are yet to release decisions or not, the information he gave was base on my application only

codename205

Mar 13, 2019
I've submitted everything officially except my degree award confirmation certificate and still my application status is incomplete. IDK why it is still incomplete, but I've wrote a message to gradapply, asking them to tell me when my application be under review. I will get their response on Monday or Tuesday.

I've mentioned them earlier about my ongoing degree. IDK if they will take my application into consideration for conditional offer letter, without degree award confirmation certificate.

Nymer56

May 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask something regarding securing a supervisor. I have applied for MSC in Food science at MUN, Fall semester. Apparently I cannot get admission without securing a supervisor which makes sense but the this is all the supervisor am trying to secure either doesn't reply to my emails or replies saying they aren't taking students.
Kindly does anyone have an idea of what I should do? Am thinking I should defer my application until I get a supervisor. Anyone with the same situation?

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask something regarding securing a supervisor. I have applied for MSC in Food science at MUN, Fall semester. Apparently I cannot get admission without securing a supervisor which makes sense but the this is all the supervisor am trying to secure either doesn't reply to my emails or replies saying they aren't taking students.
Kindly does anyone have an idea of what I should do? Am thinking I should defer my application until I get a supervisor. Anyone with the same situation?
It's a must you secure one. If you don't secure, that's a straight rejection. I recommend you pend your application. But next time, don't apply just like that to Msc requiring you to secure a prospective supervisor and you didn't secure one. It's waste of money.

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
If you like, you can place a telephone call to some of those potential supervisor that didn't reply you. You will see their office telephone number on the website while checking their profile.

Nymer56

May 11, 2019
If you like, you can place a telephone call to some of those potential supervisor that didn't reply you. You will see their office telephone number on the website while checking their profile.
Ok thanks. I will pend the application and try calling the potential supervisors.

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
It totally depends on the quality of your application and that seems reasonable. You will have to wait for them to respond. They take a lot of things into consideration before making an offer. I am sure you will get LOA as you have supervisor confirmed up front. So, just wait for now and do your best to provide them any and all documents you are requested.

If you have applied in January this year then there are two possibilities:
1. Your application is considered but is in the waitlist. Meaning they have made initial offers and they will see if some candidate does not accept then they will call the backup. I am just assuming. This might not be the case. It totally depends on the Department you have applied to. My Department notified me on Feb 27 that I am accepted with funding.
2. The Department you have applied to is yet to undertake a review of all applications submitted for Fall 2019.

In either case, you will have a response soon as it almost mid-March.
Hello, please did you first got a notification from your department notifying you have been recommended for admission? Or you just got acceptance letter straight from SGS without department contacting you that you were recommended for admission?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello, please did you first got a notification from your department notifying you have been recommended for admission? Or you just got acceptance letter straight from SGS without department contacting you that you were recommended for admission?
Check your inbox for the info.

drhamidmavli

May 17, 2019
Hi . I applied to MUN for Masters in Environmental Science for Fall 2019.My deadline for Fall was February 1 2019.I inquired in university and they replied me that once the decision is confirmed,you will get an email on your personal email address...I was expecting to receive positive or negative reply by the end of April.Any idea guys why it is delayeD?

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi . I applied to MUN for Masters in Environmental Science for Fall 2019.My deadline for Fall was February 1 2019.I inquired in university and they replied me that once the decision is confirmed,you will get an email on your personal email address...I was expecting to receive positive or negative reply by the end of April.Any idea guys why it is delayeD?
It's not my place to guess. I cannot say anything about it. Application outcomes always take time to become public. I guess the wait is the only rational choice here. If I were to do something in the meanwhile, I would consider preparing for next intake and take my chances elsewhere too.

drhamidmavli

May 17, 2019
It's not my place to guess. I cannot say anything about it. Application outcomes always take time to become public. I guess the wait is the only rational choice here. If I were to do something in the meanwhile, I would consider preparing for next intake and take my chances elsewhere too.
Ya sure. Thanks for replying.
Appreciated

Hareem1234

Sep 21, 2019
Do you get acceptance letter from university? My husband is also planning for phd in geography/ environmental sciences from memorial university...we are currently gathering information about it. So in 2021 we have plan to get admission there. Would you like to give me some information?

Greenskirt

May 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

Hi, how did this situation go. I'm in your shoes now. What do you suggest that I do?

Janithahetti04

Star Member
May 17, 2020
How about the MSc in Computer Science at Memorial? Do we need to do programming as mandatory? Is Data Structures and Algorithms course is optional or mandatory?