+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland - Fall 2012

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,
Drop in if you're joining MUN in a month or so. :).

Lemme know if you need any kind of help.

amogh

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
banglore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
Iam planning to apply for fall 13...Is there heavy competition for getting admission here
I just want to know because i found fees is low compares to others...

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it varies from program to program! For MBA is might be competitive and you require GMAT. Otherwise, you have to be careful to meet all the deadlines and hope for the best.

kingwajeeh

Jan 31, 2012
hi a a d can you tell me the situation of jobs in Newfoundland means can we get on campus jobs easily what's the rate of per hour in Newfoundland

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
Dear bro, I am really interested about admitting Memorial University because of its low tuition fees.

Please tell me about the minimum IELTS Band Score requirement and Undergraduate level result requirement for Computer Science related Master's Programs. I visited your university's Computer Science Master's requirement page where they said "For MSc: Bachelor's degree (major in Computer Science or Computer Engineering) with a minimum average of 75% overall." which is very high in perspective of our country..!! Most of the other Canadian University's give some options like grade B+ or more / CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 but here they didn't mention about that. Please tell me about required IELTS score too...

ghani1123

Star Member
May 27, 2012
@a_a_d: It is quite confusing to understand the fee structure of MUN. Could you write how much in total I have to pay per degree and per semester in order to complete my Master's degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical). Honestly, I don't understand what is mentioned on their website.

Secondly, Is that area safe? I heard a lot about high crime rate and robberies.

Your reply is awaited patiently.

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
HI a_a_d i would like to apply for MTM (Master in Technology Management)

My profile:
B.Tech (ECE) 64 %, 14 backlog
10 th 84%, 12 th 80%
CCNA, RHCE
20 months of exp. as a Technical Support Consultant.

will i get admission in MTM or in Electrical engineering in MUN?

Thanks in advance.........

AKB4real

Aug 4, 2012
Hi a_a_d, Thank you for chosen to help. I plan to join MUN by Fall 2013 for MA Economics. My undergraduate degree is in Finance & Banking, I am afraid if this has a strong relationship with economics for admission consideration, can you advice on my chances of scaling through including Visa success in terms of right choice of study.

Thanks!

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Rasel:
http://www.mun.ca/sgs/contacts/

Here is the link for the School of Graduate Studies Contacts. Go into the Admission Section and email someone about the IELTS Requirement. As far as I know, I had taken my IELTS exam but somehow they did not receive my IELTS score card. However, it was mentioned that if you can provide a proof from the University that the medium of instruction was English, IELTS Requirement is waived off. I did the same and they never asked for my IELTS Score.

For the Academic Grade, a representative from SGS can guide you better!! :)

H_C_K

Aug 14, 2012
a_a_d

How we can provide a proof from university that the medium of instruction was english.Please let me know

Thanks again

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/memorial-university-of-newfoundland-t103892.0.html;msg1686427#msg1686427

Please Do Reply

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@H_C_K:

Normally there is a statement on the transcript regarding the medium of instruction of the educational institution. See if you have that on your transcript. If its there then you can simply email Memorial University and ask them if that statement is acceptable. (In my case it was acceptable).

If not, then you have to get a letter from your educational institute in the format that I have mentioned on the other post.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mayank_6:

You can fancy your chances of admission into MUN. However, it all depends upon the competency level. Generally I dont think there will be any issue but Im just a student as you are. Im not an expert. You can email a representative from the university and ask them about the minimum requirements of MTM.

http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/MTM.php

Here is the link. I think you satisfy the academic requirements. :)

akmalsiddiqui

Aug 20, 2012
@ a_a_d
hello brother i need information about mun i gonna apply for fall 2013 student of IIUI. would u like to mail me on my email addres i want some personal information, i shall be very thanksful