+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland - Fall 2012

sonupathak

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
@ a_a_d
bro as u can see my program fee is 420 $ for 9 semesters that is total of 3780$ only is around 2 lakhs of indian ruppes. and 5.5 lks for livivg expenses at newfoundland. so how much money i should show for visaa??

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sonupathak:

The amount that you should show should cover your living expenses for one year atleast, your tution fees and your travelling expenses (equal to a return ticket amount) ...

bjohnson

Mar 3, 2012
Hello,
I hope this meet you well,
My names are Bolaji Johnson. I am a Nigerian presently studying MSc Petroleum Geosciences at the Royal holloway university of London. I had my Bachelor's degree with a 76%, and my masters program here at the university of london ends in september 2013(merit in view), It is my plan to pursue a PhD degree at the Memorial university of Newfoundland. I already sat for IELTS and had 7.0 band. What do you think are the things expected of me to be considered for admission, visa and a study permit.
How easy do you think the admission will be?
Expecting to hear from you soon.

Reactions: Tamcykul

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bolaji,
In order to enroll into a PHD program, you need to define the scope of work that your PHD will Encompass. Im pasting a few links here which might be helpful to you. Remember since a PhD is a highly focussed field of study, the application is generally assessed considering the work scope that you are willing to do. All PhD application are thus unique and are accessed accordingly.

http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/engineering.php

http://www.engr.mun.ca/graduate/research/oil_and_gas.php

(For Oil & Gas Engineering PhD)

http://www.mun.ca/sgs/contacts/

(School of Graduate Studies - Contacts)

You can email the relevant person in the above contact list if you have any doubts. Plus the SGS link above will be very helpful for you.

Let me know If I can be of more help to you.

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
hello i'm from singapore. and enquiring about canadian unis for undergraduate (bachelor's degree) studies

one of the options im researching around is memorial uni mainly becos of its low cost n its atlantic environment

another uni would be uni of new brunswick, university of saskatchewan

i have a few concerns here when it comes to considering MUN:

- cost wise, is $8800 per annum. does it apply to all undergrad programs?

- how would be the teaching and learning environment be like? is it very much interactive?

- im looking into pure mathematics/ statistics, engineering, marine biology programs. anyone got insights on the programmes?

- upon graduation from a 4 yr honors program, would it be difficult to find a job related to the fields above

- and most importantly, would it be difficult to get a Canadian PR in newfoundland and labrador upon graduation ?

i m sorry for asking so much questions, but would appreciate if you could give me more info about MUN ><

not much centres in singapore give info about canadian education so i had to come around asking :(

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonupathak said:
@ a_a_d
dude fo which airport you booked your tickets. its deer lake only na ??
St. John's International Airport. DEER LAKE AIRPORT is Hours from St. John's. Way Far!!!

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@yuyu:

I guess majority of the courses have the same tuition fees with the exception being from field to field i.e., Engineering & Business .. The overall environment is great!! The people are very friendly and extremely nice. The whole atmosphere at MUN is good too with all the facilities and all. The teaching method and everything is interactive.

As per the Job market, it really depends upon the type of degree that you are going to do. And since you are going to come for Undergrad. You still have 4 years to go atleast. I have a few friends who graduated and are now working in Newfoundland.

I cannot say anything about the PR right now since Im gathering information myself. All I know is there is a PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM thats open and you need to be eligible for that if you want to go for a PR.

All the best!!

rehmanaly

Jun 28, 2012
salam,
i am from pakistan and i hve done bba and now i want to apply for mba but i got 5.5 in ielts. Is this will be my week point to get visa? please help me..

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
a_a_d said:
@ yuyu:

I guess majority of the courses have the same tuition fees with the exception being from field to field i.e., Engineering & Business .. The overall environment is great!! The people are very friendly and extremely nice. The whole atmosphere at MUN is good too with all the facilities and all. The teaching method and everything is interactive.

As per the Job market, it really depends upon the type of degree that you are going to do. And since you are going to come for Undergrad. You still have 4 years to go atleast. I have a few friends who graduated and are now working in Newfoundland.

I cannot say anything about the PR right now since Im gathering information myself. All I know is there is a PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM thats open and you need to be eligible for that if you want to go for a PR.

All the best!!
thanks alot. yup heard of the PNP and all that. thanks alot, it was a very informative reply.
when you applied for fall term, when did u start sending in your docs/ transcripts? o.o

i get much more info here than the MUN LIve chat seriously. all they gave was some general info T.T

thanks ...

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rehmanaly said:
salam,
i am from pakistan and i hve done bba and now i want to apply for mba but i got 5.5 in ielts. Is this will be my week point to get visa? please help me..
You need to improve your IELTS score. Specially if you are going for a business degree...

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@balpreet:

It depends upon the scope of work you define for your doctoral program.

balpreet kaur

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i want to do phd in cell biology.but just have general idea of my research proposal.
what must i do???