+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial university newfoundland

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Anybody have experience with applying to memorial university? Is the acceptance rate high?

Tuition, cost of living etc...please help :)

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Anybody have experience with applying to memorial university? Is the acceptance rate high?

Tuition, cost of living etc...please help :)
Getting admission to this university is pretty simple and easy from what I experienced. If your course requires a supervisor it could be tedious as most professors don't revert back.
The cost of living is okay. You will definitely need a part time job to make both ends meet. Job market is dull. It's almost impossible to get a job in your field after you graduate. The best option is to study here, wait for a few months to get your paperwork and then move to mainland Canada which most students do..

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thank you so much for your feedback.
May I ask what course you studied?

I'm applying for environmental policy which needs a supervisor
Thanks
Getting admission to this university is pretty simple and easy from what I experienced. If your course requires a supervisor it could be tedious as most professors don't revert back.
The cost of living is okay. You will definitely need a part time job to make both ends meet. Job market is dull. It's almost impossible to get a job in your field after you graduate. The best option is to study here, wait for a few months to get your paperwork and then move to mainland Canada which most students do..

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Wow that's very similar :D did you need to find a supervisor and was your program 1 or 2 years? :)
Yes I found one. She made my life a living hell and then I changed my supervisor who was worse than the first. I ended up graduating with flying colors anyways.
My course could have been 3 semesters but it took 5 semesters because of the supervisor fiasco.

Reactions: Greenskirt

Somi1

Jul 12, 2019
Yes I found one. She made my life a living hell and then I changed my supervisor who was worse than the first. I ended up graduating with flying colors anyways.
My course could have been 3 semesters but it took 5 semesters because of the supervisor fiasco.
Did they offer in campus accommodation for student?

Greenskirt

May 12, 2020
Hi Kay. I saw this post and I thought it very helpful. I have also applied to memorial university for the MSc in Kinesiology program also. As at now (2 months after my application), I'm unable to secure a supervisor. I'm worried that it would affect admission decision for me especially considering the fact that I have sent out emails to half the faculty members. Is there any hope for me, and do they assign supervisors to people in my shoes.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Has anyone faced problems with reference to submitting physical copies of the official documents (transcripts and degree certificate) via courier/postal mail? ( I am talking about those who have made application for Winter 2021 intake). Due to the lockdowns in my home country, international courier facility is unavailable.

University's website states that un-official documents can be submitted in PDF format to the university (https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/apply/), however the application status (on portal is showing as incomplete).