+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University Acceptance

SnowCat999

Jul 4, 2018
hi everyone , i am new here :p

my case is ... i applied to memorial university in Newfoundland for the Masters of environmental science Degree in 28th of February this year , and all my documents where received and my application stated that it was complete ,, the semester I applied for is Winter 2019 as in 1st of January 2019 , the deadline for this program was 1st of April and I was told by the School of graduate studies that the decision will be made in two to three months of the deadline , its the 4th of July and nothing came to my mail and the status of my application is still "Application complete " , I understand its too early to panic but i am reaaaaaally panicking here !!! did anyone experience this before ? ,,,, I have read a couple of forms here on MUN and students got their acceptance fairly Quickly , but those where from two or three years ago ,,,,, I tried emailing the School of Graduate Studies and they only stated the obvious that the decision has not been made yet , and advised me to contact the Academic member responsible for my program ,, which is Dc. Tom Chapman , I did so three days ago and haven't heard from him yet .... I am lost what should I do , other than wait :(

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah

my case is ... i applied to memorial university in Newfoundland for the Masters of environmental science Degree in 28th of February this year , and all my documents where received and my application stated that it was complete ,, the semester I applied for is Winter 2019 as in 1st of January 2019 , the deadline for this program was 1st of April and I was told by the School of graduate studies that the decision will be made in two to three months of the deadline , its the 4th of July and nothing came to my mail and the status of my application is still "Application complete " , I understand its too early to panic but i am reaaaaaally panicking here !!! did anyone experience this before ? ,,,, I have read a couple of forms here on MUN and students got their acceptance fairly Quickly , but those where from two or three years ago ,,,,, I tried emailing the School of Graduate Studies and they only stated the obvious that the decision has not been made yet , and advised me to contact the Academic member responsible for my program ,, which is Dc. Tom Chapman , I did so three days ago and haven't heard from him yet .... I am lost what should I do , other than wait :(
im also in a similar situation...but for fall 2018 intake....havnt received LOA yet...really worried

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018

Hi. I applied at MUN in august 2017 for fall 2018 intake. After waiting 4 months i sent them email regarding decision. They just reply me that unfortunately you are unable to secure admission in memorial university. I asked them why didnt you update it at online student portal.. they said we sent you email one month a go. Might be it is in your spam or junk folder or you could accidentally delete it.
This was the weried answer i have ever heard. I was expecting soo much from university. Despite of that i got admission in other university. At the time of acceptance the other university sent me 6 e-mails for letter of acceptance.

Reactions: vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi. I applied at MUN in august 2017 for fall 2018 intake. After waiting 4 months i sent them email regarding decision. They just reply me that unfortunately you are unable to secure admission in memorial university. I asked them why didnt you update it at online student portal.. they said we sent you email one month a go. Might be it is in your spam or junk folder or you could accidentally delete it.
This was the weried answer i have ever heard. I was expecting soo much from university. Despite of that i got admission in other university. At the time of acceptance the other university sent me 6 e-mails for letter of acceptance.
What was the reason they mentioned for rejection???? Which is your new university....

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
What was the reason they mentioned for rejection???? Which is your new university....
They did not mentioned any reason. They just said we sorry to inform you that you are not able to secure admission. Infact i could not find their refusal letter in my mail. They just replied my email which i sent after 4 months

SnowCat999

Jul 4, 2018
im also in a similar situation...but for fall 2018 intake....havnt received LOA yet...really worried
That is really weird !!! If they dont accept anytime soon or atleast give you a straight back answer you wont have time to apply for.the visa , I am starting to really regret applying there !!I am more nervous now

SnowCat999

Jul 4, 2018
Thats really unprofessional , but in my case they told me my decision was not made yet , I called them and they told me to contact the direct department that has my application , I called them 3 times and I only get the answer machine , I will try calling again tomorow , I hope I get accepted ,,,,, alot in my life and my immegration file depends on this .... can you refare me to another good university with the same tuition range ... thank you for the reply .

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
That is really weird !!! If they dont accept anytime soon or atleast give you a straight back answer you wont have time to apply for.the visa , I am starting to really regret applying there !!I am more nervous now
One person called Andrew Kim send me a reply asking whether i like to defer my application for Fall 2019 and told they will make decisions for my course only over next few weeks.I replied that i will wait for their decision.What abou you

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
They did not mentioned any reason. They just said we sorry to inform you that you are not able to secure admission. Infact i could not find their refusal letter in my mail. They just replied my email which i sent after 4 months
sorry to hear that...did u get visa for your new course

SnowCat999

Jul 4, 2018
One person called Andrew Kim send me a reply asking whether i like to defer my application for Fall 2019 and told they will make decisions for my course only over next few weeks.I replied that i will wait for their decision.What abou you
>>>

the first email they sent only stated that my decision has not been made yet , i called them directly on the landline and the women who answered me only told me that its normal for them to take this long , and she also told me to try and call the Environmental science department which i did for more than 4 times but I only get the answer machine .... I will try calling them today though but its still to early in Canada .,,,,, and that is awesome for you , i reread the whole after application page and even if you dont get accepted they have to officially state the reason and if the reason dosent concern your basic requirements you still can move the application for a further semester , which is on the same application ,,,, I do hope I get the answer soon . keep me updated and good luck , what is the program that you applied for ?

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
>>>

the first email they sent only stated that my decision has not been made yet , i called them directly on the landline and the women who answered me only told me that its normal for them to take this long , and she also told me to try and call the Environmental science department which i did for more than 4 times but I only get the answer machine .... I will try calling them today though but its still to early in Canada .,,,,, and that is awesome for you , i reread the whole after application page and even if you dont get accepted they have to officially state the reason and if the reason dosent concern your basic requirements you still can move the application for a further semester , which is on the same application ,,,, I do hope I get the answer soon . keep me updated and good luck , what is the program that you applied for ?
i have applied for Master of Occupational health and safety fall 2018....its a new course ...they introduced just 2 months back..im really worried...

Mar 27, 2021
i have applied for Master of Occupational health and safety fall 2021 intake, Iam not admitted to the program, am really worried... The reason states that though I met all requirements Iam not competitive. What should I improve to be competitive to get admission atleast in next intake.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have applied for Master of Occupational health and safety fall 2021 intake, Iam not admitted to the program, am really worried... The reason states that though I met all requirements Iam not competitive. What should I improve to be competitive to get admission atleast in next intake.
It means that all the other candidates had stronger profiles than you. What is your undergrad degree in? Can you improve IELTS, work experience with improved reference letters etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It means that all the other candidates had stronger profiles than you. What is your undergrad degree in? Can you improve IELTS, work experience with improved reference letters etc.
Also, this is a highly competitive program with only a few spots (only program in Atlantic Canad) so you are competing with canadian and international candidates.