+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mega Thread - 2020/2021 Online Applications

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Has anybody read/seen the new IRCC press release announcing the official launch of the Online Citizenship Application system? It was just published yesterday.

I'd post a link but I know it'll just be taken down.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks @engray for posting this. It is quite instructive and it's nice to see the behind-the-scene workings of citizenship applications. Too bad most of the key memos and recommendations are quite dated (February 15th). It would be nice to see a more recent version vis-a-vis what option they eventually went with.

I believe we are going to see a much more faster turn around time for online applications towards the end of 2021 and early 2022 (if it's not already happening with the pace of AORs we have seen since the beginning of August).

Fingers crossed and thanks again.
I can share the request wording if someone wants an up-to-date information. With the press release (I'm not sure if they delayed the docs because of that), I think they are full onboard with online applications. We can see that almost all Feb. applicants received AOR, and March applicants started getting theirs
great job @engray .. i saw March 09, 2021 online applicant received AOR today.. i hope this trend continues.

@engray Did you receive AOR yet? when did u apply?
Yes, I got it yesterday. I applied on Feb 21st.

Last edited:

AhmadO

Apr 29, 2021
Hi all. I applied online March 8th 2021. Still no AoR and I see in the spreadsheet that folk who applied late March have their AoR. And I haven’t received any updates that my application is incomplete. So is this inconsistency expected?

ani8886

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
14-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2017
LANDED..........
19-11-2017
Hi, I applied online recently. In the travel document section, I ended up uploading all my visas, PR and passport details. I had also added an LOE explaining various parts of the application and mentioned that I have uploaded all the visa and passport details in the section. Now I realize from some threads that I only needed to upload passport details. Is providing such over-information (or perhaps unnecessary info even) viewed unfavorably by IRCC? If yes, do I have any options to remedy this?

from_india_to_canada

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi, I applied online recently. In the travel document section, I ended up uploading all my visas, PR and passport details. I had also added an LOE explaining various parts of the application and mentioned that I have uploaded all the visa and passport details in the section. Now I realize from some threads that I only needed to upload passport details. Is providing such over-information (or perhaps unnecessary info even) viewed unfavorably by IRCC? If yes, do I have any options to remedy this?
no, it's fine, you will be asked to provide scanned copy of your passport anyways (for most people)

Mitchigail

Aug 28, 2013
For my husband's application we did it online. Submitted the application online : Feb. 6, 2021
Almost 6 mos no call, no mail nor no emails
Decided to call IRCC said just wait then after 3 days calling them finally we received the AOR by email. Aug 5, 2021

Mitchigail

Aug 28, 2013
My spouse applied online in 3rd week of April. Looking at the trend we are planning to do a paper application instead, with the same receipt used for online application. Can it have any negative impact? We were thinking the first one to get picked will be processed while the next one may be returned due to lack fee payment. These agonizing wait times to even get an AOR is really sad.
It took 6 months to receive the AOR of my husband's online application.