+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meds - from doctor to Embassy

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
What is the average time it takes for the results to be sent from the doctor to the Embassy?
By time, I mean the time from when you had your appointment with the doctor, to the time the Embassy receives the results.

Further to this question, if anyone here is familiar with the process in Russia specifically, how long would it take there?

TIA

CanadianDude

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2010
AOR Received.
18-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
If it's your initial application medicals, I think it arrives within 1-2 weeks if sent by courier. If it's your followup medicals (e.g., TB tests etc.) the visa office usually required that the tests be done 6-8 weeks after a specific date which is usually 1 week after the date the visa office mails the request to the person being sponsored. Once 6-8 weeks pass, it usually again takes 1-2 weeks by courier for the doctor to send the materials to the visa office.

Also keep in mind, the doctor should designate someone, or he/she himself must translate or have a certified translation of the medical test results for the visa office. This is particularly important for followup medicals, as the instruction letter will indicate that translations must be sent with all originals.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
CanadianDude said:
If it's your initial application medicals, I think it arrives within 1-2 weeks if sent by courier. If it's your followup medicals (e.g., TB tests etc.) ...

Also keep in mind, the doctor should designate someone, or he/she himself must translate or have a certified translation of the medical test results for the visa office. ..
Thanks for helping out Dude!
I would like to make sure we are on the same page before I get into specifics.

Are you saying that everyone will need two medicals for their sponsorship app?
I have the sponsorship package and I can't see anywhere where it states there are two medicals.

It's our first medical. You mention 1-2 weeks if sent by courier.
Are you saying that some doctors send their results by courier and some don't?

Also, I don't think you answered my question directly. I understand that lab tests must be done on the blood etc. etc. So the doctor sends the blood/x-rays to other labs etc. etc. The labs probably sends the results back to the doctor.

What I was asking was how long it *usually* takes for the results to be sent to the Embassy
if you start counting day one as the day you go to the doctor for your exam.
Are you saying the doctor will have all the lab results ready and sent to the Embassy just 1-2 weeks after you visit him/her?

About the translation. I just re-read the sponsorship package once again now and nowhere does Imm. Can. state that any translations need to be done with the meds.
Are you sure about this?

TIA

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
HI there,

On ther first page of Appendix A in the Region Specific Guide it states that if your documents are not in English or French send a certified translation along with a copy of the originals. Hope this helps! :)

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
patiently_waiting said:
HI there,

On ther first page of Appendix A in the Region Specific Guide it states that if your documents are not in English or French send a certified translation along with a copy of the originals. Hope this helps! :)
Thanks for helping out PW!

I remember reading that and just went back and read it again.
Here's the thing.
I look at it and interpret it literally.

It says "If your documents are not in English..."

When my spouse goes to a doctor, the doctor creates HIS own documents, they are not my spouse's.
She will never even be given the opportunity to see them!

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
MarkGuy said:

Here's the thing.

When my spouse goes to a doctor, the doctor creates HIS own documents, they are not my spouse's.
Hmmm.. good point. Well, as you have to provide them Appendix B (am I right?) hopefully since it is a doctor appointed by CIC they fill it in English, as you are right the file goes to CIC however my bf got a document from the doctor at the same time which we submitted. IF that form isn't in English, perhaps have it translated just to be on the safe side :) Wish I could help more!

CanadianDude

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2010
AOR Received.
18-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
MarkGuy said:

Here's the thing.

This is true because the first round of medicals are basically print outs your wife will take to the doctor. If and only if, CIC Visa office requires further medicals, then you will need to have them translated, because they will not give or provide forms. They will just provide you with a list of tests they would like your wife to complete, and have the doctor who did the original tests refer her to where she needs to have the tests done. Often these subsequent results will be in the native language of the country she is in which will need translation.

Not everyone will have followup medicals. My wife did, but I believe after speaking to CIC officials it depends on the country and concerns they may have. Pray you don't have to do followup medicals because it pushes things back roughly 6-8 weeks.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
CanadianDude said:
This is true because the first round of medicals are basically print outs your wife will take to the doctor. If and only if, CIC Visa office requires further medicals, then you will need to have them translated, because they will not give or provide forms...

Not everyone will have followup medicals. My wife did, but I believe after speaking to CIC officials it depends on the country and concerns they may have. Pray you don't have to do followup medicals because it pushes things back roughly 6-8 weeks.
Thanks patiently_waiting and Dude for your help!
Yes I will keep my fingers crossed that only one set of medicals is required.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
candy2 said:
anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months
Thanks Candy.

Since I made my initial post with this thread I learned how the process works.
I was told that your meds are sent to a Medical Officer in your region (not to the Embassy).

They just sit there until a request is made from the Embassy who is processing your file.

So it all depends on when the Embassy gets your file and makes their request.