waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
leeneljane said:
we landed here in vancouver last dec. 28, and about the feeding bottle, i just brought empty sippy cups, powdered milk (its hard to find powdered milk here and too expensive) and ask the nice stewardess for a warm water. the flight went smooth my 3yr old son just sleep during the flight ( its an evening flight). i brought also medicines ( with our doctor prescription even the over the counter ones), nothing problems there. they don't even told us to go to the customs (i just don't now why) the immigration just ask us if we have some meats, fruit, illegal contraband and tobacco with us. we just say none. now our next stage is for my eldest kid to settle on his new school ( tomorrow he will start to go to his new school) and me just looking for a job. for me its one of a hardest stage cause i need to look for a graveyard shift, me and my husband need to exchange shifts of looking for our children. and me i don't have any job experience cause i became a full mother ever since my eldest child was born. god luck to me.
hi! your posts really help. were you allowed to bring powdered milk in big cans or just enough for the milk containers we usually use during travels? thanks...

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
wow, that was quite an experience. thanks leeneljane for sharing :) my daughter drinks milk from a cup already so she should be fine, i will just request the airline for a child's meal since she can be picky when it comes to food. we will be going manila-hongkong-vancouver-calgary-regina route so I hope the waiting and travel time will not be a challenge to my daughter.

leeneljane said:
if you are flying without any one with you its to hard especially if you have a kid. my 3 yrs old son is to active. we came from philippines. my first problem was in the security area when i was taking off my shoes my sons left me he followed my eldest son and husband ( female and male has different lane the youngest came with me) so i go in the security without him then the security questioned me with the water in the sippy cup "why i need to bring water do i have a kid with?" which my son left me so i need to fetch him so that i can get mt bag". next is when we need to wait for our connecting flight which he is too restless. and the last was when we are in immigration which he cries while we are waiting for a long line he likes to lay down and sleep. then when our time for immigration officer he cried again the IO just tell us to let him lay on the chairs which he did. our connecting flight is taiwan we made a long long walk just to reach our terminal. we find immigration easily cause they have an arrow that tells where the immigration are. the custom? i don't know where the custom are. after the immigration the IO just give us the the exit pass and tell us we can go. she just ask us about the things we have. about the luggage maybe you can get a porter. for us one push cart can only carry 2-23kgs. we have 4-23 kgs and 1 less 23kgs. we got 2 push cart 1 for me and 1 for my husband. we had 3 carry on bag. i hope it helps. good luck

Reactions: drrishi

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
peanuts said:
hi! your posts really help. were you allowed to bring powdered milk in big cans or just enough for the milk containers we usually use during travels? thanks...
we brought 3 kgs of milk packed in a carton. i think it okay to bring it in a big cans, you should bring a month supply of milk. it so hard to find powdered milk especially for toddlers. i only sees infant formula in supermarkets.

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
rubyalabar said:
wow, that was quite an experience. thanks leeneljane for sharing :) my daughter drinks milk from a cup already so she should be fine, i will just request the airline for a child's meal since she can be picky when it comes to food. we will be going manila-hongkong-vancouver-calgary-regina route so I hope the waiting and travel time will not be a challenge to my daughter.
oh, its a long long way. i think you need to bring thing to make her busy during the waiting hours. and bring snacks too.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I wouldn't worry about lugging tons of milk powder to Canada as it is so bulky and you probably have many other items you would rather pack. The powdered formula is great for travel. There are plenty of options available in Canada, INCLUDING regular whole cow's milk for babies over a year. If you want to get some idea of sale prices, check out London Drugs Flyer, under Baby Food & Formula and you will see some popular brands there.