+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals for PR and work visa

naina03

Oct 3, 2016
Hi,

We have got our medicals done for Canada work visa. Do we need a separate one for PR?
The medicals are still valid in terms of 'one-year validity' but just wanted to understand if the type of medical tests done is different for PR and visa.
Anything specific we should check on our acknowledgment to make sure it will work for PR?

Thanks!

manojraja

Mar 11, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
Hi Naina. I was in the same situation. You don't need to get the tests done again as they are same. Below is my story :)

When my wife's work permit for Canada was being processed, they applied a Spousal open work permit for me in May 2016. I got the medicals done at time which are valid for 12 calendar months from the date of tests.

When I got my PR invite in Jan 2017, I went to DMP to get the tests done. They informed me that my medicals are valid and need not be done unless they are expired. I submitted my application with the same results and the current status is "Medicals Passed".

Reactions: Anna Ngac

naina03

Oct 3, 2016
manojraja said:
Hi Naina. I was in the same situation. You don't need to get the tests done again as they are same. Below is my story :)

When my wife's work permit for Canada was being processed, they applied a Spousal open work permit for me in May 2016. I got the medicals done at time which are valid for 12 calendar months from the date of tests.

When I got my PR invite in Jan 2017, I went to DMP to get the tests done. They informed me that my medicals are valid and need not be done unless they are expired. I submitted my application with the same results and the current status is "Medicals Passed".
Thanks a lot Manoj!

modynripen

Mar 28, 2017
Hi,

We have got our medicals done for Canada work visa. Do we need a separate one for PR?
The medicals are still valid in terms of 'one-year validity' but just wanted to understand if the type of medical tests done is different for PR and visa.
Anything specific we should check on our acknowledgment to make sure it will work for PR?

Thanks!
Hi Naina,
have you got your WP stamped ? how many days did it take for PP request ??

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi guys.
IRCC says,

"
Do I need a medical exam to apply for permanent residence, if I’ve already had one for my permit?

Yes. Even if you had a medical exam previously, all applicants for permanent residence must have a medical exam.

A medical exam is needed to make sure that:

• you pose no health risk to the Canadian public and
  • neither you nor a family member will place too much demand on Canada’s health, education and social systems."

So, if your case was processed with the previous medicals, then congratulations for that.

I just wanted you guys to let know the things that IRCC says.

Ref
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

Reactions: justfor4.2009

aliptpatel

Apr 13, 2015

Manoj would you mind to inform me how did you send your upfront medical result to CIC for your PR applciation?

I have the exact same case. I applied for my wife's work permit while my and her PR is in process. Now they want me to submit my wife's medical as my medical is already passed. How can I inform CIC about the medical exam results?

Please note that my wife's Work permit was made OUTSIDE OF CANADA and our PR application is made within canada as I reside in canada on a work permit.

vkuma014

Dec 17, 2017
Hi Alpit,

Did you get an answer. my case is identical as with you. My wife's medicals done in India are expiring in Jan19 and we are expecting ITA in Nov 2018. Please suggest.

Thanks