+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test & Smokers

jojobaba

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Hi To All,
It is learnt the during medical test doctors nomally ask: whether you smoke or not. So what should a smoker say for this question.Secondally any tip/advice for having better medical results.

Thanks

jenni_usa

Jun 23, 2009
I do not smoke...but was wondering how you could fool a medical doctor and blood tests/hair tests if you are a smoker? Smokers usually have tell tale signs that they smoke (smell like cigarettes, yellowed fingers and teeth, wrinkes around mouth, smokers cough, etc). Not sure what sort of tests they do, but I believe they take a hair sample...they can determine if you smoke or not. Not sure if it shows up in bloodwork as well.

Why not quit and be honest with the doctor?

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
jojobaba said:
Hi To All,
It is learnt the during medical test doctors nomally ask: whether you smoke or not. So what should a smoker say for this question.Secondally any tip/advice for having better medical results.

Thanks
smoking is not a crime in Canada.. it's just expensive...:) i hope you get the point...

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
jenni_usa said:
I do not smoke...but was wondering how you could fool a medical doctor and blood tests/hair tests if you are a smoker? Smokers usually have tell tale signs that they smoke (smell like cigarettes, yellowed fingers and teeth, wrinkes around mouth, smokers cough, etc). Not sure what sort of tests they do, but I believe they take a hair sample...they can determine if you smoke or not. Not sure if it shows up in bloodwork as well.

Why not quit and be honest with the doctor?
He is not applying to become a surgeon general in Canada so they take his hair to prove it if he smokes or not.

No worries, if you smoke just don't lie if there is any questionnaire in the medical where they ask you. All matter is you don't have any complication from smoking. They will know anyway from your chest X-rays. I agree, quit if you can.