+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical test for permanent residency

geol

Dec 18, 2014
suffering from ulcerative colitis, Working and studied in Canada and applied for permanent residency application will it affect my application based on medical test

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
geol said:
suffering from ulcerative colitis, Working and studied in Canada and applied for permanent residency application will it affect my application based on medical test
Its hard to say as there's no clear-cut rule, at least to the best of my knowledge. The fact that you're working in Canada already puts you in a good position. It indicates you have been paying your taxes, which includes contributing towards the healthcare system - its harder for individuals from outside Canada who are not in the system. Based on that, I wouldn't worry so much about it.

I think your application will be fine, but that's my personal opinion.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
next2015 said:
The fact that you're working in Canada already puts you in a good position. It indicates you have been paying your taxes, which includes contributing towards the healthcare system - its harder for individuals from outside Canada who are not in the system.
Being in Canada and paying taxes has absolutely nothing to do with it.

All it comes down to is whether a person has medical issues that will exceed the Excessive Demand Threshold.