+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance coe: 2.02 :: Do we have to pay

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
You just tell them about it. They will give you paper with instructions on it. You have to contact the public health health autority within 30 days. They will take care of the rest. Don’t worry. They will probably ask for another x ray.

simmy t

Mar 9, 2021
You just tell them about it. They will give you paper with instructions on it. You have to contact the public health health autority within 30 days. They will take care of the rest. Don’t worry. They will probably ask for another x ray.
Hey Beth!

I just received my student visa along with the medical surveillance form. I was just curious as to how long the surveillance might take? Do I have to go for an appointment every month? Also, how much would the entire procedure cost?

Cheers

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
The length depends on your health result. Don't worries you don't have to go every month. It's just one x-ray. And then follow up every year. For me, everything was covered under my university insurance.

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Better if you can carry. Just in case they need to look at it.
Usually they don't ask. But still, to be on a safer side you should have

simmy t

Mar 9, 2021
Hey!

I'm traveling to Ontario, Canada next week and in my medical surveillance letter, under part B which is to be filled by the secondary examining officer, they ask for a confirmation/update of Canadian adress. However, I haven't found an accommodation yet and I'm planning on finding one once I get there. So will the border officer have any issues with me not having a Canadian address yet?

simmy t

Mar 9, 2021
The length depends on your health result. Don't worries you don't have to go every month. It's just one x-ray. And then follow up every year. For me, everything was covered under my university insurance.

Hey!

I'm traveling to Ontario, Canada next week and in my medical surveillance letter, under part B which is to be filled by the secondary examining officer, they ask for a confirmation/update of Canadian adress. However, I haven't found an accommodation yet and I'm planning on finding one once I get there. So will the border officer have any issues with me not having a Canadian address yet?

Homeowner

Jun 12, 2021
Hey Beth!

I just received my student visa along with the medical surveillance form. I was just curious as to how long the surveillance might take? Do I have to go for an appointment every month? Also, how much would the entire procedure cost?

Cheers
your medical evaluation is done only once after landing. you can visit any medical clinic and usually they charge you and issue a x-ray request. the same clinic send the file directly to the ircc . you can ask for a copy if you want. if you are not planning to leave immediately than you have to wait 3 months to get your health card post which you can get this free. once they receive the update in their file, than no worries unless they request another review after some time which is very unlikely.