+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance coe: 2.02 :: Do we have to pay

elala

Aug 4, 2019
If there are any tests pile x-ray required, they will get those done here, expense can come from your public health coverage
I hope that public health will cover it even Im just a holder of student permit and Im not quite familiar with insurance.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I hope that public health will cover it even Im just a holder of student permit and Im not quite familiar with insurance.
Do familiarise yourself with insurance laws given you are going to spend some time and perhaps find a job here later. Depending upon your province there are different rules for when coverage starts and for any gap, you are responsible for getting an insurance. For ex. In Ontario, public coverage starts after three months of stay (check website for exact rules)

Reactions: elala

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Do familiarise yourself with insurance laws given you are going to spend some time and perhaps find a job here later. Depending upon your province there are different rules for when coverage starts and for any gap, you are responsible for getting an insurance. For ex. In Ontario, public coverage starts after three months of stay (check website for exact rules)
Yes, I will. However, I need to comply with the medical surveillance within a month after I land in Canada so I assume it is not yet cover. But definitely will check on this. Thank you so much for being patient answering my concern.

elala

Aug 4, 2019
I received medical surveillance form (one copy is for me and another one for IRCC) together with my stamp student permit. It says there that in in second part of the form that it should be done by secondary examination officer at tha point of entry.
Question:
Do I need to present this to the canada airport since it says there that it should be examine at the point of entry? What copy should I bring then to the public health clinic if ever?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I received medical surveillance form (one copy is for me and another one for IRCC) together with my stamp student permit. It says there that in in second part of the form that it should be done by secondary examination officer at tha point of entry.
Question:
Do I need to present this to the canada airport since it says there that it should be examine at the point of entry? What copy should I bring then to the public health clinic if ever?
Yes, present it to port officer, they will inform public health services of your arrival. No further steps needed at the Port of entry.
Later, call up public health services citing your case number, they will help with rest of the steps (and also guide on how to cover it in public health coverage)

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Yes, present it to port officer, they will inform public health services of your arrival. No further steps needed at the Port of entry.
Later, call up public health services citing your case number, they will help with rest of the steps (and also guide on how to cover it in public health coverage)
Thanks so much!:)

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Hi! I already call the public health authority in toronto and spoke to the TB nurse. Ask some questions and let me faxed to them my medical surveillance form. After 2wks theres no update regarding to my next step. No email, no mail, no call informing that I need to settle this medical surveillance. How long will I wait for the next instructions?

Reactions: clairemoon

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi! I already call the public health authority in toronto and spoke to the TB nurse. Ask some questions and let me faxed to them my medical surveillance form. After 2wks theres no update regarding to my next step. No email, no mail, no call informing that I need to settle this medical surveillance. How long will I wait for the next instructions?
They rarely cal back, just call them to get ack/next steps

elala

Aug 4, 2019
They rarely cal back, just call them to get ack/next steps
I already receive the "dear doctor" letter requesting for an xray. Can I choose any walk in clinic nearby my place or should I call them to provide me of their choice of health care provider?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I already receive the "dear doctor" letter requesting for an xray. Can I choose any walk in clinic nearby my place or should I call them to provide me of their choice of health care provider?
Yes can go to any walk in. Make are you go with all your past documentation including reports, medications, etc since doctors will be making recommendations based on that.

Vivekagarw

Aug 11, 2019
Does any one know Vancouver public health authority contact number ? Can I call them before landing and ask for medical assessment form through email?