+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance coe: 2.02 :: Do we have to pay

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Does any one know Vancouver public health authority contact number ? Can I call them before landing and ask for medical assessment form through email?
Its in the paper together with your csba letter. Or you search online the vancouver public health number. Land first then make a call and they tell you the next step.

clairemoon

Sep 17, 2019
Hi! I already call the public health authority in toronto and spoke to the TB nurse. Ask some questions and let me faxed to them my medical surveillance form. After 2wks theres no update regarding to my next step. No email, no mail, no call informing that I need to settle this medical surveillance. How long will I wait for the next instructions?
Hi, elala
Did you get any notice from TB/ public health authority?
Please, share your timeline and experience.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi, elala
It can take howsoever long depending upon individual conditions. Once process is complete, you get a mail saying the process is complete. Otherwise for reach step I would recommend calling them up proactively instead of waiting for a notice/call from them

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Hi, elala
After I call them, I received a mail instructing me on how I can comply with the surveillance (they just ask me for an xray). Then after couple of weeks I received the compliance letter that I finished the surveillance. It can be done as early as one week if you are very compliant. Just do it before your deadline date.

Gijahi

Dec 8, 2019
Hi I also have the same scenario that receives a letter of medical surveillance. Upon landing at the airport and talk to the officer he told me that I don't need to call them because I already took up my medicines and he didn't get the letter. Anyone here that can help me to do the things that I should do?? thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I also have the same scenario that receives a letter of medical surveillance. Upon landing at the airport and talk to the officer he told me that I don't need to call them because I already took up my medicines and he didn't get the letter. Anyone here that can help me to do the things that I should do?? thanks
1. Don't take the word of a CBSA officer, s/he is not a physician. Contact the public health authority as per the surveillance.

Reactions: canuck78

chipmink

Jan 22, 2020
Hi,

We got medical surveillance notice email. What I understood after reading all the posts is people who get approved they get that surveillance request, but in our case we haven’t received any approval or decision yet. Do you know anyone who got this request while application in process. Please reply
Hello @jbhkaur , I am in the same spot as you described earlier. I have received Medical Surveillance Undertaking (FORM IMM-0535B) and yet awaiting the final decision. Am I expected to sign and submit this form before they can decide? Or just carry and show it at the Port of Entry? How long you had to wait from the time you received Medical Surveillance form and receive the decision on the application? Thanks for your time.

chipmink

Jan 22, 2020
To people landing on this page in future, I have received MSU and the very next day, I've got the PPR as well.
So to the people who were confused like me, if you ever receive a MSU and wonder if you have to submit it in order to receive a PPR. That is not needed. You just carry it and show it at the POE.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Yan84

Mar 25, 2020
Hi,

We got medical surveillance notice email. What I understood after reading all the posts is people who get approved they get that surveillance request, but in our case we haven’t received any approval or decision yet. Do you know anyone who got this request while application in process. Please reply
Hi , I had the same situation, any news did you got your PR ?

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Hi
Can someone answer this please.
i was given medical surveillance notice with my study visa. I have completed that after landing. Now i am applying for my pgwp. Can someone answer if i need to undergo medical again or not?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi
Can someone answer this please.
i was given medical surveillance notice with my study visa. I have completed that after landing. Now i am applying for my pgwp. Can someone answer if i need to undergo medical again or not?
1. No, not unless you have been in a designated country for 6 months in a row.

Kaur_manvir

Feb 24, 2021
I got my study Permit with medical surveillance tb . Can everyone tell about it what is that how I can respond it . Payment. How I contact??

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
I got my study Permit with medical surveillance tb . Can everyone tell about it what is that how I can respond it . Payment. How I contact??
When you arrive at Canada airport. Officer will guide you about the next step. Everything will be covered under insurance offered by your college.