+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical/police clearance expired

hoop8up

Oct 1, 2008
Hell there,i just want to know if i had to re do my medical exam? Since my medical was expired last june 2009 as well as my NBI clearance.last june 23rd,CIC-MANILA called me,asking my 6 pcs of passport size pics and send it to them right away.my application was recieved by them way back august 5,2008.but since my papers was under review of par 117-9-d and explain it to them last sept 2008,and just this june i hear them again after such a long time.with that lengthy review on my application,resulting to the expiration of my medical and police clearance,do they require me to re do them?as of now i dont recieve any correspondence from them since they got my pics last june 27.please help me on this.thanx so much.i just really missed my wife.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
We can't really tell you if they will require you to redo them or not. Sometimes they will extend the results, sometimes they'll make you do them again. It's completely at the discretion of the officer assessing your file. All you can do is wait to hear from them. Sorry.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RobsLuv said:
We can't really tell you if they will require you to redo them or not. Sometimes they will extend the results, sometimes they'll make you do them again. It's completely at the discretion of the officer assessing your file. All you can do is wait to hear from them. Sorry.
The OP is quoting 117(9)(d) of the regulations,

"(9) A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if.....................
(d) subject to subsection (10), the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined. "

Methinks that the problem is that her sponsor declared s/he was single when they were married? If so, that means a refusal.

PMM

hoop8up

Oct 1, 2008
Thanx for that.on our case,CIC-MANILA let us explain why it happens.we got married on jan 5,2008,while her application for PR was on process,and on the time she filled for PR,she was single then.she returned to canada on march 5,2008,and become PR on march 10,2008,and during that time we dont have in our hands our married cert from the NSO since were just recently married,she dont have any conclusive legal documents to back up her declaration on me as dependent.i just got our married cert barely 3 days after she got her PR from the NSO here in the philippines,thats our explanation to them.take note pls that my application was started to be procesed by CIC-MANILA last august 5,2008,and i send my explanation to them last sept of 2008,and after 10 months of no communication with them,they called me and ask my 6 pcs of passport size pics.considering the time frame of procesesing in manila is 7-8 months the most,and now im on my 11th month of waiting,if they intend to refuse my application why it reach til this 11th month?and why they ask passport size pics on me to be sent to them asap if i will be refuse eventualy?pls help us,im frustrated,im confused and i really missed my wife so bad.shes my GF for 13 years before settledown.hope to hear from you guys.thanx so much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hoop8up said:
Thanx for that.on our case,CIC-MANILA let us explain why it happens.we got married on jan 5,2008,while her application for PR was on process,and on the time she filled for PR,she was single then.she returned to canada on march 5,2008,and become PR on march 10,2008,and during that time we dont have in our hands our married cert from the NSO since were just recently married,she dont have any conclusive legal documents to back up her declaration on me as dependent.i just got our married cert barely 3 days after she got her PR from the NSO here in the philippines,thats our explanation to them.take note pls that my application was started to be procesed by CIC-MANILA last august 5,2008,and i send my explanation to them last sept of 2008,and after 10 months of no communication with them,they called me and ask my 6 pcs of passport size pics.considering the time frame of procesesing in manila is 7-8 months the most,and now im on my 11th month of waiting,if they intend to refuse my application why it reach til this 11th month?and why they ask passport size pics on me to be sent to them asap if i will be refuse eventualy?pls help us,im frustrated,im confused and i really missed my wife so bad.shes my GF for 13 years before settledown.hope to hear from you guys.thanx so much
If she married before she "landed" whether you had the marriage certificate in hand or not, which you did according to your post. You were not examined, so it would appear that you are no longer a member of the family class.

PMM

hoop8up

Oct 1, 2008
So why they ask my passport size pics if i will be denied eventualy?they had my pasport way back sept 2008,and it seems that 6 id pics is the only requirement i didnt send to them.if they deny me,they can have do it much earlier.my wife ask help from her MP and they were told that my papers was under review,that was sometime february 2009,so we think that the lengty review on my application was done,that is why they ask my passport size pics.im not losing hope on this,im positive,coz were a legitimate relationship,shes my gf for 13 years before we tie the knot.the mistake of my wife is an offshot to my application,we call it an honest mistake.hopefuly the embassy would give us due merit of how we make sacrifes of 4 years apart as my wife,my Gf then work hard in canada as caregiver.then were almost 2 years apart again coz were simply waiting the decision of my application.to be exact,august 5,2009 would be 1 year of my application procesed in manila.i dont understand why it take them that long to make a decision on our case.God be with us