+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Insurance for Visitor Visa from India

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
Hello Experts,

My Mom was just approved Visitor visa and I am trying to find suitable cashless insurance for her, She lives in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Do you know any good company that provides insurance?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!
HP.

kkankal

Oct 2, 2010
Hi,

My in-laws are visiting next month. After speaking to a few friends here, I decided to purchase medical insurance through a broker in Calgary. They mentioned that they knew of people who had difficulty getting their costs reimbursed back in India. The biggest benefit if you purchase insurance locally is that it is cashless. My in-laws will be with us for little under 5 months and it cost me 1415 CDN$ with zero deductible.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ kkankal

Quite honestly, the insurance policy you've purchased is expensive for 5 months.... compared to a similar policy purchased in India.... and I'm presuming your in-laws are in their 60s/early 70s with no serious illness

You may have wanted to check with insurance providers (global companies) that also operate in India and offer worldwide coverage.... it is possible to make claims back in India

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
One of my friends took cashless insurance from starhealth.in, they have pretty good rates. I'll get a quotation from them and let you know.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You may also want to compare travel/overseas medical insurance policies offered by various insurance companies using www.policybazaar.com