Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Looks like, it's hard to explain these this and get a common view.but as One of members mentioned above when you are a member of family class you are given most chances as possible than other classes. as well,you are exempted on some article. to be clear on what I am saying. CIC has got medical classified in 7 categories. f M. M1 to M7. M1 to M3 looks good and M4 to M7 need more scrutiny. I don't know details on how they go on each M class like M1 M2 M3 etc.. but for example my wife was lucky to be in M1 since that looks like you are feat.
However when you have problems like people on TB treatment this might cause you problems to get your visas?how many times did you see people delayed for 3 years because of that?

Now here is one of the case I got from Appeal forum that shows how medical results might make you there or not.
Just understand that I am not saying that this child of our fellow member won't be admissible.it's CIC medical section that has the last word on that, after interpretation of your medical exam.

The person in this comment below is on Appeal Forum his name is Qamma,

'' Hi people.
I applied 2 years ago and my wife had interview end of November 2015 . Before interview she had medical and something came in x rays and she had to undergo more tests and had to wait for results. So my wife's medical wasn't cleared until interview date. She gave the interview and we couldnt tell how it went because according to my wife it was OK but she said I had a feeling the interviewing officer acted weird and seemed like she wasn't impressed. However I started waiting for her medical to be clear and then it was cleared Jan 21st. On Jan 22nd I checked the application status and it said decision made and in updates they had written that we sent you correspondence on your decision on December 17th. So I checked my postal mail and realized they had sent 2 letters one under my wifes name and one under mine but they were sent back because I didn't collect them in time. Now I spoke to few people and they suggested that it could be refusal letters. I'm so depressed since then and Ave written them and email as urgent but haven't got any reply from them, it's been almost a week so I'm guessing they didn't considered my email as urgent so I probably have to wait for another 2 to 3 weeks for the response from them. One immigration consultant also told me that I might not be elegible for an appeal either because it has to be done within 30 days. I'm seriously worried and don't know what to do. Could you please tell me if something similar happened to anyone here??? Please help I posted in another forum but no one replied back except one person and all he said you are lucky at least you got a response.''

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Medical requirements

Members of the family class are medically inadmissible if they or their family members are likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or if their admission might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demands on health or social services [A38(1)]. See Exceptions to medical inadmissibility, Section 5.20 below.
See Instructions on medical examinations . That chapter also explains how to interpret medical results to determine if the applicant is medically admissible and the steps to take before informing applicants that they are refused for medical reasons.
If a member of the family class or a family member is found to be inadmissible for medical reasons, and no new information is provided (see medically inadmissible if they or their family members are likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or if their admission might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demands on health or social services [A38(1)]. See Exceptions to medical inadmissibility, Section 5.20 below.
See), the application should be refused.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The case you are referring to falls under 38 (a), which refers to a public health risk. TB (or possible TB) is a public health risk. No category of immigration is exempt from 38 (a) or (b), which refer to public health and public safety. If a family class applicant has a condition that would pose a risk to the public health of Canadians, then the application would be delayed until the risk is gone, or refused if it is not possible to remove the risk.

The OP is talking about a congenital defect, which does not pose a risk to public health or safety. The OP's only concern is about excessive demand, which spouses and children are exempt from.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Once again, TB is not excessive demand. OP was specifically asking about excessive demand refusals. Excessive demand does not apply to spousal / dependent child sponsorships through family class. I'm not sure how else to explain this.

The OP's child will have no issues being approved. Please do not create unnecessary and unfounded concern.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
I see your point, is my point as well.just thought that you guys said the medical inadmissibility does not concern family members. which is not.at the end we are all on same side.Cheers.cheers. :)

ryannull

Feb 12, 2016
scylla said:
Once again, TB is not excessive demand. OP was specifically asking about excessive demand refusals. Excessive demand does not apply to spousal / dependent child sponsorships through family class. I'm not sure how else to explain this.

The OP's child will have no issues being approved. Please do not create unnecessary and unfounded concern.
Thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate it. You guys have been extremely helpful.

I wasn't too worried about it, until I found some threads about people being rejected because of having dependents with developmental delay and autism. Like I said, last I knew he had congenital hypothyroidism and adhd. I haven't sen him in a few years, so I don't know if it got worse or better. From my understanding, even if he had autism, that still won't be an issue for me being under family class sponsorship. Please correct me if I am wrong.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lonelyguy said:
I see your point, is my point as well.just thought that you guys said the medical inadmissibility does not concern family members. which is not.at the end we are all on same side.Cheers.cheers. :)
The thread is about Excessive Demand. Your posts had nothing to do with that and as said by scylla above, simply caused unnecessary concern.

ryannull said:
I wasn't too worried about it, until I found some threads about people being rejected because of having dependents with developmental delay and autism. Like I said, last I knew he had congenital hypothyroidism and adhd. I haven't sen him in a few years, so I don't know if it got worse or better. From my understanding, even if he had autism, that still won't be an issue for me being under family class sponsorship. Please correct me if I am wrong.
No, there is no issue if your child has autism.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
canuck_in_uk said:
The thread is about Excessive Demand. Your posts had nothing to do with that and as said by scylla above, simply caused unnecessary concern.

No, there is no issue if your child has autism.
Yes Scylla is right, but this fellow member Mokomoko is the one who confused me.I think she turned the discussion out of point and I can see some other people who got same way as well.but at the end. I realized that I was also explaining your point.that's why I said that we have same side view.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Mokomoko said:
@Lon I didn't confuse anybody :eek:. Stop.
read before you say something. Simple.
The OP asked if his child would be medically inadmissable, Syclla correctly stated that he wouldn't be as the medical issue isn't a threat to other Canadians and you said "Who said that spouses and dependents can not be medical inadmissible?" when nobody said that.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Question: If someone applies under express entry. and later that person gets married adds his spouse under the same application. Is there any chance that the person's wife might not get PR under excessive health demand inadmissibility?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sam_dawkins said:
Question: If someone applies under express entry. and later that person gets married adds his spouse under the same application. Is there any chance that the person's wife might not get PR under excessive health demand inadmissibility?
If you add a spouse to your PR app and that spouse is medically inadmissible, you will both be rejected.

smac

Apr 9, 2017
Hello folks! if a dependent child has ADD (ADHD), would it cause medical inadmissibility?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
smac said:
Hello folks! if a dependent child has ADD (ADHD), would it cause medical inadmissibility?
No. It's treatment is not excessive, and dependents/spouses are exempted from refusal on the basis of excessive demand.

smac

Apr 9, 2017
Thanks! I worried that the doctor placed a grade (B) to my son, just because of the ADD, whereas all other family members, including myself as a primary applicant - are graded (A).