Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Hi Everyone good day, just like to inquire what could be happening to my application, email was sent by MHB RMO regarding furtherance request letter for additional information. My wife has breast CA and we both anticipated it. I just couldn't figure out if the medicals were uploaded before this email. Her GCKEY says "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details." My ECAS under principal applicant says We sent medical instructions on. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. I speculate that medicals may have not been uploaded. Yesterday i received pre-arrival letter. Just like to ask for your take on this issue since I'm confused. We contacted that panel doctor last Friday but since it is a holiday today, we didn't hear anything.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi there,

Are you an inland or outland applicant? (i’m not able to see your signature for some reason)

When did you have your medical? It is taking longer for clinics to upload e medical results. It is taking even longer for IRCC to assess them & mark them as passed. I assume that if you received a furtherance request that means they have received your medical & based on the dr’s advice/assessment by IRCC, they are asking for this new info. I mean how else would they know about her previous illness/diagnosis.

It could also just be that GCkey & eCAS are out of sync and take approx 24-48hrs to sync up.

You could always try contacting IRCC by phone or webform; and keep calling your dr’s office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
email was sent by MHB RMO regarding furtherance request letter for additional information. My wife has breast CA and we both anticipated it. I just couldn't figure out if the medicals were uploaded before this email.
If you got email from the RMO (IRCC regional medical officer) requesting more information, it must have been uploaded by the clinic, otherwise the RMO would not have been aware at all.

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Hi there,

Are you an inland or outland applicant? (i’m not able to see your signature for some reason)

When did you have your medical? It is taking longer for clinics to upload e medical results. It is taking even longer for IRCC to assess them & mark them as passed. I assume that if you received a furtherance request that means they have received your medical & based on the dr’s advice/assessment by IRCC, they are asking for this new info. I mean how else would they know about her previous illness/diagnosis.

It could also just be that GCkey & eCAS are out of sync and take approx 24-48hrs to sync up.

You could always try contacting IRCC by phone or webform; and keep calling your dr’s office.
Thanks a lot for taking time to reply, I am Inland. Panel Doctor sent me a letter and they required my wife 60 days to comply. My wife had a CT scan recently and it didn't show up, I think the Radiologist made a mistake.

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
If you got email from the RMO (IRCC regional medical officer) requesting more information, it must have been uploaded by the clinic, otherwise the RMO would not have been aware at all.
Thanks for taking time to reply, I'd like to ask if RMO IRCC has already asked for additional testing, can you ask help from your Panel Physician.? My wife has breast CA and during the Xray, she wasn't asked for medical history and the Dr who read the xray could have ruled out her medical history. To add to that claim, her oncologist recently required her to have a CT scan, there was no evidence or results that suggested they she has TB which will surely be detected by her Onco if there was. Can the Panel Physician still explain this to the RMO to reverse the requirement for furtherance? Can I also ask help from the Doctor who read her x ray results?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for taking time to reply, I'd like to ask if RMO IRCC has already asked for additional testing, can you ask help from your Panel Physician.? My wife has breast CA and during the Xray, she wasn't asked for medical history and the Dr who read the xray could have ruled out her medical history. To add to that claim, her oncologist recently required her to have a CT scan, there was no evidence or results that suggested they she has TB which will surely be detected by her Onco if there was. Can the Panel Physician still explain this to the RMO to reverse the requirement for furtherance? Can I also ask help from the Doctor who read her x ray results?
A CT exam can't rule out TB. They must have seen something on the x-ray which could be many things. If she has recent imaging thst shows the same area of concern but without a sputum test you can't be 100% sure.

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
A CT exam can't rule out TB. They must have seen something on the x-ray which could be many things. If she has recent imaging thst shows the same area of concern but without a sputum test you can't be 100% sure.
Thanks Canuck for your inputs, Oncologist required her to do a full body scan which I think can also see abnormalities in the lung area. Just spoke with her panel physician, she told us to just comply.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Canuck for your inputs, Oncologist required her to do a full body scan which I think can also see abnormalities in the lung area. Just spoke with her panel physician, she told us to just comply.
Not all CTs are the same. Assume it was CT with contrast which wouldn't necessarily pick up lung infections.

Reactions: YVR123

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Not all CTs are the same. Assume it was CT with contrast which wouldn't necessarily pick up lung infections.
we would comply with RMO request but lessons learned from this experience, should have told Radiologist medical history. anyway, i have to add more than 3 months in my application timeline,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we would comply with RMO request but lessons learned from this experience, should have told Radiologist medical history. anyway, i have to add more than 3 months in my application timeline,
Not sure why telling the radiologist her medical background would have changed anything, That wouldn't have avoided needing to rule out TB.