+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for PR - Staying in Canada for 3 years

navnkg

Sep 15, 2016
Hi,

I have stayed in Canada for 3 consecutive years now. First 2 years on student permit and then another year on work permit. I have an invitation to apply for PR.

Do I need to get my Medical done in order to apply for PR?

Though you should know that when my student permit was issued, I got medical done and after that i have stayed in Canada only.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Navneet

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have stayed in Canada for 3 consecutive years now. First 2 years on student permit and then another year on work permit. I have an invitation to apply for PR.

Do I need to get my Medical done in order to apply for PR?

Though you should know that when my student permit was issued, I got medical done and after that i have stayed in Canada only.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Navneet
yes you need to get medicals done and submit that as well when submitting the documents.

Reactions: navnkg

navnkg

Sep 15, 2016
Thanks for the replies!

Just a small concern here that the main reason that they want medical is to see if we have lived in any designated countries or we have any health ailments.

While issuing student permit/work permit, medical was clean. After that, I have lived all 3 years in Canada only. So, I see no point in medical requirement. But, they need medical just for the sake of having us spend money.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Thanks for the replies!

Just a small concern here that the main reason that they want medical is to see if we have lived in any designated countries or we have any health ailments.

While issuing student permit/work permit, medical was clean. After that, I have lived all 3 years in Canada only. So, I see no point in medical requirement. But, they need medical just for the sake of having us spend money.
Canada is not a virus/bacteria free zone. They need to make sure that you still meet the requirements.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the replies!

Ah, yes, because it isn't possible to get cancer, HIV, syphilis, liver failure, heart disease etc. while living in Canada....

Reactions: socrates