+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for EE

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I call medical clinic in Uzbekistan to make appointment for my spouse and daughter but nurse said they need UCI number. My spouse and daughter have no UCI number.
We don't know what to do.
Does anybody have same situation?

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
ngelsa said:
Did my Medical earlier today and a few things to note:
1. The cost was $330 (for the clinic I went to)
2. The clinic did not know of the EE program and hence the nurse put me down as Worker category (I am not applying under the family class nor student class, so worker is the closest one)
3. Bring a passport AND health card AND Driver License (Passport is a must because the form that the nurse had to complete asks for info regarding your passport)
4. Copies of your pictures if your clinic does not use eMedical system - check CIC website for the exact # of copies (my clinic uses the eMedical system so I didn't have to bring my own pictures)
5. Bring your medical history and long term medication if applicable
6. Glasses (if you, like me, do not wear glasses on a regular basis but do need one for driving then make sure you bring one)
7. Allow 2 hours for the exam

One thing I want to point out is that the nurse will need to know of your place of birth and citizenship to proceed with the examination. If you are in a slightly complicated situation like myself (ex. born in Hong Kong holding a B.N.O. passport), make sure you have the nurse look through the entire list to select the correct country and citizenship! For me, B.N.O. was, for some reason, not sorted alphabetically and was at the very bottom of the list! Glad I insisted the nurse to search through the entire list before settling for "British Overseas Territories"! Also, for those of you who are born in Hong Kong, your nurse will have to select "HKSAR of the PRC". My nurse couldn't find Hong Kong on the list and I was surprised! Then I asked there is nothing like "Hong Kong SAR?" and she said, "HKSAR of the PRC? I wouldn't have guessed that means Hong Kong!".

Remember, the nurse has no responsibility for putting in wrong information on those forms, so it is all on you to make sure that all information is corrected on the system!

Last but not least, at the end the doctor gave me the forms that I could submit to CIC. The results will be sent to CIC through the eMedical system after 10 days or so (they have to wait for blood test results to come back to the clinic first).

Good luck.
+1 to you.. very informative!

shuklapranu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
ngelsa said:
Did my Medical earlier today and a few things to note:
1. The cost was $330 (for the clinic I went to)
2. The clinic did not know of the EE program and hence the nurse put me down as Worker category (I am not applying under the family class nor student class, so worker is the closest one)
3. Bring a passport AND health card AND Driver License (Passport is a must because the form that the nurse had to complete asks for info regarding your passport)
4. Copies of your pictures if your clinic does not use eMedical system - check CIC website for the exact # of copies (my clinic uses the eMedical system so I didn't have to bring my own pictures)
5. Bring your medical history and long term medication if applicable
6. Glasses (if you, like me, do not wear glasses on a regular basis but do need one for driving then make sure you bring one)
7. Allow 2 hours for the exam

One thing I want to point out is that the nurse will need to know of your place of birth and citizenship to proceed with the examination. If you are in a slightly complicated situation like myself (ex. born in Hong Kong holding a B.N.O. passport), make sure you have the nurse look through the entire list to select the correct country and citizenship! For me, B.N.O. was, for some reason, not sorted alphabetically and was at the very bottom of the list! Glad I insisted the nurse to search through the entire list before settling for "British Overseas Territories"! Also, for those of you who are born in Hong Kong, your nurse will have to select "HKSAR of the PRC". My nurse couldn't find Hong Kong on the list and I was surprised! Then I asked there is nothing like "Hong Kong SAR?" and she said, "HKSAR of the PRC? I wouldn't have guessed that means Hong Kong!".

Remember, the nurse has no responsibility for putting in wrong information on those forms, so it is all on you to make sure that all information is corrected on the system!

Last but not least, at the end the doctor gave me the forms that I could submit to CIC. The results will be sent to CIC through the eMedical system after 10 days or so (they have to wait for blood test results to come back to the clinic first).

Good luck.

Hi ngelsa

Can you please tell where did yiu take the medical exam..i mean which clinic nd city...thanks

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
anvar21 said:
I call medical clinic in Uzbekistan to make appointment for my spouse and daughter but nurse said they need UCI number. My spouse and daughter have no UCI number.
We don't know what to do.
Does anybody have same situation?
I think if you are the primary applicant they just need your UCI. Check with cic!!!

kiloalpha

Feb 9, 2015
go to the doc and say its an upfront medical.if you don't have a UMI number they will create one for you based on your passport and photo
that they take on the spot.good luck

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
nata_cap said:
The clinic will give you a paper as a proof that u had the exam, then u will submit this paper. The clinic will send the results to cic.

+1

Thanks for the info

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I did mine at Mediclinic in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. There are 2 others available in Saskatoon but I didn't bother to call the other two since Mediclinic was the one that had the soonest appointment time.

shuklapranu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
ngelsa said:
I did mine at Mediclinic in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. There are 2 others available in Saskatoon but I didn't bother to call the other two since Mediclinic was the one that had the soonest appointment time.
Thanks....i thought u did in edmonton

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiloalpha said:
go to the doc and say its an upfront medical.if you don't have a UMI number they will create one for you based on your passport and photo
that they take on the spot.good luck
They finally able to make appointment.
Thank you for the advise.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nata_cap said:
I think if you are the primary applicant they just need your UCI. Check with cic!!!
They finally able to make appointment.
Thank you for the advise.
Good luck

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Done with my medical today in Calgary cost me $350 for everything.I asked the doctor about the paper works and he said the receipt and information sheet with UMI will suffice as a proof because they're not allowed to disclose the result to the applicant unless they need to retake a certain test and result are sent by E-medical.
Did anyone receive any form other than the receipt and info sheet from the clinic ?

julieaerol

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cem
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 18, 2013
AOR Received.
feb 22, 2013
Med's Request
feb 22, 2013
Med's Done....
feb 27, 2013
hello guys i just want to ask my husband is the principal applicant , he received an ITA, were gathering requirements, now im in hongkong, can i go medical here in hongkong? somebody pls help.. ty

kenjiro

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
julieaerol said:
hello guys i just want to ask my husband is the principal applicant , he received an ITA, were gathering requirements, now im in hongkong, can i go medical here in hongkong? somebody pls help.. ty
yes!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=033&t=4

Good luck..! ;)

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
biz said:
Done with my medical today in Calgary cost me $350 for everything.I asked the doctor about the paper works and he said the receipt and information sheet with UMI will suffice as a proof because they're not allowed to disclose the result to the applicant unless they need to retake a certain test and result are sent by E-medical.
Did anyone receive any form other than the receipt and info sheet from the clinic ?
That is all you are given. Just upload the scanned copy of this as med proof. Everything else will be taken care.

julieaerol

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cem
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 18, 2013
AOR Received.
feb 22, 2013
Med's Request
feb 22, 2013
Med's Done....
feb 27, 2013
thank u kenjiro... what should i bring? if i go for medical exams?