Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
ngelsa said:
I couldn't get out of work today, so I rescheduled my medical to this Friday. I will update after my exam. Also, the cost is $325-ish. I cannot recall the exact number that the nurse gave me.
Did my Medical earlier today and a few things to note:
1. The cost was $330 (for the clinic I went to)
2. The clinic did not know of the EE program and hence the nurse put me down as Worker category (I am not applying under the family class nor student class, so worker is the closest one)
3. Bring a passport AND health card AND Driver License (Passport is a must because the form that the nurse had to complete asks for info regarding your passport)
4. Copies of your pictures if your clinic does not use eMedical system - check CIC website for the exact # of copies (my clinic uses the eMedical system so I didn't have to bring my own pictures)
5. Bring your medical history and long term medication if applicable
6. Glasses (if you, like me, do not wear glasses on a regular basis but do need one for driving then make sure you bring one)
7. Allow 2 hours for the exam

One thing I want to point out is that the nurse will need to know of your place of birth and citizenship to proceed with the examination. If you are in a slightly complicated situation like myself (ex. born in Hong Kong holding a B.N.O. passport), make sure you have the nurse look through the entire list to select the correct country and citizenship! For me, B.N.O. was, for some reason, not sorted alphabetically and was at the very bottom of the list! Glad I insisted the nurse to search through the entire list before settling for "British Overseas Territories"! Also, for those of you who are born in Hong Kong, your nurse will have to select "HKSAR of the PRC". My nurse couldn't find Hong Kong on the list and I was surprised! Then I asked there is nothing like "Hong Kong SAR?" and she said, "HKSAR of the PRC? I wouldn't have guessed that means Hong Kong!".

Remember, the nurse has no responsibility for putting in wrong information on those forms, so it is all on you to make sure that all information is corrected on the system!

Last but not least, at the end the doctor gave me the forms that I could submit to CIC. The results will be sent to CIC through the eMedical system after 10 days or so (they have to wait for blood test results to come back to the clinic first).

Good luck.

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your post ngelsa!
That's really helpful!
So you did your ME under workers category in emporary residents?
not ME for permanent residents?
-----------
Medical exams
If you apply to:

Immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to Canada.
Come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you may need a medical exam.
-------------
so they take you as the second one??

ngelsa said:
2. The clinic did not know of the EE program and hence the nurse put me down as Worker category (I am not applying under the family class nor student class, so worker is the closest one)
3. Bring a passport AND health card AND Driver License (Passport is a must because the form that the nurse had to complete asks for info regarding your passport)
4. Copies of your pictures if your clinic does not use eMedical system - check CIC website for the exact # of copies (my clinic uses the eMedical system so I didn't have to bring my own pictures)
6. Glasses (if you, like me, do not wear glasses on a regular basis but do need one for driving then make sure you bring one)

One thing I want to point out is that the nurse will need to know of your place of birth and citizenship to proceed with the examination. If you are in a slightly complicated situation like myself (ex. born in Hong Kong holding a B.N.O. passport), make sure you have the nurse look through the entire list to select the correct country and citizenship! For me, B.N.O. was, for some reason, not sorted alphabetically and was at the very bottom of the list! Glad I insisted the nurse to search through the entire list before settling for "British Overseas Territories"! Also, for those of you who are born in Hong Kong, your nurse will have to select "HKSAR of the PRC". My nurse couldn't find Hong Kong on the list and I was surprised! Then I asked there is nothing like "Hong Kong SAR?" and she said, "HKSAR of the PRC? I wouldn't have guessed that means Hong Kong!".

Remember, the nurse has no responsibility for putting in wrong information on those forms, so it is all on you to make sure that all information is corrected on the system!

Last but not least, at the end the doctor gave me the forms that I could submit to CIC. The results will be sent to CIC through the eMedical system after 10 days or so (they have to wait for blood test results to come back to the clinic first).

Good luck.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
tempa said:
Thank you for your post ngelsa!
That's really helpful!
So you did your ME under workers category in emporary residents?
not ME for permanent residents?
-----------
Medical exams
If you apply to:

Immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to Canada.
Come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you may need a medical exam.
-------------
so they take you as the second one??
The problem with Express Entry's Upfront Medical Request is that the clinics cannot select Permanent Resident for upfront medical because there is no such category for their system when you don't have a form for them. They can choose either "Family Class", "Worker" or "Student".

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah, I know that.
but the 2 categories for upfront ME in CIC are:

1.Immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to Canada.
2 categories under this:
a.family class: Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner
b.family class: Dependent children
2.Come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you may need a medical exam.
3 categories under this:
a.Workers
b.Students
c.Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)

the second category is for temporary residents not permanent residents...
That's the problem~
We'll see what should we do...

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
tempa said:
yeah, I know that.
but the 2 categories for upfront ME in CIC are:

1.Immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to Canada.
2 categories under this:
a.family class: Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner
b.family class: Dependent children
2.Come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you may need a medical exam.
3 categories under this:
a.Workers
b.Students
c.Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)

the second category is for temporary residents not permanent residents...
That's the problem~
We'll see what should we do...
When you click on the Instruction under Proof of Medical Exam in your document check list it will direct you to a link here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

You only have 3 classes to choose from, so choose the best that describes your situation.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
I had my medical exam this week..and it was really simple..I paid 400 total.
Just needed to bring passport and no pictures cause they are using the medical
You have to have your contacts on in case you use them or bring glasses
And they didn't ask anything related to medical history.
Mine was really fast 1 hour and a half was done...but usually takes up to 2 hours.
My clinic didn't have the proper paper for EE also and put under family category.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
nata_cap said:
I had my medical exam this week..and it was really simple..I paid 400 total.
Just needed to bring passport and no pictures cause they are using the medical
You have to have your contacts on in case you use them or bring glasses
And they didn't ask anything related to medical history.
Mine was really fast 1 hour and a half was done...but usually takes up to 2 hours.
My clinic didn't have the proper paper for EE also and put under family category.

Hi
What medical procedure did they perform aside from Chest xray and blood works? Why take 2 hours, never done medical exams from a long time

shuklapranu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2013
ngelsa said:

Good luck.
Hi
would you please revert where did you have your medicals done

Thanks

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
biz said:
Hi
What medical procedure did they perform aside from Chest xray and blood works? Why take 2 hours, never done medical exams from a long time
takes 2 hours cause u need to be waiting for each exam.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I have question about Medical exam.
After medical exam what do I get? Do they give result or anything else? What do I have upload? I remember very first time when I am having the medical exam they didn't give me any paper in Moscow.
I am in Canada but my spouse and daughter is in Uzbekistan. I just want to make sure I they need to get copy or something cuz all blood samples and other things will be sent to London.
Please If you have same situation or experience similar situation share your experiences.
Thank you very much in advance.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
anvar21 said:
Hi guys
I have question about Medical exam.
After medical exam what do I get? Do they give result or anything else? What do I have upload? I remember very first time when I am having the medical exam they didn't give me any paper in Moscow.
I am in Canada but my spouse and daughter is in Uzbekistan. I just want to make sure I they need to get copy or something cuz all blood samples and other things will be sent to London.
Please If you have same situation or experience similar situation share your experiences.
Thank you very much in advance.
The clinic will give you a paper as a proof that u had the exam, then u will submit this paper. The clinic will send the results to cic.

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nata_cap said:
The clinic will give you a paper as a proof that u had the exam, then u will submit this paper. The clinic will send the results to cic.
Thank you for the answer.
it is very helpful

Shaun25

Nov 8, 2012
I had got my emedicals done back in nov 2014. Submitted the same copy, is it an issue?

Was to be sponsored by my husband in jan but received an ita which is faster process.

Please reply...

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
Shaun25 said:
I had got my emedicals done back in nov 2014. Submitted the same copy, is it an issue?

Was to be sponsored by my husband in jan but received an ita which is faster process.

Please reply...
its ok...medical exam is valid for 1 year!