+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
Hi all,
Please I have an inquiry about medical, I just got an ITA for PR, I already did a medical for my work permit, do I still need to re-do it for PR application or this one should be Ok?

Thanks

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Elsa81 said:
Hi all,
Please I have an inquiry about medical, I just got an ITA for PR, I already did a medical for my work permit, do I still need to re-do it for PR application or this one should be Ok?

Thanks
How old is your medical certificate? If it is less than 6 months, it should be fine. I submitted my application on March 3 with medical certificate dated on October 13, 2016, which obtained for my work permit. My medical is passed last month. Go ahead with your medicals if it is less than 6 months old.

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
Thank you for the reply!

I had my medical in March 2016, so it's 13 months old. I know it is valid for 12 months, but my question is that could I still re puse my same medical done for WP for the purpose of PR, which you said yes, correct? Do you have input on the duration part?

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Elsa81 said:
Thank you for the reply!

I had my medical in March 2016, so it's 13 months old. I know it is valid for 12 months, but my question is that could I still re puse my same medical done for WP for the purpose of PR, which you said yes, correct? Do you have input on the duration part?

Yes. Do the same medicals as same as work permit.

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
You have to re take the medical, yours has expired.
Thanks for reply!

So no chance to use it at all? I don't know where I read that, but doesn't CIC sometimes consider it if it was free and expired within 6 months as being still valid,is that wrong?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No. You need another exam.

Validity

Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Elsa81

Mar 1, 2016
21Goose said:
No. You need another exam.

Validity

Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Got it. Thank you all!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Elsa81 said:
Thanks for reply!

So no chance to use it at all? I don't know where I read that, but doesn't CIC sometimes consider it if it was free and expired within 6 months as being still valid,is that wrong?
Expired means expired. You have to get a new one.

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Guys...

I just applied for my e-APR few days ago.

My e-APR document check list required the Medical exam. So I uploaded/submitted.
Now in my CIC account, my Medical status in my e-APR is as below:

Review of medical results --> You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

What does that mean? am I good~

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahmedir said:
Guys...

My e-APR document check list required the Medical exam. So I uploaded/submitted.

Review of medical results --> You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Yes, that's normal.

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
@Delpiero Thanks.

Can you please also let me know about BOWP ....

The BOWP application form IMM5710E has this question as below;

I am applying for one of the following:
(1) A work permit with same employer
(2) An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
(3) Restoration of your status as Worker
(4) Temporary Resident Permit

I can select (1) or (2) but In order to select (3) or (4), one of either (1) or (2) must be selected.

Since my current PGWP is expiring in couple of weeks,

which option should I select (1) or (2) or else ?

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Guys...

Hello,

i too have the same status as yours. Could you please let me know if there is any change in your status or is it the same?

RBCAN

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Seniors,
I have a question about Medical exam after getting ITA.
I am single and applied as principal/only candidate for Express Entry. My question is: Do my parents (in India) also have to get their medical exam done? They will not immigrate. May be in future they can visit as tourists.
CIS's definition of family that I found on their site is "An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children"
This doesn't mention anything about applicant's parents.

Please help!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Seniors,
I have a question about Medical exam after getting ITA.
I am single and applied as principal/only candidate for Express Entry. My question is: Do my parents (in India) also have to get their medical exam done? They will not immigrate. May be in future they can visit as tourists.
CIS's definition of family that I found on their site is "An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children"
This doesn't mention anything about applicant's parents.

Please help!
No parents are not considered "family" as per the definition.

Reactions: gaurul