+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
I am having a terrible day :( . I don't know, how to feel anymore, the ups and downs are like being on a roller coaster. We are at the end of the process, nothing left for the VO to do, but mail my husbands COPR/ landing extension. But when will that happen? Ottawa just said email for extension approval sent to Detroit about a week ago and they will have no further update from Detroit till August 23.. I am going to see my hubby next week for 6 days, we haven't seen each other for a couple months, and we thought I would fly down, and we would drive back for his landing, thought it would be all done by now..its taking its toll on us and today is nothing but tears, I had to come home from work I didn't want to even look at anyone, let alone have them ask me questions.. SIGHS . so close and yet what? unknown ! I just can't seem to get past this today.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Lasiar said:
I am having a terrible day :( . I don't know, how to feel anymore, the ups and downs are like being on a roller coaster. We are at the end of the process, nothing left for the VO to do, but mail my husbands COPR/ landing extension. But when will that happen? Ottawa just said email for extension approval sent to Detroit about a week ago and they will have no further update from Detroit till August 23.. I am going to see my hubby next week for 6 days, we haven't seen each other for a couple months, and we thought I would fly down, and we would drive back for his landing, thought it would be all done by now..its taking its toll on us and today is nothing but tears, I had to come home from work I didn't want to even look at anyone, let alone have them ask me questions.. SIGHS . so close and yet what? unknown ! I just can't seem to get past this today.
Dear Laiser,

Rise and shine!
Last step its already done!! :) ;)

And soon you are going to see your husband, just focus on that; all this process took out the worst from us but on the another hand it took out the best from us, every moment spent with our soulmate it was and is priceless ;).

If you are depressed today, it will pass, ""it's ok to not be ok..." how they say.

You go out, have a good dinner and a glass of wine, the day will be over soon, and tomorrow its going to be another day. ;D

PS Here is something that might bring a piece of joy in this terible moments which are a part from our life unfortunalety.

http://www.lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html Enjoy the ride! ;)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Lasiar said:
Sorry for miss spelling your name LASIAR ;D

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
I.N said:
Sorry for miss spelling your name LASIAR ;D
Thank you I.N.. your video was very touching thank you for sharing with me. I know you are right, I am looking forward to seeing my hubby so much, I can hardly wait.. and you are right sometimes its ok not to be ok. just one of those days, and it will pass.

Take care
Lasiar :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasiar said:
It's ok to be sad and frustrated and annoyed at the delays and uncertainty. And at the fact that you don't know what to tell people who want you to tell them when it will all be done :)

Have you thought of all the things you'll do when you are visiting your husband? What are your favorite things to do and places to go to with him that you won't get a chance to do after he moves?

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
OhCanadiana said:
It's ok to be sad and frustrated and annoyed at the delays and uncertainty. And at the fact that you don't know what to tell people who want you to tell them when it will all be done :)

Have you thought of all the things you'll do when you are visiting your husband? What are your favorite things to do and places to go to with him that you won't get a chance to do after he moves?
Hi OhC Yes I feel all of those things, and I know you all do too. We will go riding(motocycle) I was never on one before I met him and I really enjoy it, its fun and exciting and I get to hug him tight. :) He has been riding for 20+yrs so I feel very safe with him.. Day trips here and there but mostly just being with him, and honestly it doesnt even matter where we go or what we do, "Cuddle" maybe. :) Thank you both for your comments it has helped me cheer a bit. Let us all hear something soon.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasiar said:
Hi OhC Yes I feel all of those things, and I know you all do too. We will go riding(motocycle) I was never on one before I met him and I really enjoy it, its fun and exciting and I get to hug him tight. :) He has been riding for 20+yrs so I feel very safe with him.. Day trips here and there but mostly just being with him, and honestly it doesnt even matter where we go or what we do, "Cuddle" maybe. :) Thank you both for your comments it has helped me cheer a bit. Let us all hear something soon.
Sounds like you have a fun time planned :)

sandes

Mar 15, 2012
hi Ohcanadiana, i just happened to read the medical extension new policy and i doubt ill have mine extended since we had it done on december 2010. we applied a year after, and got sponsorship approval on july 2012. what do u think? if its a no, should i go and have it done or cross fingers and wait if i will be asked to redo it? thanks

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandes said:
hi Ohcanadiana, i just happened to read the medical extension new policy and i doubt ill have mine extended since we had it done on december 2010. we applied a year after, and got sponsorship approval on july 2012. what do u think? if its a no, should i go and have it done or cross fingers and wait if i will be asked to redo it? thanks
Hi :)

You will most likely need to redo your medical exam. When to do it depends on how long your visa office usually takes to process spousal applications so that hopefully you only end up redoing it once.

Take a look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp for details on the timing. Also, consider that your visa will expire one year (or two, if extended) from the date of your medical (unless your passport expires before them).

sandes

Mar 15, 2012
@ohcanadiana :)ok thanks. im feeling bad now that i have to redo the exam. so is it better to do it when the officer asks it? :) my VO time is less than a yr

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandes said:
@ ohcanadiana :)ok thanks. im feeling bad now that i have to redo the exam. so is it better to do it when the officer asks it? :) my VO time is less than a yr
Then, consider doing it soon - you run the risk of having it expire, but you have the upside of not waiting for the request. It takes 2-3 weeks for them to evaluate it so if you are willing to take the risk go for it!

Good luck :)

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Hello my friends, just received this today from Detroit::::

Dear Sir/Madam:

We just received your medical extension. The file is now in process for finalization.

Regards

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lasiar

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasiar said:
Hello my friends, just received this today from Detroit::::

Dear Sir/Madam:

We just received your medical extension. The file is now in process for finalization.

Regards

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lasiar
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be thrilled :)

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be thrilled :)
OhC I am Thrilled beyond belief.. :)